Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Hello beautiful cat people!

The gang is all here.

Hee, hee.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So for fun? I followed the link from the RBC bank site for my 'free' credit report.

So I select all three reporting bureaus to look at and you are then transferred to the first site then you are supposed to continue on to the other two by going back or something (got bored after the first one).

Ok so I viewed my credit report. Someone said once that Am express does not report - that is not true.

Anyway, all the 'free' report shows you is probably what most people see if they hit your report - you have paid on time blah blah - not credit 'score' (you can get that but it's $7.95).

I really don't care what my credit score is.

Edited by trailmix

Being a responsible grown up sucks.

Damn it!

:lol:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tinker.. wow.. it has been a long time!! Glad to hear she's okay.

Tired this am.. went to a party last night that had a couple of doggies.. and I took a full out asthma/allergy attack.. it was miserable and I had to come home early cause I forgot my puffers... bummer.. I hate stupid asthma :ranting:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Im startin to get higgggggghly stressed with my parents.. Boo!

More info if ur bored.. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=174065

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Timeline

More info if ur bored.. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=174065

Good morning all!

I read your post stiggy. I must say i'm a bit confused about how parents would outright reject your Husband - without even meeting him. Honestly it seems a bit selfish - you have made your decision and they should respect it.

I'm not criticizing your parents - although it sure sounds like it!

I guess it's just that parents are on a learning curve too and they will come around - eventually.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

Woooooooooooo! I'm going to dinner with my friends tonight!!! :dance::dance::dance:

The guy behind us is power washing his patio. And it's LOUD. Shutup, guy behind us!!!

The guy beside us is digging up his garden. And it's LOUD. Shutup, guy next door!!!

Wooooooooooo! I'm going to dinner with my friends tonight!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Okay, I'm back. :hehe:

Emancipation, that sux that you had such a bad reaction to the dogs. I'm glad you're feeling better, though. Whenever I'm at my parents' house I get a bad reaction to their cat and stuff. My Mom always says I'm putting on an act. It's tough love at our house. :lol: Cat's dead now, though, so I'm hoping it won't be so bad the next visit.

Stiggy, it sounds like your parents are hurting and lashing out. I can imagine it must be terribly painful to be "losing" their daughter and grandkids. I'm sure their love and concern for all of you is causing terrible heartache and a sense of loss. After all, the safety of our loved ones is the most important thing in our lives. The best you can do is be patient with them. Once they see that all is well, they'll come around. After all.... they love you. (F)

Oh, and..... I'M GOING TO DINNER WITH MY FRIENDS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

iagree.gif

Timeline

Hi Stiggy,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I understand it's hard for parents to let their children 'go', but that's what happens when you grow up! You don't stay in the same town forever. My Mom misses me so much but she is thrilled I met such an amazing man who treats me great and makes me so happy, and he happens to be American! I'm sure she wishes I married someone 'local' too but life doesn't work out that way. I feel blessed to have the love and support of my family, without that moving would have been so much more difficult. Hopefully in the end they will reach out an olive branch because not being a part of your life would be a shame. Best of luck (F)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi Stiggy, I read your post. It seems it's not really about you or your new husband, it's about their grandchildren. They are feeling insecure about them. But rest assured you are not the only person going through problems with your parents due to your marriage. My mom wouldn't speak to me for several months after I got married and we are still on rocky terms right now. I am trying to bring him here (he is in Canada), but I know if I decided to go to Canada instead it would open up a new can of worms similar to what you are going through. Hang in there. I'm sure once things get settled, they will see that everything will be OK. (F)

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline
Woooooooooooo! I'm going to dinner with my friends tonight!!! :dance::dance::dance:

The guy behind us is power washing his patio. And it's LOUD. Shutup, guy behind us!!!

The guy beside us is digging up his garden. And it's LOUD. Shutup, guy next door!!!

Wooooooooooo! I'm going to dinner with my friends tonight!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Okay, I'm back. :hehe:

Emancipation, that sux that you had such a bad reaction to the dogs. I'm glad you're feeling better, though. Whenever I'm at my parents' house I get a bad reaction to their cat and stuff. My Mom always says I'm putting on an act. It's tough love at our house. :lol: Cat's dead now, though, so I'm hoping it won't be so bad the next visit.

Stiggy, it sounds like your parents are hurting and lashing out. I can imagine it must be terribly painful to be "losing" their daughter and grandkids. I'm sure their love and concern for all of you is causing terrible heartache and a sense of loss. After all, the safety of our loved ones is the most important thing in our lives. The best you can do is be patient with them. Once they see that all is well, they'll come around. After all.... they love you. (F)

Oh, and..... I'M GOING TO DINNER WITH MY FRIENDS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Well, gee, can't you at least work up a little excitement about going out to dinner with friends tonight? ;):D

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Stiggy. I'm really sorry to hear that things aren't going so well with you in regards to your parents. I know how you feel. It's definitely difficult. My parents didn't outright reject my husband but my mom kept trying to make me doubt our relationship and basically said every mean thing she could think of, whether it was about me or him. At one point she outright came out and said to him "you'd better let us know now if you're gay because I don't want my daughter going down there and get married and then find out you're gay!"

I couldn't believe it and neither could he! At first I thought she was joking but she really wasn't. The more time she spent with us though, she realized that I was serious and that he was a good man who would take care of me if I needed it.

Hopefully in time, your parents will come around. They love you and are only concerned about your wellbeing. That doesn't mean that what they think is best actually is though!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline

Hopping on the crazy parent train! All aboard.

My mom was really unhappy about my decision too. So much so, she threw out my appointment letter from USCIS and I had no idea I had an appointment. I actually missed it because of her. I called them up crying and they rescheduled me quite quickly, within 3 weeks actually, but still... who does that? Anyways time has passed and though she said that she wanted nothing to do with my wedding, she did eventually come around and she came down for our formal wedding. She later told me that she really enjoyed herself and she was happy I was happy. Mike and her don't really get along. She doesn't dislike him, but she doesn't like him... and thats something that took me a long time to accept. But when I finally accepted it, a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. She's not the one who is married to him, this is my life, not hers.

Overbearing parents sure love us a lot but at the same time they can be a real pain in the butt.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Yeah, but what irks me is that we live a 20 hour drive away from my parents regardless. Im in Nova Scotia, and my exhusband refuses to let the kids move to Ontario where they are at (the GTA). My ex husband is military and we divorced while he was posted out here in Nova Scotia - so Im stuck in the middle of nowhere.

So regardless, the kids are going to be 20 hours away in Florida (Orlando), just as the 20 hours to Nova Scotia.

Im sure its because they know when the kids remain in N.S temporarily they know my ex will not have the kids call my parents in Toronto since my parents hate my exhusband, and my exhusband hates them just as equally.

If it werent for that, I think they'd be much more open regarding the situation

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.