Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Best of luck to all the job-seekers! :dance:

Thanks a lot Emancpation, hahaha.

I have been abstaining for years because of my love of sailing and wanting to be a pro at it.

One cannot risk not passing a "pee test".

So although I believe alcohol is more destructive, but they don't test for that. Damn them!

Look at the Exxon Valdez, worst spill in history...the dude was piloting drunk.

Ahem...back on course here...

Hee, hee.

The sight of a bag of pot in B.C. in nothing unusual.

Glad you liked the super natural westcoast E.

And it always makes me laugh to hear people and the labels they use.

i.e. "granolas"

My best friend in Montreal does that to me all the time.

We are totally in love and so I accept it from her and give her only minimum amounts on #######.

Hahahaha!

The names she calls me...hilarious.

Free make-up...do check that they do not have talc nor petroleum ijn them before putting them on your skin/faces.

Are they tested on animals?

Arrrrrrrrg!

Do they have the hundreds of other substances that are unhealthy for you?

Beauty is not skin deep. :D

Here...let me find you the site that talks about that.

Please stand by...

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't dug around too much into these sites.

I have read a lot in books though about the lists and lists if what is dangerous for our skin that is in make-up, skin creams and sunscreen.

Here's something:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/special/s...008/summary.php

read down this list of subjects on this matter:

http://search.mercola.com/Results.aspx?q=makeup&k=makeup

well, read it only if you are interested in your health.

Hee, hee.

Personally I live with a couple of eye liners, hemp face cream and Body Shop vanilla oil (fragrance).

Easy breezy.

:star:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Krikit and anyone else who is interested!?

The Homeland Security USA tv program, they now have it available to watch online - just need to go here http://abc.go.com/primetime/homelandsecurity/index?pn=index

then click on 'view full episodes' on the left - there are two available right now.

Filed: Timeline
Krikit and anyone else who is interested!?

The Homeland Security USA tv program, they now have it available to watch online - just need to go here http://abc.go.com/primetime/homelandsecurity/index?pn=index

then click on 'view full episodes' on the left - there are two available right now.

Oh, nice. Thank you. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

I am tremendously grateful that show started lately and not a few years ago.

I would have most likely been on it: a free spirit without a fixed address trying to visit the U.S. (for the umpteenth time) on a "wrong" day and getting the "wrong" person.

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would have most likely been on it: a free spirit without a fixed address trying to visit the U.S. (for the umpteenth time) on a "wrong" day and getting the "wrong" person.

Funny, because in episode 2 there is a couple turned back from the Canadian border, so they were pulled in to be checked out on the U.S. side on their way back. The woman made me think of you :thumbs:

(she isn't a criminal btw - it was the guy she was with who had a record, which is why Canada wouldn't let him in)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Funny, because in episode 2 there is a couple turned back from the Canadian border, so they were pulled in to be checked out on the U.S. side on their way back. The woman made me think of you :thumbs:

(she isn't a criminal btw - it was the guy she was with who had a record, which is why Canada wouldn't let him in)

I haven't seen this show yet, but when I saw the first commercial for it, I thought I HAVE to see it. I've never been turned away by Canada, but the US HATES me. lol My own country <sigh>. How a 5'11", blonde chick pushing 40 screams, "do a full vehicle search every time she goes through!!" to the US border people is beyond me. :angry: I swear every other weekend when I go to Canada that I'm going to get a Nexus card, but I never do. No criminal record, no nothing. However, the Canadian border folks always welcome me with open arms and I'm there for about 30 seconds. Hmmm... maybe we're doing this backwards and I should be moving to Canada. ;)

I haven't seen this show yet, but when I saw the first commercial for it, I thought I HAVE to see it. I've never been turned away by Canada, but the US HATES me. lol My own country <sigh>. How a 5'11", blonde chick pushing 40 screams, "do a full vehicle search every time she goes through!!" to the US border people is beyond me. :angry: I swear every other weekend when I go to Canada that I'm going to get a Nexus card, but I never do. No criminal record, no nothing. However, the Canadian border folks always welcome me with open arms and I'm there for about 30 seconds. Hmmm... maybe we're doing this backwards and I should be moving to Canada. ;)

What border crossing are you using, SomberCat? Some of them are notorious for being a pain in the behind. As for the Nexus card..... I went online to apply for one, their database was shut down for upgrades so I put it on hold, and now I just noticed the email again, today, while I was cleaning out my inbox so I guess I should get my butt in gear. :blush:

iagree.gif

Timeline

What border crossing are you using, SomberCat? Some of them are notorious for being a pain in the behind. As for the Nexus card..... I went online to apply for one, their database was shut down for upgrades so I put it on hold, and now I just noticed the email again, today, while I was cleaning out my inbox so I guess I should get my butt in gear. :blush:

I cross at Port Huron/Sarnia. Even though I'm complaining about it, it's still less hassle than going through Detroit. Are they one of the notorious ones? I've been crossing there for over a year and I swear they see me coming. I joke that they just want to go through my bag to see my underwear. :lol: One of the things that irritates me the most is that after they search everything, they never put things back. My clothes are thrown all over, my glove compartment stuff will be on the seat or the floor, etc.

You know why I don't have a Nexus card? I'm lazy. :blush: I started the application online once and when I found out that I had to go into the immigration office for an interview at the end, I decided I didn't want to. Not to mention, I had to set up a time to do it and it had to be scheduled a few weeks in advance. Most of the time I go to Canada every other weekend, but sometimes our schedules change. You know how that goes. Ultimately though, I guess I'm just lazy. Since we won't file our CR1 until next month, I have at least another year of driving there, so I should just get off my rear and do it.

I cross at Port Huron/Sarnia. Even though I'm complaining about it, it's still less hassle than going through Detroit. Are they one of the notorious ones? I've been crossing there for over a year and I swear they see me coming. I joke that they just want to go through my bag to see my underwear. :lol: One of the things that irritates me the most is that after they search everything, they never put things back. My clothes are thrown all over, my glove compartment stuff will be on the seat or the floor, etc.

You know why I don't have a Nexus card? I'm lazy. :blush: I started the application online once and when I found out that I had to go into the immigration office for an interview at the end, I decided I didn't want to. Not to mention, I had to set up a time to do it and it had to be scheduled a few weeks in advance. Most of the time I go to Canada every other weekend, but sometimes our schedules change. You know how that goes. Ultimately though, I guess I'm just lazy. Since we won't file our CR1 until next month, I have at least another year of driving there, so I should just get off my rear and do it.

Yeah, Detroit is one of my least favourites. The last time I went through there they barricaded us in then tore the car apart. Yeah. Good times. I've never been through Port Huron so I'll just take your word for it and not bother. :lol: The Peace Bridge in Buffalo is my favourite but I'm not sure what kind of a pain in the behind it would be for you to drive that way. Plus I like stopping at the Wegmans in Fort Erie or Buffalo. :lol:

Let's do the Nexus thing together, SomberCat!! We can have a race as to who gets it first, then do a comparison of our experiences. :)

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yeah, Detroit is one of my least favourites. The last time I went through there they barricaded us in then tore the car apart. Yeah. Good times. I've never been through Port Huron so I'll just take your word for it and not bother. :lol: The Peace Bridge in Buffalo is my favourite but I'm not sure what kind of a pain in the behind it would be for you to drive that way. Plus I like stopping at the Wegmans in Fort Erie or Buffalo. :lol:

Let's do the Nexus thing together, SomberCat!! We can have a race as to who gets it first, then do a comparison of our experiences. :)

I've never been to the Peace Bridge or the entire city of Buffalo either for that matter. I guess I'll be close this weekend when we go the falls though. Unfortunately, that's way out of my way. I'm in Fort Wayne, IN so I get right on I69 and it takes me clear to the border and then get on the 401 to the 402 to Woodstock, Ontario.

Umm... what's Wegmans? :blush:

You're right, we should just do it together. Will you go to Buffalo for yours? Do you go back to Canada a lot? I just had a friend who got hers as her company in Detroit just bought a company in Windsor and she's travelling there most every day for work. She said the man who did the interview in Detroit was so nasty and blatantly mean that she had to fight back the laughter because he was so funny.

I've never been to the Peace Bridge or the entire city of Buffalo either for that matter. I guess I'll be close this weekend when we go the falls though. Unfortunately, that's way out of my way. I'm in Fort Wayne, IN so I get right on I69 and it takes me clear to the border and then get on the 401 to the 402 to Woodstock, Ontario.

You're right, we should just do it together. Will you go to Buffalo for yours? Do you go back to Canada a lot? I just had a friend who got hers as her company in Detroit just bought a company in Windsor and she's travelling there most every day for work. She said the man who did the interview in Detroit was so nasty and blatantly mean that she had to fight back the laughter because he was so funny.

Wegmans is only the best grocery store in the whole of the United States! :luv:

Yes, I go back to Canada a lot. At least 4 times a year. I'm not exactly sure where they'll have me go for the interview. I assumed it would be Buffalo but I can't remember why that's sticking in my head. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Wegmans is only the best grocery store in the whole of the United States! :luv:

Yes, I go back to Canada a lot. At least 4 times a year. I'm not exactly sure where they'll have me go for the interview. I assumed it would be Buffalo but I can't remember why that's sticking in my head. :lol:

Well heck, I guess my area is missing the coolest grocery store around. I'm slightly bummed now. :(

I think you can go to any POE can't you? Not sure about that, but it doesn't seem like it would make any difference really.

Timeline

I used to cross the Port Huron/Sarnia route pretty regularly myself - whenever the ferries at Sombra/Marine City and Walpole Island/Algonac weren't running because of ice. It was a bit longer way and I hated going through Sarnia but I never had a problem with the border guards there. I always travelled with a packet of evidence showing my ties to Canada after the first time I was stopped and asked to prove I wasn't living in the US (I was crossing 2 to 3 times a week in the early part of a cross-border relationship). Port Huron was actually our POE when we activated my K-1. Sorry you are having trouble there - when the ice breaks up in the river and the drive isn't out of your way you might like to try one of the two ferries - I always found the rides over and back enjoyable and the border guards did get to know me there and were pretty decent to deal with (until the snarky new female refused to process my K-1 even after I personally visited the border the week before to ask if they would and was assured they did).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.