one...two...tree

Dick Cheney Calls 9/11 the "Highest Moment" of the Last Eight Years

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The high point for Cheney has got to be his taking the office of the VP out of the executive branch. Not many VPs make such fundamental changes in the structure of the US government. The guy is just too humble. But then, living in some undisclosed location or bunker or both for years might do that to a man.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On Fox News yesterday, Chris Wallace asked ####### Cheney to identify the "highest moment" of the last eight years. It wasn't a trick question.

Cheney pondered this for a few moments before answering, "Well, I think the most important, the most compelling, was 9/11 itself, and what that entailed, what we had to deal with."

Wallace followed up by noting that the highest moment was also the lowest, which Cheney was quick to agree with.

Now, to be fair, Cheney didn't exactly say that terrorist attacks that killed 3,000 Americans was the "highest moment" of the Bush presidency; he instead changed the question a bit to make 9/11 the "most important" moment.

But it was still rather odd. Jed noted, "t tells you something about the darkness of Cheney's mind that this was the first thing to come to his mind when looking for bright spots over the past eight years was 9/11."

Chaney really is a ####### isn't he? :lol:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

The true Highest Moment of the last 8 years will be when the change of administration officially takes place.

The converse is probably true for the incoming Obama administration. Obama won't live up to the hype as the "new Lincoln-JFK-FDR-Reagan-MLK". I've heard all those comparisons and more to a man who has no accomplishments and the minimal qualifications.

No matter. We'll get the usual responses how other posters don't believe Obama is the Messiah but how Bush is the worst president ever. It's all very black and white (no pun intended). Ironically, I think Obama will make Bush look better as Obama comes down to earth and has to deal with reality. As I've said before, Bush was supposed to the dumbest guy around but Obama seems to be following most of his policies so far.

One poster had it right with the signature cartoon with Bush wins 51% of the vote=nation divided and Obama wins with 52%=nation united. Expect good press for Obama unless it's the end of the world but Bush will get most of the blame for that, too.

I must have missed something in your posting. I had no problem listing some of #######'s magic moments. I doubt if my list is exhaustive. Yet, I can't seem to find even one that you have listed.

Instead, all I see is an echoing of Rush's and Bill's for-profit comedy routines. Apparently, no one has told you that they make a fabulous living creating rhetorical nonsense, and it's not to be taken as news. Obama the Messiah...following Bush's policies? I got a chuckle out of that.

By the way, sometimes cartoons are not the best thing to support a point you are trying to make. For example, have you checked out the upcoming GOP head count in the Senate? The House? The governorships? The GOP has now lost two straight elections...badly. Maybe you would feel more comfortable calling it a "sweeping" change rather than "nation united".

I can understand why you simply don't want to talk about the last eight years. Pain is never fun. We all witnessed what happened when the guys in charge were "accomplished" and "qualified".

Now...I'll stay tuned for your list of #######'s high points.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
One poster had it right with the signature cartoon with Bush wins 51% of the vote=nation divided and Obama wins with 52%=nation united. Expect good press for Obama unless it's the end of the world but Bush will get most of the blame for that, too.

Amazing what a difference 1% makes, eh?

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Anyone who thinks anything Bush has done has contributed to there being no further 9/11 like attacks is delusional. It's a nice easy claim to make though...

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Timeline
Precisely, deluding the US public should be a little harder than this.

Just sling around the word 'evildoer' a lot. It works.

For a while at least.

The true Highest Moment of the last 8 years will be when the change of administration officially takes place.

:dance:

Less than 72 hours to go!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I must have missed something in your posting. I had no problem listing some of #######'s magic moments. I doubt if my list is exhaustive. Yet, I can't seem to find even one that you have listed.

VPs don't do much independent of the president so you'd have a hard time finding a list for say, Gore.

Obama the Messiah...following Bush's policies? I got a chuckle out of that.

Could you list how Obama's plans differ from Bush's? Following the Bush playbook on more money stimuli for the economy, continued wars, lack of transperancy. . .

By the way, sometimes cartoons are not the best thing to support a point you are trying to make. For example, have you checked out the upcoming GOP head count in the Senate? The House? The governorships? The GOP has now lost two straight elections...badly. Maybe you would feel more comfortable calling it a "sweeping" change rather than "nation united".

You forgot to add there was no change in control of Congress has been dominated by the Democrats since 2006 so there was no sweeping change. More likely the Dems will lose most of the gains in 2010 elections- happens most of the time.

I doubt Biden will have any high points given the nature of being a VP.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

VPs don't do much independent of the president so you'd have a hard time finding a list for say, Gore.

Obama the Messiah...following Bush's policies? I got a chuckle out of that.

Could you list how Obama's plans differ from Bush's? Following the Bush playbook on more money stimuli for the economy, continued wars, lack of transperancy. . .

You forgot to add there was no change in control of Congress has been dominated by the Democrats since 2006 so there was no sweeping change. More likely the Dems will lose most of the gains in 2010 elections- happens most of the time.

I doubt Biden will have any high points given the nature of being a VP.

1. Where have you been for the past eight years? ####### Cheney was all over the news. I had no trouble pulling some of his magic moments off the top of my head. Who cares about Al Gore? He's just another guy I didn't vote for. Besides, the original posting wasn't about Al Gore, nor any other Vice President. It was all about #######. He certainly was an active Vice President. You would have a hard time convincing even a staunch conservative that ####### Cheney was George Bush's dupe. Can't you even think of one high point?

2. Obama is following Bush's playbook? That one is a real hoot. Nobody wants the playbook from a losing team. And, I am not going to do your homework for you. You need to come up with your own list. Even the three examples you listed are ridiculous. You never even bothered to explain how those three policies were the same. Does Bush support Obama's proposed spending on infrastructure? Does he support a bailout of GM and Chrysler? Does Bush support more spending on job training and employment insurance? Does he support tighter regulations of any industry whatsoever? The policy list goes on and on...

Continued wars? In case you hadn't noticed, the Bush Administration started two wars. You know...the two wars that Obama is now stuck with. Starting two wars was the Bush Administration policy. Are you saying that Obama is going to start two more wars? Didn't you even notice the vast difference between Bush and Obama regarding the use of diplomacy? Have you ever heard Obama demonize countries like the neocons do with their "axis of evil" pap? How about the policy differences on Guantanamo, torture, extraordinary rendition, and due process of the law? The list goes on and on...

Lack of transparency? What lack of transparency? Obama isn't even President yet, so how do you explain his soon-to-be administration's lack of transparency? On the other hand, the Bush Administration's secrecy and lack of transparency is legendary by any measure. How about #######'s secret energy policy meetings? How about his refusal to turn over his email to the National Archives when he leaves office? How about this administration's refusal to testify before Congress by claiming executive privilege for everyone from the President to the janitor? The list goes on and on...

3. I see that you still don't want to talk about the sweeping changes that occurred at the polls in 2006 and 2008. Not just in Congress...but all the way down the line. When is the last time that you recall the US Senate being so dominated by one party? How about the House? How about both at the same time? The GOP's tent is shrinking fast...at all levels. I really don't blame you for glossing over your current reality and, instead, looking for some kind of hope for the next election. Pain is never easy.

4. Back to the original posting...I'm still waiting for your list of #######'s best tricks.......