Courtney08

What is the stupidest thing you have heard because your with a MENA SO ?

183 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
OMG lisa :rofl:

My mother bought me a copy of that movie "not without my daughter" after I came home from the sandbox

Nawal, we all have blonde moments HEHE its when you start having them ALL THE TIME that you should worry.

I happen to love that picture of me with his hand on my head it makes me smile, I said right before he took it "this is so ghay" :lol:

Lisa, I almost forgot all about that! Thank god my immediate family is not that way but I do have some coworkers and distant (thank god) family that are. Immediately think of the bad without thought to good things. :blink:

Courtney I adore that pic of you too! I think its sweet and yes Ghay in love stuff we do! Is that Aqaba? I love it there! My cousins have a hotel there. It's a dive! :P

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Topic moved since it is not K3 related

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Aren't you afraid they will kidnap you and cut off your head? :blink:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I remember telling a patient of mine I went to the Holy Land, and he replied, " You went to Italy." I was like huh?? He's long since passed, but everytime I think about that it makes me chuckle.

Back in the day here cuz i'm an oldie I made a thread about "Not without my Daughter" we omitted the daughter part and added whatever we wanted to get a laugh.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
well, for anyone that recommends u that movie, u can recommend zeitgeist. u might watch it too. is up on google movies. I think it has been banned in american theatres, but i might be wrong on that one. doesnt present only one subject, goes through all kind of world "fevers". arabic/terrorism-phobia is one of them. and is nicely elaborated.

enjoy life,

Andreea

Lookin it up as soon as i am done replying. Sounds very interesting thank you for the recomendation

OMG lisa :rofl:

My mother bought me a copy of that movie "not without my daughter" after I came home from the sandbox.

Nawal, we all have blonde moments HEHE its when you start having them ALL THE TIME that you should worry.

I happen to love that picture of me with his hand on my head it makes me smile, I said right before he took it "this is so ghay" :lol:

Lisa, I almost forgot all about that! Thank god my immediate family is not that way but I do have some coworkers and distant (thank god) family that are. Immediately think of the bad without thought to good things. :blink:

Courtney I adore that pic of you too! I think its sweet and yes Ghay in love stuff we do! Is that Aqaba? I love it there! My cousins have a hotel there. It's a dive! :P

Yes it is Aqaba, the movenpick. Hey a dive is still a hotel. You dont have to stay in the room there is shopping the beach ect......

Aren't you afraid they will kidnap you and cut off your head? :blink:

Heheheh :devil: thats all i do , evil laugh when they say things like that

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think WE ALL have the same people asking the same questions!! This is just the craziest topic coz it's soooooo very true!!! I've had people ask me how "my tent" was....how were the camels....stupid, stupid, stupid, ignorant people!! They couldn't believe it when I told them Egyptians ACTUALLY have silverware, glasses, cups, bathrooms, malls and the best one....a freeway system, but really gotta watch the camels... :lol:

Are you sure you REALLY want to marry an Egyptian...like he's from Mars! Please God save me from stupid and ignorant people.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Of course the one and only "he is using you for a GC and will leave you once he gets here and bring a new wife from his country". 10 yr GC and 2 years later what is he hanging around for? :rofl:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

This one happened to me " he is actually just after your money"

07/07 Received a 5 years F-1 Visa in Casablanca Embassy

06/21/08 I got married to my lovely wife

10/07/08 AoS mailed!!!

12/07/08 AoS Received in Chicago Office

10/16/08 Received NOA and the money order got cashed

11/06/08 Biometrics Appointement

11/06/08 Biometrics Done

02/05/2009 Received interview letter

20/12/2008 EAD & AP approved

24/12/2008 EAD approved again( :oO)

02/25/2009 GC Approved

03/02/2009 GC received

01/05/2011 I-751 Mailed.

01/10/2011 Check got Cashed.

03/08/2011 Hell Ya I got approved ( Thanks to WM Tom Langford)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Yes, I've been told to watch Not Without My Daughter too...by my own family! They are convinced he will isolate me from my family and friends and abuse me. And someone at work said "how do you know he's not a terrorist?" LOL. And of course they all say don't go to Iran! And then I got, oh he's Persian? So he's from Persia?

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Yes, I've been told to watch Not Without My Daughter too...by my own family! They are convinced he will isolate me from my family and friends and abuse me. And someone at work said "how do you know he's not a terrorist?" LOL. And of course they all say don't go to Iran! And then I got, oh he's Persian? So he's from Persia?

LOL killing me why do these people even speak, but this is half of my fun everyday if feilding questions that are completely crazy.

hehe so hes frm persia right and not Iran ? :whistle:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

LOL killing me why do these people even speak, but this is half of my fun everyday if feilding questions that are completely crazy.

hehe so hes frm persia right and not Iran ? :whistle:

LOL :lol:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Are you gonna have to start wearing that thing on your head?

This one is my personal favorite

:lol: :lol:

i got the variant of this: Is he going to make you wear that thing on your head? :blink:

while i was here waiting for my husband to get his visa, i heard a lot of ill ####### from family and so-called friends, usually about terrorism. but i also got the: Well, what if his family kidnaps you and keeps you there and doesn't let you come home?

and then i had a former friend constantly asking: So how's Mahmoud? How's Mahmoud, whatever his name is...?

my husband's name is not Mahmoud.

it gets me mad just remembering it.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
Well M4E, don't you know what he's waiting for? For his future bride from overseas to reach 18! :lol:

Because as you know: Don't they marry children there? :devil: 'LOL:

I'm on a roll. I have to think of more silly ones. :P

OMG you are on one! :rofl:

My ex told my kids (before he got here) that he had many wives all over the US, and we were all sending him money, and that he had too good of a thing there to come here. He sure messed up a good thing, now he has no women sending money and he is working has A$$ off....sucka!

Well M4E, don't you know what he's waiting for? For his future bride from overseas to reach 18! :lol:

Because as you know: Don't they marry children there? :devil: 'LOL:

I'm on a roll. I have to think of more silly ones. :P

Nawal, your babies are about the cutest kids ever. Mini Santas! squeeeeee!

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.