Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The new telephone book is here! The new telephone book is here! post-21394-1233771817.gif

Holy mackerel. I've never seen such a place for telephone books. Do they there's going to be mass hysteria and rioting if they don't publish one every two weeks? :blink:

:rofl: Oh ain't that the truth!

So true!!

We have lived in this house since October - I think we have received 6 telephone books so far!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
basically 300 generic letters.. DONE IN MINUTES!

OHHHHHHHHHHHH. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_merge :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
The new telephone book is here! The new telephone book is here! post-21394-1233771817.gif

Holy mackerel. I've never seen such a place for telephone books. Do they there's going to be mass hysteria and rioting if they don't publish one every two weeks? :blink:

So true!!

We have lived in this house since October - I think we have received 6 telephone books so far!!

:o Is Florida filled with tree killers or what?? I've never heard of 6 telephone books in a year. We get ours once a year in April. They do give us like three of them, but still it's only once a year. Listen to me talking about tree killers - I produce catalogs for a living. Hypocrisy! :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
I'm in Kingston, On. Its a bit of a drive to OT, so I have been trying to look up other things that I think might be fun around there. Not sure of things to do in town though.

Ahhhh. Well, Kingston I can't help you with. :lol: Unless you take a side trip to Montreal or Quebec City. If he's in town before the 13th, how about the Quebec Winter Carnival? Or how about Winterlude in Ottawa?

Oh cool! I'll be in Ottawa the weekend of the 14th. Now we have something to do. :-P

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

So true!!

:o Is Florida filled with tree killers or what?? I've never heard of 6 telephone books in a year. We get ours once a year in April. They do give us like three of them, but still it's only once a year. Listen to me talking about tree killers - I produce catalogs for a living. Hypocrisy! :lol:

:lol:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Holy mackerel. I've never seen such a place for telephone books. Do they think there's going to be mass hysteria and rioting if they don't publish one every two weeks? :blink:

well, I put the fifty million phone books we got to good use.. they propped up our TV :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Are they all the same phonebook? What the heck? :lol:

Good morning everyone. I am putting in a request for you northerners to take back your arctic air. It's killing my tropical plants. :(

We need hot chocolate this morning.

hot-chocolate-su-1571510-l.jpg

iagree.gif

Timeline
Good morning everyone. I am putting in a request for you northerners to take back your arctic air. It's killing my tropical plants. :(

If you think it's cold in Florida today, try living in CT... I have to put long johns & snow pants on to walk to work this am!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Good morning! Thanks for the coffee krikit!

They are all different phone books! Some of them aren't the full sized one (i guess?) but they are all big!

Yes, there are two large big leaf plants in this yard (among many others) and they have lost almost all their leaves now, due to the frost. I don't know if the plants are actually dead or not but it's terrible! There is another smaller plant that I had to cut all the leaves off of too.

Edited by trailmix

Bonjour All.

Well, it is coming out of deep freeze here (windchills to -17) and supposedly will be in the high 40s (if not more) this weekend.

Bye bye dirty ice and snow.

Friends in SoFla are freezing...strange.

I'm looking forward to a road trip to Montreal in a week or so.

It will be good to see my family and my good friend (she is recovering from hospital procedures).

Help her out with some transition stuff.

AND:

Pendelli's Pizza!!! Bagels!!!

Yummmmm....

Has anyone heard of or seen Being Erica, a new TV show?

Strictly Canadian...they even do not hide the fact. Yippee.

A friend turned me on to it, and although I do not like TV, do not own TV, I do check things out on-line if someone knows what I like and insists.

I love the show!

Premise: if you could go back in time and change one thing, would it change the present?

The answer is quite surprising.

Enjoy!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Good morning! Thanks for the coffee krikit!

They are all different phone books! Some of them aren't the full sized one (i guess?) but they are all big!

Yes, there are two large big leaf plants in this yard (among many others) and they have lost almost all their leaves now, due to the frost. I don't know if the plants are actually dead or not but it's terrible! There is another smaller plant that I had to cut all the leaves off of too.

Do people still look up stuff in telephone books?

Perhaps people who actually need them could call for a copy rather than every house/home getting one and so many go in the garbage (or recycling).

They are strewn on the sidewalks in ice and snow in Chicago!

Poor trees....

Sorry to hear of the plants Trailmix.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

Oh and on a happy note!

My Nephew's surgery went brilliantly yesterday! Because of the fact that his first surgery for scoliosis was poorly done and was done a year and a half ago, they were hoping for a minimum of a 50% improvement.

My Sister called me, they had just seen the xrays and his back is straight, his neck is straight! She said she looked at the surgeon and said 'this looks like a 99.9% improvement' - he looked at her and said 'yeah'.

So that is just amazing and the surgeon is amazing. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

If you think it's cold in Florida today, try living in CT... I have to put long johns & snow pants on to walk to work this am!

I'll get a taste of that next week. :lol: But my concern isn't with the cold. It's with the fact that all our outdoor plants are dying. :(

Has anyone heard of or seen Being Erica, a new TV show?

Strictly Canadian...they even do not hide the fact. Yippee.

A friend turned me on to it, and although I do not like TV, do not own TV, I do check things out on-line if someone knows what I like and insists.

I love the show!

Premise: if you could go back in time and change one thing, would it change the present?

The answer is quite surprising.

Oh wow. That sounds like something I'd enjoy. I hope we get it here.

Oh and on a happy note!

My Nephew's surgery went brilliantly yesterday! Because of the fact that his first surgery for scoliosis was poorly done and was done a year and a half ago, they were hoping for a minimum of a 50% improvement.

My Sister called me, they had just seen the xrays and his back is straight, his neck is straight! She said she looked at the surgeon and said 'this looks like a 99.9% improvement' - he looked at her and said 'yeah'.

Ohmygosh, that is absolutely fantastic, Trailmix! That is super super awesome. I think I'm going to cry. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline
Oh and on a happy note!

Ohmygosh, that is absolutely fantastic, Trailmix! That is super super awesome. I think I'm going to cry. lol

Thanks krikit! My Sister said she almost did!

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.