Brandon TX

American men meeting Russian women in ........America?????

127 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I met my wife for the first time in the USA! She was here with a couple friends. There are thousands of young russian women every summer that get work or students visas here, is kinda one of the thing for college kids to do in the summer.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met my wife for the first time in the USA! She was here with a couple friends. There are thousands of young russian women every summer that get work or students visas here, is kinda one of the thing for college kids to do in the summer.

I met Vika in Kentucky, so I believe you. It was a great thing for us because Vika already had a comfort level with America, and my city, etc. There is so much for her to be nervous about, the new location is just one less thing :)

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

interesting .. I never meet Russians under 40 in America ... I do go to Russia alot so i guess its a trade off. Obviosuly I met my fiancee in Russia :-)

I dated several Russian speaking girls way under 40 over the years, and my city doesn't have a very large Russian community at all. The Russian speaking men I know here in town make great sport out of chasing young (all under 30) Russian girls at clubs and on the web. They are here in fair numbers. In fairness though, these guys do date a goodly number of girls that are point 'n click married, or used to be. Some of the guys used to have fun showing me web sites full of married girls looking to hook up with some one from home. One reason I have never been able to relate to or trust the concept of meeting through a service. That is not to say that I have a problem with that, I do not, and know some couples who are very happy after that kind of intro. To each his own.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Brad, you're right. Meeting face to face is the best. As an old romantic, I still believe in love at first sight, but sometimes it takes a while to convince the lady.

Welcome Home. I hope you have lots of rest time planned for Vika. The time change is pretty tough so expect her to need extra sleep and just lots of rest adjusting her body clock. The minimum time for her to start being herself is two weeks and it can take up to 3-4 months for a good adjustment.

Welcome to America, Vika. We all hope you will be very happy here.

:dance:

Brad, you're right. Meeting face to face is the best. As an old romantic, I still believe in love at first sight, but sometimes it takes a while to convince the lady.

Welcome Home. I hope you have lots of rest time planned for Vika. The time change is pretty tough so expect her to need extra sleep and just lots of rest adjusting her body clock. The minimum time for her to start being herself is two weeks and it can take up to 3-4 months for a good adjustment.

Welcome to America, Vika. We all hope you will be very happy here.

:dance:

Thanks brother. From a rest perspective, Vika is in fact holding up better than I am :D It still feels new and strange to her, but she has a great attitude considering the amount of change. I am definitely glad that we took the time and trouble to get to this point. :star:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

but you can find that anywhere else in the world, why spend all your money on Russia, and/or paying to fly Russian women into the US?

Because pound-for-pound, and dollar-for-dollar, you get a higher standard of quality when you import them from Russia/FSU. Most of the guys who would go to a "social event" here in the U.S. and spend all that money to go "shopping" aren't able to "buy" the same level of quality in an American woman that they're going to get in a foreigner, especially a Russian/FSU.

Plain and simple, Russian women are the best "value" for guys who are paying. (Notice I took the politically correct quote out above?) Sure, there are some "cheaper" routes to go, but they're not going to be as "valuable" an investment, especially down the road.

Every time I think about the money I have invested in this relationship so far...two r/t flights to Belarus, full blown wedding w/live band, caviar, etc... I drive on down to the local walmart and take a look at all the 200+lb. heffers. My spirits pick right up after that knowing I'm doing the right thing. :yes:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
but you can find that anywhere else in the world, why spend all your money on Russia, and/or paying to fly Russian women into the US?

Because pound-for-pound, and dollar-for-dollar, you get a higher standard of quality when you import them from Russia/FSU. Most of the guys who would go to a "social event" here in the U.S. and spend all that money to go "shopping" aren't able to "buy" the same level of quality in an American woman that they're going to get in a foreigner, especially a Russian/FSU.

Plain and simple, Russian women are the best "value" for guys who are paying. (Notice I took the politically correct quote out above?) Sure, there are some "cheaper" routes to go, but they're not going to be as "valuable" an investment, especially down the road.

Every time I think about the money I have invested in this relationship so far...two r/t flights to Belarus, full blown wedding w/live band, caviar, etc... I drive on down to the local walmart and take a look at all the 200+lb. heffers. My spirits pick right up after that knowing I'm doing the right thing. :yes:

heheheh that is funny .. I just enjoy having a woan who doesnt think I am insane for having 97 books on the Russian Civil War :-P Americans do find Russian History majors "odd"

Timeline
heheheh that is funny .. I just enjoy having a woan who doesnt think I am insane for having 97 books on the Russian Civil War :-P Americans do find Russian History majors "odd"

Don't kid yourself. Everyone finds History majors odd. :D

hahahah yeah it is still difficult to explain to someone why my latest book acquisition is really cool ..... ;-)

hahahah yeah it is still difficult to explain to someone why my latest book acquisition is really cool ..... ;-)

Just curious...I dabble in Russian and Belarusian history and politics myself...., what is your new book about?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Just curious...I dabble in Russian and Belarusian history and politics myself...., what is your new book about?

:lol: Odd indeed.

Edited by Brad and Vika

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Yesterdays purchase was "The Primary Chronicle" in Slavonic, Russian, and English translations :-)

I primarily research Ancient/Mideval and Soviet Eras, but have a wide breadth of passing interests. I am working a captsone paper now on the Sov-Afhgan war which is proving very interesting. I have another article on the Chechen conflicts as well I am in progress on ...

Edited by K1researcher

Yesterdays purchase was "The Primary Chronicle" in Slavonic, Russian, and English translations :-)

I primarily research Ancient/Mideval and Soviet Eras, but have a wide breadth of passing interests. I am working a captsone paper now on the Sov-Afhgan war which is proving very interesting. I have another article on the Chechen conflicts as well I am in progress on ...

I have heard of that book a few times now. I beleive it gives the history of the Kyev Rus if I'm correct.

btw, when I was in Belarus last, I took the offer to visit Polotsk. That city should be in your book if not by that name. It was one of the original "big 3"....that being Kyev, Novgorod, and Polotsk.

I envy you that purchase. :)

sigbet.jpg

K1, would you mind sharing your works on Sov/Af and Rus/Chech?

I was knee-deep in online studies before the "global war on terror" shut down most of the unbiased websites. Now, I simply can't accept the "fair and balanced" news we see from around the world. I went so far as to order a few books with "Jihad" in the title before running out of resources. After I stopped working for Uncle Sam I realized ordering books about mujahideen wasn't such a good idea since we no longer observe the 4th Amendment. Hopefully sometime in the near future we'll be able to exercise our 1st Amendment Rights again too.

Anyway.... putting the tin-foil hat back in it's case.

If you'd be willing to share I'll PM you with an E-mail address.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.