Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My son has a girlfriend. :lol:

His first girlfriend. He wants me to bring him to target so he can buy her a valentines present. AWW!

They shared a bag of funyuns at lunch today and you know thats kind of a big deal in fourth grade. :P

:rofl: Oh Sprailenes! As the mother of a 12 year old boy, let me say, boy are you ever in for it! lol It starts as funyuns, then it moves on to corn chips and pretzels. :lol: After that it's straight downhill and he won't want to leave his computer because there is a multi-hour IM session going on. Then you'll get the one I just got - he asked a girl to the Valentine's Day dance. Can't you just wait? I do have to admit that even though it makes me a little nervous sometimes, they're so cute at the different girlfriend stages. (L)

Oh man! I know there is no turning back. Its bitter sweet. Just last month he still claimed to hate girls. :lol:

Ahh boys are funny... he has even been spending more time in his bathroom in the morning, and putting gel in his hair... too much gel actually. :blink:

Oh girl, I LOVE it. You are SO right. When my SO was visiting with his daughter and one of her friends (they're 19), they asked if my son would like to go to the mall with them. He asked me to pick out what shirt he should wear, which was funny enough as it's hard to get him out of a t-shirt, but when he came out in it, he reeked, and I mean REEKED of cologne. It was so hard not to laugh my a$$ off at him. :lol: Then again, they're still boys. There are weeks I don't think he would shower, brush his teeth or change his underwear if I didn't make him!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Its sooo funny you say that because I put a thing of axe spray in his stocking this year just because I thought it would be cute, and maaan he didn't know how to stop putting it on! :lol:

I actually had to finally confiscate it and throw it away because it was axe overload. I can't believe he's growing up. Aww I can't wait until he starts going to dances... I know I'm gonna be the lame mom with the camera!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Its sooo funny you say that because I put a thing of axe spray in his stocking this year just because I thought it would be cute, and maaan he didn't know how to stop putting it on! :lol:

I actually had to finally confiscate it and throw it away because it was axe overload. I can't believe he's growing up. Aww I can't wait until he starts going to dances... I know I'm gonna be the lame mom with the camera!

Oh no! The dreaded Axe. My mom put it in his stocking for Christmas too. She also happens to be the one that bought him the cologne he soaked himself in that one day. He thought Grandma was pretty cool for getting both of them, but I asked him if maybe she just thinks he smells bad. :lol: I'm an evil mom who just likes to mess with the boy sometimes. ;)

I know I'm going to sound tremendously old when I say this, but aren't you amazed at how much faster they grow up now? My son was in the spelling bee the other day and as I sat and watched, I took inventory of the girls. Holy mother! Between the way girls are built and the things they wear, I don't know how any of the boys pay attention in school at all. #######. I sound like my mother 30 years ago. :P

Good morning from sunny Key West! Well, it's still dark yet, but you get the picture. ;) Here's some morning brew! We're having a blast on our vacation, but wanted to stop in to say hello. A fabulous part of our trip was meeting up with Kathryn, trailmix and Krikit! Hugs to you for being as special in person as you are here. :luv: Enjoy your day!

coffeeaf3.th.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Oh no! The dreaded Axe. My mom put it in his stocking for Christmas too. She also happens to be the one that bought him the cologne he soaked himself in that one day. He thought Grandma was pretty cool for getting both of them, but I asked him if maybe she just thinks he smells bad. :lol: I'm an evil mom who just likes to mess with the boy sometimes. ;)

I know I'm going to sound tremendously old when I say this, but aren't you amazed at how much faster they grow up now? My son was in the spelling bee the other day and as I sat and watched, I took inventory of the girls. Holy mother! Between the way girls are built and the things they wear, I don't know how any of the boys pay attention in school at all. #######. I sound like my mother 30 years ago. :P

Awww aren't they so cute? My son is 12 and he told me the other day he had a gf at school. But he was keeping it low because she had a jealous ex-bf. :-P

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

SNOW DAY!!!!!!

No work, no school, YAY!

PS: There is hardly any snow on the ground, two inches at most. But its okay... I'll take a day off! :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Awww aren't they so cute? My son is 12 and he told me the other day he had a gf at school. But he was keeping it low because she had a jealous ex-bf. :-P

:lol: Oh childhood drama.

and yes I agree about the kinds of clothes girls wear these days... I mistake 12 year olds for 16 year olds much of the time and I can't believe their mothers let them dress that way!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

Haha. Love the stories of the young males. They're so cute. :luv:

Good Morning to all!!

REMINDER TO THOSE I PROMISED A REMINDER:

Homeland Security USA is on tonight at 8pm on ABC!!

Gack! So I went ahead and set a reminder on my TV for this (thanks for the reminder, Jill) but I couldn't remember what time it was for. At 9:05 I asked my husband "Did a reminder for Homeland Security come on yet?" Apparently stupid Comcast clears all the reminders if you turn your TV off. :angry::bonk: Please tell me it wasn't any good last night.

Good morning from sunny Key West! Well, it's still dark yet, but you get the picture. ;) Here's some morning brew! We're having a blast on our vacation, but wanted to stop in to say hello. A fabulous part of our trip was meeting up with Kathryn, trailmix and Krikit! Hugs to you for being as special in person as you are here. :luv: Enjoy your day!

Caralawarla!!! :luv: And here I was all prepared to post today's coffee. Glad to hear you're enjoying your vacation! You were just as wonderful in person too!

Good morning, everyone. :energy:

SNOW DAY!!!!!!

No work, no school, YAY!

PS: There is hardly any snow on the ground, two inches at most. But its okay... I'll take a day off! :lol:

Whoooo!!!!!!! Those are were my favourite days!!!!! Except I preferred mine with snow. :hehe:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife is taking the day off. Fed employees can come in 3 hrs late, so why bother, take it off. Ice walks around our place are pure ice. I could put my skates on and go for a workout. It is interesting watching people trying to scrap off their vehicles, as many do not have a simple scrapper. Saw a lady yesterday shoveling snow with a small dirt pan!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My wife is taking the day off. Fed employees can come in 3 hrs late, so why bother, take it off. Ice walks around our place are pure ice. I could put my skates on and go for a workout. It is interesting watching people trying to scrap off their vehicles, as many do not have a simple scrapper. Saw a lady yesterday shoveling snow with a small dirt pan!!

You should seriously put on your Canada toque and go skating out there flames and represent!

Hi Carla <wave> - so glad that you are having a marvelous time on your holiday, it was so nice to meet you and Gene :)

Timeline

:dance: It's snowing here too!!! And.. i'm starting to not feel as winded after my work outs! Yeah! I went out last night and got hand weights.. before this I was just doing the exercise without weights.. ugh. that's tough!! :)

Happy hump day everyone!! Lucky duckies with storm days.. i walk to work so that's not fair :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
:dance: It's snowing here too!!! And.. i'm starting to not feel as winded after my work outs! Yeah! I went out last night and got hand weights.. before this I was just doing the exercise without weights.. ugh. that's tough!! :)

Happy hump day everyone!! Lucky duckies with storm days.. i walk to work so that's not fair :)

Thats great!

Hey speaking of work outs I finally did a full 30 minutes on my elliptical last night. I had to work myself up to that, that machine is HARD! But man it feels amazing once you get off.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Thats great!

Hey speaking of work outs I finally did a full 30 minutes on my elliptical last night. I had to work myself up to that, that machine is HARD! But man it feels amazing once you get off.

Nice one girl!! Way to stick at it.. you'll be doing 45 min in no time!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all. len is ok btw.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.