Dr. A ♥ O

3 major cables cut in Mediterranean; Internet, phone traffic disrupted

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The article says yes but they made some kind of patch through the USA? I am unsure. I haven't heard from Waleed one bit which is unusal since he got his blackberry style cell phone where he can chat with me and check in on me several times a day. I'm just afraid that we won't be able to visit before he gets shipped off to his new base. Orders are to have him moved the day before our second wedding anniversary. :crying: It the worse base too somewhere in Sinai and it's where he said he would remain until the end of April when he is released. So I may not get to talk to him again unless he's on his break until April. He says he doesn't think they have cell phone service there. There is no running water. No electricity. How does a Doctor practice medicine out there?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
The article says yes but they made some kind of patch through the USA? I am unsure. I haven't heard from Waleed one bit which is unusal since he got his blackberry style cell phone where he can chat with me and check in on me several times a day. I'm just afraid that we won't be able to visit before he gets shipped off to his new base. Orders are to have him moved the day before our second wedding anniversary. :crying: It the worse base too somewhere in Sinai and it's where he said he would remain until the end of April when he is released. So I may not get to talk to him again unless he's on his break until April. He says he doesn't think they have cell phone service there. There is no running water. No electricity. How does a Doctor practice medicine out there?

he will be so lucky if he will remember anything about medicine after he finish his service LOL

i think you forgot something no running water and they give you water with worms ...no food... no elec ........

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

he will be so lucky if he will remember anything about medicine after he finish his service LOL

i think you forgot something no running water and they give you water with worms ...no food... no elec ........

HG, stop that, please. Olivia's already traumatized enough; she doesn't need to hear that kind of thing.

Losing water and losing electricity is a fact of life in Egypt for anybody. It happens all of the time. As for water with worms, no electricity, it's not true.

The internet is better today than it was yesterday. It's still running slower than it was before the cable problem, though.

Timeline

HG, stop that, please. Olivia's already traumatized enough; she doesn't need to hear that kind of thing.

Losing water and losing electricity is a fact of life in Egypt for anybody. It happens all of the time. As for water with worms, no electricity, it's not true.

The internet is better today than it was yesterday. It's still running slower than it was before the cable problem, though.

i never ever tried to make her upset she is so good girl and i think we r friends .

I'm so sorry . i hope that everything will be ok with her .

i was just trying to make her laugh.

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

i never ever tried to make her upset she is so good girl and i think we r friends .

Hey HG don't worry about it. You're not upsetting me. I am assuming you already served in the Egyptian Military if you're applying for immigrtion now so I am curious. Why do you say the water has worms? Did you experience that? Where you were was there no electricity too? This base Waleed is being transfered too is like his final punishment. It's known as the worst base in all of Egypt because of the lack of running water and electricity and living conditions in the middle of no mans land. He hasn't been there yet and is revolting at the idea of going but go he must.

Thank you for your concern. I will be ok. It's Waleed I feel sorry for being forced to do this.

However, it looks like the cables in Egypt have found a patch solution in the meantime although we are already assuming at this new base he may not be able to have much communication with me. It would go back to the time before he had his blackberry style phone. Hopefully though the phone works there somehow.

Though Waleed was commenting to me that the base he is at now they are living in tents in the desert and in one of the tents there is an old TV. And on this old TV they only pick up 3-4 government channels. Which tells me the government is still on the analog system in some parts of the desert, but they were able to broadcast "Desperate Housewives". I had to laugh when I heard that. They were also able to watch the election coverage on Obama's election. We watched his acceptance speech together. I'll never forget that. Technology is rather amazing.

He's also told me that they don't have working equipment a lot of the time. Like their ambulances and cars and tanks are from the Russians in the 1960's and 1970's. I don't know if that is true because where does the money go when the US has given Egypt billions of dollars to patrol and protect it's Northeastern boarder.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Hey HG don't worry about it. You're not upsetting me. I am assuming you already served in the Egyptian Military if you're applying for immigrtion now so I am curious. Why do you say the water has worms? Did you experience that? Where you were was there no electricity too? This base Waleed is being transfered too is like his final punishment. It's known as the worst base in all of Egypt because of the lack of running water and electricity and living conditions in the middle of no mans land. He hasn't been there yet and is revolting at the idea of going but go he must.

Thank you for your concern. I will be ok. It's Waleed I feel sorry for being forced to do this.

However, it looks like the cables in Egypt have found a patch solution in the meantime although we are already assuming at this new base he may not be able to have much communication with me. It would go back to the time before he had his blackberry style phone. Hopefully though the phone works there somehow.

Though Waleed was commenting to me that the base he is at now they are living in tents in the desert and in one of the tents there is an old TV. And on this old TV they only pick up 3-4 government channels. Which tells me the government is still on the analog system in some parts of the desert, but they were able to broadcast "Desperate Housewives". I had to laugh when I heard that. They were also able to watch the election coverage on Obama's election. We watched his acceptance speech together. I'll never forget that. Technology is rather amazing.

He's also told me that they don't have working equipment a lot of the time. Like their ambulances and cars and tanks are from the Russians in the 1960's and 1970's. I don't know if that is true because where does the money go when the US has given Egypt billions of dollars to patrol and protect it's Northeastern boarder.

First off I'm sorry again if i upset you Olivia .

no i didn't serve . remember i told you that i will not go to the army and i will just pay them the fee i told you to say that to walled remember but i guess it was so late cause he was already gave them his papers .

about if i experience that . well my brother served in the worst base in Egypt he was serving in a base on the borders between Egypt and Libya all they guys who served know that bad base.

tell me tell you that he was crying and saying that the water has worms ( kinda so small red worms) no Elec no food and i was like c'mon man and i thought he was lying on me and he was like ok next time i will bring you some of that water and he did .

thats why i didn't go to the army and i will just pay them the fee

Good luck Olivia and i'm sorry again if i hurt you

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

First off I'm sorry again if i upset you Olivia .

no i didn't serve . remember i told you that i will not go to the army and i will just pay them the fee i told you to say that to walled remember but i guess it was so late cause he was already gave them his papers .

about if i experience that . well my brother served in the worst base in Egypt he was serving in a base on the borders between Egypt and Libya all they guys who served know that bad base.

tell me tell you that he was crying and saying that the water has worms ( kinda so small red worms) no Elec no food and i was like c'mon man and i thought he was lying on me and he was like ok next time i will bring you some of that water and he did .

thats why i didn't go to the army and i will just pay them the fee

Good luck Olivia and i'm sorry again if i hurt you

HG again you never upset or hurt me. It was ihavequestions that implied that. Anyways I worked 8 years at a hospital I've seen a lot of things. Worms in water wouldn't surprise me though I have never heard of red worms in water but I don't doubt it. 90% of the earths population gets some form of parasite at one time or another in their lives. And I know many other useless and frightening facts when nobody cares to listen. People don't seem to want to face reality. But whatever. I understand everyone is having their own struggle and we don't know what all of them are going threw. I am sure I don't know half the horrible circumstances Waleed is having to endure but from the stories I've seen and the YouTube videos I can imagine. He will make it out ok. He is so brave and strong and intelligent.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.