Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

"DING!" ?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also saw that a flight to Seattle or Vancouver was not so much different (under $200...I forget now)...I was looking last week for the end of February.

Well, as it is I will be driving to Montreal and then back here and then packing and moving and then driving to my beloved Westcoast.

You are packing and moving where? What are you up to?

Hee, hee.

Yes we decided to give up the apartment in town, move back to the little suburban house.

It is mostly refurbished now...some much much much needed work.

The basement had flooded (with Hurricane Ike rains in the Summer) and so all walls, supporting structures, tiles and mastic had to be removed.

It is now down to concrete and is painted.

Done.

The rest of the house is painted.

Except the kitchen. It needs some attention.

The plan has been to get it ready to sell since before I got here...and now look at the housing environment. Bleh.

It's small and quaint and so maybe there is a market for this kind of house. A Cape Cod style on the corner with separate garage and large property around it and yard.

So we have both been uncluttering (one of us better than the other) to get ready for a move out West.

Where?

Perhaps Seattle.

I am going first to do recognisance. (spelling?)

I was going to go this month, and it is not time yet.

Other things have come up.

Before settling anywhere I will spend some slow time :D in Vancouver and other favourite spots on BC.

Healing.....mmmm...Gulf Islands, Sunshine Coast...my people. Yippee!!

I need my friends to help me...bounce boards...synergy...ideas...

We thought of California...specifically San Francisco or nearby...and everyone says (well not my friends, my honey's), "It's soooooooooo expensive!!!"

Oh well....this will not stop me from investigating it all.

Lifestyle is key.

I'd rather live somewhere near the ocean and nature in a quiet area than have access to city things that I do not care to use.

I like museums, art galleries, etc...and then I can totally live with out all of it.

I cannot live without the sweet smell of forest and ocean.

I am even thinking of doing something radical:

a 10 day silent retreat.

Get the noise out of my head.

It will help me find my answers.

Thanks for asking Trailmix.

You don't miss much. Hee, hee.

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Sounds wonderful! Well I hope you find the absolutely PERFECT spot for the two of you :)

Thank you.

Much appreciated.

I am presently listening to "The Current" on CBC radio Vancouver (online).

They are up in arms about smoking pot, crystal meth, crack and drinking on construction sites.

I had to do a pee test to get work on a tallship in the U.S.

It is a given.

They even had a lawyer saying that people's right are being infringed upon.

That unless it is current and not lifestyle it is an infringement.

And Vancouver is hurrying for the Winter Games.

Construction is booming there.

The differences between Canada and the U.S.

The things I witnessed when working in boat yards....ha!

:star: Spirit :star:

Sounds like just what you need. A little time.

Yes.

Thanks MrsCat.

I love the way that name looks with stars around it.

Hee, hee.

How are you and your health doing?

I love that flower in your signature. Did you take the picture?

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
How are you and your health doing?

I love that flower in your signature. Did you take the picture?

I'm good. Thanks for asking. I did take that picture. Its from my front yard. I love those hibiscuses. They're always smiling when I go to get the mail.

Filed: Timeline

How do I keep missing all these posts?!!!! :bonk:

Wow. You took a beautiful picture, Cat. I fear for my 3 hibiscus plants with this weather we've been having. So far they've been hanging in there.... but one can only take so much, you know?

The west coast would be a wonderful place to live. I'd like to live there myself. Anywhere north of California would be nice. :)

iagree.gif

Surf the Channel is good to watch stuff online...there are so many.

And I found Being Erica right on CBC television site:

http://www.cbc.ca/television/

watch it here.

They are on episode 5.

See if you can find the first one first.

Enjoy.

:star:

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Awww Krit, whats wrong with CA? lol. If you guys end up near the west coast once I'm down there you can definately come visit. Wes is only about 20 minutes from Disney too :D

Cat that picture is gorgeous, I like looking at it to distract me from our distinct lack of flowers at the moment :lol:

Spirit - sounds like you have quiet the adventure ahead of you! Moving can be fun, and I wish you all the best as you do that. Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you! If you do end up on the beach and want to come into town to visit for museums and galleries you are always welcome to visit me as well once I am down there :D I love doing trips to San Diego. Balboa has some nice galleries around it.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
:o Is Florida filled with tree killers or what?? I've never heard of 6 telephone books in a year. We get ours once a year in April. They do give us like three of them, but still it's only once a year. Listen to me talking about tree killers - I produce catalogs for a living. Hypocrisy! :lol:

Are they all the same phonebook? What the heck? :lol:

Good morning everyone. I am putting in a request for you northerners to take back your arctic air. It's killing my tropical plants. :(

We need hot chocolate this morning.

hot-chocolate-su-1571510-l.jpg

we get 4 or 5 different phone books a year :o

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
California's nice. I just have more of a desire to live where there are lots of trees and rocks and ocean and things. :lol:

You mean you dont enjoy the look of death around you? *shocked* :lol: I think I will miss green grass a lot, but the ocean is really close so that I can at least go see. I have no ocean here, just lake, and its nothing spectacular.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So I finally got my first issue of Food Network magazine in the mail the other day and WOW talk about overwhelming! Soo much information, so many recipes to try!

There's even a recipe for homemade Oero cookies... I am going to try that this weekend. There's even this awesome recipe for Lulus cupcakes and they have a ganache icing on top... SO YUM!

Ahh screw diets. :P

I subscribe to the Kraft magazine.. I love it... plus the fact that it is free.. every time a magazine comes in , I pour through the pages going I want to try that and that etc...lol

California's nice. I just have more of a desire to live where there are lots of trees and rocks and ocean and things. :lol:

You mean you dont enjoy the look of death around you? *shocked* :lol: I think I will miss green grass a lot, but the ocean is really close so that I can at least go see. I have no ocean here, just lake, and its nothing spectacular.

California has rocks, and trees and ocean... :unsure::P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
So I finally got my first issue of Food Network magazine in the mail the other day and WOW talk about overwhelming! Soo much information, so many recipes to try!

There's even a recipe for homemade Oero cookies... I am going to try that this weekend. There's even this awesome recipe for Lulus cupcakes and they have a ganache icing on top... SO YUM!

Ahh screw diets. :P

How did I miss this post?!!! :bonk: I'm going to file a complaint. :P

Homemade oreo cookies? Wow. You'll have to post a pic and tell us how they turned out. I've been wanting to subscribe to the America's Test Kitchen magazine. Maybe I'll ask for that for my birthday.

Ohmygosh, Trailmix! There's a really good idea for your recipe exchange! We could each make a recipe out of Sprailenes food mag! :dance::lol:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.