Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

bleh, i'm a pooped puppy. just cleaned more of the garage and move things around/organized them.

who woulda thought being an organizer was such hard work? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Krikit.. you are so funny.. you'd best be having the time of your life tonite.. enjoy your special evening!! YEAH!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Krikit.. you are so funny.. you'd best be having the time of your life tonite.. enjoy your special evening!! YEAH!

I hope you took pictures of the VJ Floridian get-together!! :dancing:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope you took pictures of the VJ Floridian get-together!! :dancing:

Maybe we did and maybe we didn't, but we aren't posting them!! :hehe:

Anyway, just got back a little while ago - it really was fun. It was me, krikit, Carla and our husbands and Gene's Niece and her boyfriend.

The pub was great, the food was great, the people were great - it was great!

I will let krikit post details because she lives further away so it's only fair :lol:

Filed: Timeline

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It was AWESOME!!! :dance: I had so much fun! Everyone was so super super nice, and Trailmix and Carla were exactly like they are here! lol

After we left you guys, Trailmix, we walked over to the movie theatre to see what was playing but there was nothing really interesting. So then we went over to the bistro and had coffee and dessert. We just got back home.

Ohmygosh, you guys! It was so much fun meeting everyone! I could have talked all night. Except Gene and Carla had been on the road since early this morning, and then had to be up early tomorrow to get back on the road again. Sounds like they're going to have a fabulous holiday.

Anywho.... time sure does fly when you're having fun. :)

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline
WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It was AWESOME!!! :dance: I had so much fun! Everyone was so super super nice, and Trailmix and Carla were exactly like they are here! lol

After we left you guys, Trailmix, we walked over to the movie theatre to see what was playing but there was nothing really interesting. So then we went over to the bistro and had coffee and dessert. We just got back home.

Ohmygosh, you guys! It was so much fun meeting everyone! I could have talked all night. Except Gene and Carla had been on the road since early this morning, and then had to be up early tomorrow to get back on the road again. Sounds like they're going to have a fabulous holiday.

Hi krikit <wave>

Yeah, it was such a nice night out, when we left the pub we stood outside and talked for...I don't know how long! I could have stood out there for another hour!

Filed: Timeline

Hi krikit <wave>

Yeah, it was such a nice night out, when we left the pub we stood outside and talked for...I don't know how long! I could have stood out there for another hour!

Same! We didn't even get to talk about half the stuff I wanted to talk about. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Hi krikit <wave>

Same! We didn't even get to talk about half the stuff I wanted to talk about. :lol:

Yeah! (I have 3 way calling)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I grew up in Houston, TX. Lived there all my life and I really do like the city a lot. It has practically everything and anything one could want.

However... I feel odd visiting this time. Aside from the weirdness I felt when coming through Customs as a "visitor to the U.S.", I don't feel as comfortable here as I did before. I actually miss home, which as far as I'm concerned at this point, is in Canada. :hehe:

Oh.. and something funny happened to me a couple of days ago. I was reaching into my wallet to pay for an item with cash and I almost pulled out a Canadian $20 bill. I looked at it for a moment and then realized that's the wrong currency and took out an American $20 bill instead.

My wife did that too, but even better. She was getting some coffee at Starbucks and without thinking, went to pay for it with Canadian cash. The guy behind the counter looked at it and asked, "What is this? A Euro or something?" My wife was embarrassed at making that mistake and quickly produced American money. The guy behind the counter started asking her questions about Canada (after he realized where she's from) and thought it was "pretty cool" that he had met a "foreigner." :P

Timeline
I grew up in Houston, TX. Lived there all my life and I really do like the city a lot. It has practically everything and anything one could want.

However... I feel odd visiting this time. Aside from the weirdness I felt when coming through Customs as a "visitor to the U.S.", I don't feel as comfortable here as I did before. I actually miss home, which as far as I'm concerned at this point, is in Canada. :hehe:

Oh.. and something funny happened to me a couple of days ago. I was reaching into my wallet to pay for an item with cash and I almost pulled out a Canadian $20 bill. I looked at it for a moment and then realized that's the wrong currency and took out an American $20 bill instead.

My wife did that too, but even better. She was getting some coffee at Starbucks and without thinking, went to pay for it with Canadian cash. The guy behind the counter looked at it and asked, "What is this? A Euro or something?" My wife was embarrassed at making that mistake and quickly produced American money. The guy behind the counter started asking her questions about Canada (after he realized where she's from) and thought it was "pretty cool" that he had met a "foreigner." :P

It takes some time but I know what you mean, I feel weird going to Canada too now. Even when I am visiting with family and friends, I just don't feel at home as I do here. I went to Tim Hortons last time I visted and said: "large with coffee cream and sugar." and the lady asked: "How much cream and sugar?" :lol:

I hated it here when I lived with my inlaws, but now that we have our own place and everything, I love it. Its nice to finally be able to accept it.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the part I don't like when people find out I am from Canada is when they say "oh it must be cold up there"

I got asked that the other day and I said "no, the weather is kind of like this" (it was raining at the time)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
the part I don't like when people find out I am from Canada is when they say "oh it must be cold up there"

I got asked that the other day and I said "no, the weather is kind of like this" (it was raining at the time)

I've had that said to me as well. Usually I will try and explain that it gets just as hot during summer as here, but more and more I am tempted just to say 'Yeah, it needs to be so the igloos don't melt'.

On a totally different topic - the birds are starting to sing their 'Spring" songs - I noticed it yesterday for the first time. It is so different than at any other time of year and it feels like Spring really may be in the air soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Cool. I am in Houston. I love it here. :-)

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.