Brandon TX

American men meeting Russian women in ........America?????

127 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Getting a tourist visa is actually not that difficult if a woman can show a valid reason to travel (e.g. invitation from friends or relatives, science or business conference, etc) and sufficient ties to Russia (good job with decent income, property, kids/parents etc).

I had an open tourist visa before we filed for K-1. Later I sent invitation to two of my unmarried girl friends and they both got visas no problem. Perhaps all of us being over 30 somewhat helped.

Not to disagree with you, but you are the exception rather than than the rule. Plus, most "Russian" women do not make enough money to pay for a plane ticket, hotel, etc. over here. Decent income in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, etc., is not decent income here. Moscow is the the sole exception. From what I can tell, you and the couple others that have received Tourist Visas, probably prepared very well for the tourist applications, thus you had a positive experience. I have talked to several individuals that tried and tried to get a Tourist Visa with no luck. I still have doubts that a agency could get 50 women into the US on the sole reason of attending a social to meet men. I just do not see it happening. Now, that does not mean that they are not bringing them in under work or student Visa's. Even then, to me, that is a dangerous road to travel down. After talking to USCIS, 3 lawyers, and the responses from this site. I think the general idea is that either there is a misunderstanding on what this social is, its a scam, or the women are already here in the US.

Until recently I also would have disagreed with Blues Fairy but it does now seem to be much easier to get the tourist visa for single women. A friend of ours in her 30's with a boyfriend here in the US (they are preparing for the K-1 process) decided to try for a tourist visa. She prepared all documents and received an invitation letter from my wife. She had her interview Dec 8th which was quick and painless and successful. She spent the last couple of days with us and left yesterday to spend the rest of the holidays with her soon to be fiance.

I do, however, have my doubts about about this social.

Here is the thing, I don't doubt that if you go in well prepared, that you stand a better chance of getting a tourist visa approved for a lady. That is one lady though. The way this is being presented is that it is 50-75 women. That I have my doubts about. Anyway, we shall see what information Monday brings. Should be interesting because if it is easier to bring a lady over for a week or so, I will be getting the woman I am seeing in Ukraine one. :-)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there's been a shift in policy in the last year or so for young single women (from Russia) and tourist visas. A few years back, there was no question - it would be denied no matter what. Now, seems like just about anyone can get a visa provided they complete the necessary application steps.

As for whether or not the girls in the OP are coming to America simply for a "social" I highly doubt it. I'm sure they applied for something else. It could be the only real reason they're coming here but I guarantee it's not the "official" reason.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Let's assume for argument purposes, that a social is planned for American men to meet Russian women in America. Does it really matter how they got here. If they are already here, then its just like so many other dating services except it's geared to Russian women. If they are not here illegally, then its a great opportunity for American men to meet Russian women. How many of you would not tell your unmarried buddies about this?

I'm waiting for Brandon TX to report back on what his friend has to say. I would be interested in knowing where and when it is, so I can tell some buddies.

Filed: Timeline

Well, the one I spoke about earlier was, if memory serves, $1,800. This was for 2 days, and did not cover lodging or air fare. They justified the expense by saying that it was free for the women, and they had to pay their travel arrangements and lodging. So if you don't actually live in norcal, I think the trip could cost you $2,300 to $2,800 or more. Which is pretty close to a trip to Russia. I guess it's worth it if you really don't want to see Russia, but for me, being in her country and everything that entails would be the better experience for my money.

Well, the one I spoke about earlier was, if memory serves, $1,800. This was for 2 days, and did not cover lodging or air fare. They justified the expense by saying that it was free for the women, and they had to pay their travel arrangements and lodging. So if you don't actually live in norcal, I think the trip could cost you $2,300 to $2,800 or more. Which is pretty close to a trip to Russia. I guess it's worth it if you really don't want to see Russia, but for me, being in her country and everything that entails would be the better experience for my money.

There you go! If you are going that route, why not get the entire experience? :devil:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

There you go! If you are going that route, why not get the entire experience? :devil:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I agree, for a few dollars more than this, one could be amongst hundreds of lovely, eligible ladies. If that is the cost, then the promoters think of their service a little too highly. For much less you could wait outside of the event and talk to women as they leave. Maybe even visit a translation site and prepare a sign, "Eligible Russian speaking women, sign up here for later contacts by American men". You would probably have a long line then. :thumbs:

So, where is Brandon TX with the information from his friend?

:bonk:

Let's assume for argument purposes, that a social is planned for American men to meet Russian women in America. Does it really matter how they got here. If they are already here, then its just like so many other dating services except it's geared to Russian women. If they are not here illegally, then its a great opportunity for American men to meet Russian women. How many of you would not tell your unmarried buddies about this?

There is no "Russian girl social event" visa that I'm aware of. But yeah, I'd tell my buddies anyway. (And I'd probably offer to go as "wingman/translator.")

I guess it's worth it if you really don't want to see Russia,

Or if you don't have a passport or aren't interested (or too old) to travel.

Maybe even visit a translation site and prepare a sign, "Eligible Russian speaking women, sign up here for later contacts by American men". You would probably have a long line then. :thumbs:

Now that is GENIUS!!! I'm going to advise any and all buddies heading over that way to set up a "profile maker" service with photos and everything. It would be pretty easy - just walk around with the sign and ask the girls if they'd like to be added to your "service" (you could probably even charge them if you wanted.) Just a quick questionnaire, a digital photo or two, and voila! you've got all the girls profiles you'd ever need!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If this story is true, I suspect the women involved are more interested in the free trip to america, more so then meeting "eligible" american bachelors at a "social". Of course, you may get "lucky".

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

If this story is true, I suspect the women involved are more interested in the free trip to america, more so then meeting "eligible" american bachelors at a "social". Of course, you may get "lucky".

Yeah, there's absolutely NO WAY I'd go to Russia just to meet a bunch of single women. NO WAY! The free trip would be nice though. Free trip to meet single women.... FOOO!

Русский форум член.

Yeah, there's absolutely NO WAY I'd go to Russia just to meet a bunch of single women. NO WAY! The free trip would be nice though. Free trip to meet single women.... FOOO!

You forgot Blat!

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

... I would accept a free expenses paid trip to Tahiti to meet 600lb disiesed infested women in search of a husband. Kinda like some girl in Russia would accept a free trip to California (OH WOW HOLLYWOOD!!) and be forced to mingle with american single men. What is your point?

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

... I would accept a free expenses paid trip to Tahiti to meet 600lb disiesed infested women in search of a husband. Kinda like some girl in Russia would accept a free trip to California (OH WOW HOLLYWOOD!!) and be forced to mingle with american single men. What is your point?

California (and the rest of the U.S.) doesn't carry the pull it once did as being an exotic location. And the secret's out, American husbands aren't the richest and best like they once were. I just don't think women are "so" into doing anything they can to get to the U.S. like they were, say, five years ago. Sure, they still want to come here but now I believe it's more of a "looking for true love" type scenario than a "gotta get the green card."

Русский форум член.

Timeline

California (and the rest of the U.S.) doesn't carry the pull it once did as being an exotic location. And the secret's out, American husbands aren't the richest and best like they once were. I just don't think women are "so" into doing anything they can to get to the U.S. like they were, say, five years ago. Sure, they still want to come here but now I believe it's more of a "looking for true love" type scenario than a "gotta get the green card."

I agree with what you are saying, but I think you are wrong with the result. Now what you have is the very good looking and educated, yet unscrupulous, women looking for ways to take advantage of the guys who are "left" looking for a "Russian bride". They are the ones who will be jumping all over this.

Take the trip and the money, shake your booty in front of some guys, say good night and good bye, go party with the other girls, then go home and forget all the guys ever existed. Easy vacation I would think.

Sure, there are plenty of girls still interested in true love and all that, but they are not the young, extremly attractive, never married, never had any kids sort of Russian woman. I don't know the politically correct way of saying this, but you can find that anywhere else in the world, why spend all your money on Russia, and/or paying to fly Russian women into the US?

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.