girl 37

Just curious KimandRuss..

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Money problems are not a good excuse?

If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Plain and simple.

Money problems need to be sorted out before you get married.

If you can't afford it, then you don't have a right to get an alien fiance here and marry her and subject her to this uncertainity about her future here.

It seems plain and simple to you because you are not out of status, illegal and in jail right now.

What could have been more important than to make sure that your wife had a legal status in this country?

You've got to be kidding me.

First, quote my entire statement, not just the opening sentence.

Listen, my wife had an approved VISA in hand, and our return airline tickets were already paid for. It was a two weeks AFTER we recieved our Visa that I discovered I had lost my job back in the states, while I was still in the Philippines.

What was I to do? Return back home by myself, and leave her in the Philippines? Just throw away the money I spent on her airline ticket, as well, perhaps?

We did what ANYONE would have done in that situation--we wanted to be together and we took a chance. Why? I had no idea that my company would mess me over for 3 weeks of my pay. I was on salary, and they should have paid me those three weeks, but they found a loop hole and didn't. Then it was 2 weeks + before I received my first paycheck at my new job after arriving back to the US. Everything completely unexpected.

Fact is I COULD afford it before, but when you're without income for 5 weeks, while paying for TWO residences at the same time, you can go broke fast.

I was still having to pay the bills back at my former apartment, while working in another city 4-5 hours away, and paying for the cost to live there at the same time while shopping for a new home. I could not break my lease until I could prove I had a new address--at least not without a major penalty.

Of course, I'm sure you would have done something miraculously different had the same thing happened to you.

It's easy for some of you to look down on me when you're on the outside looking in.

What happened to us, didn't happen to you, and obviously there's no way you could understand that unless you went through it.

We simply did NOT have any money. After bills were paid, I was "profiting" about $170 in the positive--usually depending on how high our light bill and groceries were. Try saving up $1010 off a $170 monthly profit. Took me 6 months, and then I went through surgery, and lost it again. It would be December before I could save up for it again. We were really cutting it close this year thanks to unforseen circumstances.

As for the children, and private school, they were already in private school prior to any of this happening. I was going to be forced to pay for the private school until the end of the school term whether they went or not, so it would have made no difference whether or not they went to public at that point. The re-enrollment mattered, however, and I put them in public school at that point.

Sorry if something I said upset you, DanielParul, but I'm simply stating facts of our life.

Edited by Valsu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you can't afford it, then you don't have a right to get an alien fiance here and marry her and subject her to this uncertainity about her future here.

It seems plain and simple to you because you are not out of status, illegal and in jail right now.

What could have been more important than to make sure that your wife had a legal status in this country?

Listen, my wife had an approved VISA in hand, and our return airline tickets were already paid for. It was a two weeks AFTER we recieved our Visa that I discovered I had lost my job back in the states, while I was still in the Philippines.

What was I to do? Return back home by myself, and leave her in the Philippines? Just throw away the money I spent on her airline ticket, as well, perhaps?

We did what ANYONE would have done in that situation--we wanted to be together and we took a chance.

Fact is I COULD afford it before, but when you're without income for 5 weeks, while paying for TWO residences at the same time, you can go broke fast.

I was still having to pay the bills back at my former apartment, while working in another city 4-5 hours away, and paying for the cost to live there at the same time while shopping for a new home. I could not break my lease until I could prove I had a new address--at least not without a major penalty.

Of course, I'm sure you would have done something miraculously different had the same thing happened to you.

It's easy for some of you to look down on me when you're on the outside looking in.

What happened to us, didn't happen to you, and obviously there's no way you could understand that unless you went through it.

We simply did NOT have any money. After bills were paid, I was "profiting" about $170 in the positive--usually depending on how high our light bill and groceries were. Try saving up $1010 off a $170 monthly profit. Took me 6 months, and then I went through surgery, and lost it again. It would be December before I could save up for it again. We were really cutting it close this year thanks to unforseen circumstances.

As for the children, and private school, they were already in private school prior to any of this happening. I was going to be forced to pay for the private school until the end of the school term whether they went or not, so it would have made no difference whether or not they went to public at that point. The re-enrollment mattered, however, and I put them in public school at that point.

Sorry if something I said upset you, DanielParul, but I'm simply stating facts of our life.

Im just gonna jump in here.. you guys can scold me later.

I agree that your "affairs" should be in order before getting married and bringing an alien to this country who is soley dependent upon you for a time. BUT, things do happen..it doesnt sound like this guy purposfully let his wife get out of status. It sounds like life happend and he did the best he could. In some instances.."trimming the budget" or adjusting your lifestyle isnt enough and not everone has someone they can go ask for a loan or handout.

Just my two cents

is it horribley unfair that she was detained..hell ya! was it intentional or avoidable...doesnt sound like it to me

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We did what ANYONE would have done in that situation--we wanted to be together and we took a chance. Why? I had no idea that my company would mess me over for 3 weeks of my pay. I was on salary, and they should have paid me those three weeks, but they found a loop hole and didn't. Then it was 2 weeks + before I received my first paycheck at my new job after arriving back to the US. Everything completely unexpected.

So now what? She's in jail because of you not filing AOS. What is your plan to either get her out and file AOS, or buy her a plane ticket back home? This girl is in jail because of YOU. You at least have the responsibility to get her home at a bare minimum. Before you say it's not your fault, we can re-hash the recordings from your mom etc.

As for the the facts of your life, she is in jail. You are a free man. You should walk down to the nearest corner with a sign that say's "Will work for AOS." I think people might be getting upset because this girl that you brought to the U.S. is now in jail because you didn't fulfill your commitment to her for whatever reason.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
So now what? She's in jail because of you not filing AOS. What is your plan to either get her out and file AOS, or buy her a plane ticket back home? This girl is in jail because of YOU. You at least have the responsibility to get her home at a bare minimum. Before you say it's not your fault, we can re-hash the recordings from your mom etc.

As for the the facts of your life, she is in jail. You are a free man. You should walk down to the nearest corner with a sign that say's "Will work for AOS." I think people might be getting upset because this girl that you brought to the U.S. is now in jail because you didn't fulfill your commitment to her for whatever reason.

You know, what happened, happened. It has nothing to do with casting blame at anyone. What would that solve?

Both of us have suffered, and both of us have made mistakes--both small and great. We have, however, worked our problems out--which is more than most couples can say who've endured similar situations.

Obviously after discovering the consequences, there are some things I now know I would have done differently. Most people refer to this as hindsight. You cannot change your past, but you can correct, learn and recover from it.

I would trade places with her any moment. You think I want her to be in there?

Fact is, she's in there, and I will do anything to get her out of that situation.

Also, what do you mean by your "sign" idea? I've already filed her AOS.

Just so you know, according to the border patrol officer, it doesn't matter if she'd had filed for her status or not. She'd still been arrested and placed in jail for traveling with expired or improper documents, or the lack thereof. The difference is that she can get out of the jail and trial sooner by proving she's applied for AOS. You can have a green card even, but not have it in your possession, and still be arrested.

A turn of events can cause anything to happen. Let me give you an analogy.

If a star quarterback falls down a flight of stairs and breaks his legs--chances are he will sit out the season. Now, when his team loses in the playoffs, does it make it the star quarterback's fault because he was injured and could not play?

Well, perhaps he should have hired a better doctor, and recovered quicker! Perhaps he shouldn't have visited the building he fell in that night? Maybe he shouldn't have gotten out of bed that day, so he could ensure his safety for the team's sake? Maybe he should have tried to play in his wheelchair?

Maybe it's his coach's fault for not finding another quarterback as good as him? Maybe his team lost their confidence due to his injury and they didn't play at their best?

You know, the blame could go on and on. Fact is, the star quarterback could not do anything to help his team while crippled, and nothing he could do could change the fact that he was temporarily crippled. Exactly the same as the financial crisis I suffered, which few of you seem to care about. The fact is I "could not" file her status because of financial restraints beyond my control. Blame whatever and whoever you want. What happened, happened, and now we're working on a solution to the current dilemna.

If I could have discovered a financially stable method of obtaining that extra cash to file for her, I would have done so the day after we married. There were no reasons restraining me other than financial.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You know, what happened, happened. It has nothing to do with casting blame at anyone. What would that solve?

Both of us have suffered, and both of us have made mistakes--both small and great. We have, however, worked our problems out--which is more than most couples can say who've endured similar situations.

Obviously after discovering the consequences, there are some things I now know I would have done differently. Most people refer to this as hindsight. You cannot change your past, but you can correct, learn and recover from it.

I would trade places with her any moment. You think I want her to be in there?

Fact is, she's in there, and I will do anything to get her out of that situation.

Also, what do you mean by your "sign" idea? I've already filed her AOS.

Just so you know, according to the border patrol officer, it doesn't matter if she'd had filed for her status or not. She'd still been arrested and placed in jail for traveling with expired or improper documents, or the lack thereof. The difference is that she can get out of the jail and trial sooner by proving she's applied for AOS. You can have a green card even, but not have it in your possession, and still be arrested.

A turn of events can cause anything to happen. Let me give you an analogy.

If a star quarterback falls down a flight of stairs and breaks his legs--chances are he will sit out the season. Now, when his team loses in the playoffs, does it make it the star quarterback's fault because he was injured and could not play?

Well, perhaps he should have hired a better doctor, and recovered quicker! Perhaps he shouldn't have visited the building he fell in that night? Maybe he shouldn't have gotten out of bed that day, so he could ensure his safety for the team's sake? Maybe he should have tried to play in his wheelchair?

Maybe it's his coach's fault for not finding another quarterback as good as him? Maybe his team lost their confidence due to his injury and they didn't play at their best?

You know, the blame could go on and on. Fact is, the star quarterback could not do anything to help his team while crippled, and nothing he could do could change the fact that he was temporarily crippled. Exactly the same as the financial crisis I suffered, which few of you seem to care about. The fact is I "could not" file her status because of financial restraints beyond my control. Blame whatever and whoever you want. What happened, happened, and now we're working on a solution to the current dilemna.

If I could have discovered a financially stable method of obtaining that extra cash to file for her, I would have done so the day after we married. There were no reasons restraining me other than financial.

If the Quarterback made choices like drinking a bottle of whiskey before he navigated those stairs, then he get's what he deserved. Or closer to your case, if his wife hit him in the knee with a baseball bat, and then pushed him down the stairs. My point is, your wife didn't magically end up in jail. Things prior to that caused her to be there. If she had a document stating that she applied for AOS, she would not be there. YOU are the reason she is there. I hope there is something on those tapes you promote that say's something about contrition and apologies.

Man up and admit she is in jail because of you. Make it right with her. I'm sure you already know this. I honestly hope this works out. Not so much for you, but for her. I'm not an A$$, but your hindsight excuse falls flat.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

OP,

I suggest you get on with the necessary processes and cease this banter fest. This thread is no longer productive for you or your wife.

A simple PM will end it.

At the end of the day, resolution of this matter is most important, as opposed to you constantly defending your position. Up to you Bro.

I thought that you mentioned something about getting a well paid job; where you turned the company around? (in your first thread) I have not gone back to the thread but it does ring a bell?

OP,

I suggest you get on with the necessary processes and cease this banter fest. This thread is no longer productive for you or your wife.

A simple PM will end it.

At the end of the day, resolution of this matter is most important, as opposed to you constantly defending your position. Up to you Bro.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Other Timeline

I believe the thread was begun not to have more discussions with or about Valsu, but about what we read on VJ as 'advice'.

So far as that goes, readers should always remember (when learning or researching any topic) that verification of advice involves going to several sources for confirmation. There are many websites on the internet that discuss immigration. USCIS maintains a website. Attorneys and law firms maintain websites.

One is foolish if they rely on a single source for knowledge.

As far as the 'turn' of this thread, I feel it serves no purpose to continue to debate Valsu and his choices. He's got a story to tell and that always involves the tellers perceptions. Obviously people disagree with many of them but that isn't going to change his perceptions. Further discussion about what led to his wife's predicament seems fruitless.

IMO what readers should take from the tale is not just about whether adjustment should be filed within 90 days, or who gave advice about what. If we read carefully it seems the crux of the issue is whether or not the immigrant can prove their status to authorities. Valsu's wife may have found herself in a similar situation had she been a legal resident but not carried her greencard with her, which is another topic that gets debated all the time around here but for which there is clear evidence there should be no debate.

I don't understand how people can travel this system, dotting all their I's and crossing all their T's to get their loved one to the States, and then somehow once that loved one arrives, develop some sort of amnesia about the fact that there is real actual law underlying that persons very privilege to be continually present in the US.

OP,

A simple PM will end it.

Disregard...I meant to post in the other thread...

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I believe the thread was begun not to have more discussions with or about Valsu, but about what we read on VJ as 'advice'.

So far as that goes, readers should always remember (when learning or researching any topic) that verification of advice involves going to several sources for confirmation. There are many websites on the internet that discuss immigration. USCIS maintains a website. Attorneys and law firms maintain websites.

One is foolish if they rely on a single source for knowledge.

As far as the 'turn' of this thread, I feel it serves no purpose to continue to debate Valsu and his choices. He's got a story to tell and that always involves the tellers perceptions. Obviously people disagree with many of them but that isn't going to change his perceptions. Further discussion about what led to his wife's predicament seems fruitless.

IMO what readers should take from the tale is not just about whether adjustment should be filed within 90 days, or who gave advice about what. If we read carefully it seems the crux of the issue is whether or not the immigrant can prove their status to authorities. Valsu's wife may have found herself in a similar situation had she been a legal resident but not carried her greencard with her, which is another topic that gets debated all the time around here but for which there is clear evidence there should be no debate.

I don't understand how people can travel this system, dotting all their I's and crossing all their T's to get their loved one to the States, and then somehow once that loved one arrives, develop some sort of amnesia about the fact that there is real actual law underlying that persons very privilege to be continually present in the US.

EXACTLY RJ!!!!!!

Anecdotal "newsgroup" findings are NOT a substitute for what is quite implicitly stated by USCIS itself.

I, like you, RJ am astonished that when it comes to the intial petition, there is no shortage of funds or money for travel to foreign countries, and no delay in filing...but it seems so many times that once the foreign SO is here, some USC's seem to discount the next step of the process as somehow a trivial matter that CAN be delayed--and reach for any source on the stinkernet that supports this.

PLEASE! Newsgroup findings, attorney websites and anecdotal evidence on here at VJ is NO substitute for actual laws and guidelines issued by USCIS or any Govt agency.

Now, I am not picking on Valsu...I think he should have made a priority of maintaining his spouses LEGAL STATUS here, yes...Everyone should- and USCIS is quite clear about that on THEIR website.

...MY point is FOLLOW USCIS rules/law/guidelines...NOT anecdotal statements or experiences of others on the internet or elsewhere! It doesn't matter if someone on here is a newbie/senior member or moderator...they are NOT your attorney and they DO NOT represent you or USCIS.

Do your research, follow through with the WHOLE process on time and maintain your foreign SO's status legally here in the US. As USC's it is OUR responsibility not to mention we promised the Govt such when we initially petitioned.

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I also feel it's extremely irresponsible for a VJ mod to suggest that it's fine not file within the suggested timeframe. Not filing on time is just asking for problems.

Seriously, it might be rude to suggest this, but as a mod I think you've been way out of line in several places in this topic.

i disagree. the op in this story has stated in previous threads they had money problems. suggested timeframes are just that - suggested, not mandatory.

Charles, "money problems" isn't really a good excuse for allowing your foreign-born spouse to be out of status. Persons legally admitted on a K1 but who have not filed for adjustment prior to the expiration of their I94 are, legally, without status. Once adjustment has been filed, they are STILL without a defined status within the code. The pending application, however, does offer them some legal protections.

Over and over again on VJ we read the standard advice that waiting to file is no big deal. This is poor advice and poor advice indeed.

i understand that it isn't considered a good excuse, but things do happen and people may have to put off filing for the aos due to that. and as you pointed out, even after filing they still don't have a defined status (after all, who's gonna run to the grocery store with their aos submission package or noa's as proof just in case they get stopped?). while i understand the need to file for aos asap, i can also understand that things do happen that are unplanned and filing may be put off due to financial hardship.

in no way am i advocating withholding filing of aos as a method of controlling a spouse.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I also feel it's extremely irresponsible for a VJ mod to suggest that it's fine not file within the suggested timeframe. Not filing on time is just asking for problems.

Seriously, it might be rude to suggest this, but as a mod I think you've been way out of line in several places in this topic.

i disagree. the op in this story has stated in previous threads they had money problems. suggested timeframes are just that - suggested, not mandatory.

Charles, "money problems" isn't really a good excuse for allowing your foreign-born spouse to be out of status. Persons legally admitted on a K1 but who have not filed for adjustment prior to the expiration of their I94 are, legally, without status. Once adjustment has been filed, they are STILL without a defined status within the code. The pending application, however, does offer them some legal protections.

Over and over again on VJ we read the standard advice that waiting to file is no big deal. This is poor advice and poor advice indeed.

i understand that it isn't considered a good excuse, but things do happen and people may have to put off filing for the aos due to that. and as you pointed out, even after filing they still don't have a defined status (after all, who's gonna run to the grocery store with their aos submission package?). while i understand the need to file for aos asap, i can also understand that things do happen that are unplanned and filing may be put off due to financial hardship.

in no way am i advocating withholding filing of aos as a method of controlling a spouse.

C, all you need to "run to the grocery store with..." is the NOA showing a package has been received. Mark had a copy of his receipt on him in addition to his EAD, his status was pending and offered him some protection under immigration law..

Of course it shouldn't be a method of controlling a spouse, but it also shouldn't be regarded as something that really can be "put off" if maintaining legal status here in the US and doing things properly according to USCIS policy and statements is important to the couple.

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

i understand that it isn't considered a good excuse, but things do happen and people may have to put off filing for the aos due to that. and as you pointed out, even after filing they still don't have a defined status (after all, who's gonna run to the grocery store with their aos submission package?). while i understand the need to file for aos asap, i can also understand that things do happen that are unplanned and filing may be put off due to financial hardship.

C, all you need to "run to the grocery store with..." is the NOA showing a package has been received. Mark had a copy of his receipt on him in addition to his EAD, his status was pending and offered him some protection under immigration law..

Of course it shouldn't be a method of controlling a spouse, but it also shouldn't be regarded as something that really can be "put off" if maintaining legal status here in the US and doing things properly according to USCIS policy and statements is important to the couple.

:thumbs::thumbs:

I only used Del Rio as an example because my brother is a doctor down there and gets to hear and share all the good stories of events over at the checkpoint (its a small, boring town lol). There are many, many examples of getting through unscathed. I'll even offer one. The couple who set us (my wife and I) up flew over with me last year for our wedding. They were in the "lifting conditions" stage between filing and approval and at the time I think it was taking 9-12 months for those petitions to be processed. <may still be> Well.....guess what? They left their NOA at home, flew overseas with me, and re-entered with her expired green card. I wouldn't interpret their subsequent 2-hour ordeal behind closed doors as just a "gray area of immigration law" just because they (immigration) made an exception to their own policy and allowed her to go ahead and re-enter the country, nor would I offer that example as "they got through so it's optional to carry your proof of status when you travel" either. My friend was a dumba$$ for that actually - we still tease him about that.

VJ is for advice only. Rebecca summarized it nicely. The advice that has been for the most part given is to maintain current status and that advice follows the regulations. The original post implied that there is a higher expectation on the moderators on the site to keep their advice within written, legal, and regulatory grounds.

How many USC VJ members have to carry the new TWIC cards because they work in industry? We have to go in, do biometrics, and carry that card to work every day or we don't get to work. Would that be put off? What about keeping your drivers license current? What is the statistical possibility of being stopped if you fail to renew your license and registration - but still that gets done? Do we buy a house or car with no plans or intentions to actually make the mortgage or note? Do we manage to maintain car insurance? Those things get done, because if they don't, then the USC potentially takes personal consequences that are somehow more important than the potential consequences of their spouses being checked and out of status. Yet, somehow, people get on here and puke BS justifications for putting the legal status of their loved ones in jepeardy and then prioritize the status of their loved ones down at the bottom of the list with the legal requirement for shots and licenses for their pets (who among us had not put THAT off for awhile and i'm hoping LaL and the cat crew doesn't crucify me on the spot for admitting that). Panic? I'd panic too if that was my place as a spouse in a household.

when my husband and i went to ElPaso,Texas i was out of status for 3 days but the border patrol just scanned my passport and asked my husband if i am on K1 visa,my husband told him that were already married...they are familiar with the type of visas...that's why im curious now..

i don't get it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.