Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Ah, the gargantuan motorcade.

I guess it's too cold to be driven around for this victory lap in a top-down vehicle.

Well, and for other reasons. :whistle:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ah, the gargantuan motorcade.

I guess it's too cold to be driven around for this victory lap in a top-down vehicle.

Well, and for other reasons. :whistle:

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Hee, hee. Thanks Sprailenes.

Yeah, Al Gore!!!! Yippeeeee!!!!

:star:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't want this to turn into a debate, but...

I don't hate Obama. I really don't and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's too early to praise or condemn him. However, what really bugs me is the "Obama worship" that seems to be almost everywhere.

So many people irrationally believe that Obama will "turn water into wine" or some such nonsense. He's not our salvation or the messiah. He's a man who's been elected as President of the United States. That may be a prestigious position, but he can't make bills himself. He can propose something, but ultimately, the decision is up to both Congress and the Supreme Court.

I suppose what really annoys me is that I've already seen coins minted with his face on them and "Obama stamps" as well. The U.S. has never put a sitting president on a coin or a stamp. I'm not being partisan here -- I wouldn't have wanted Bush on either.

I actually feel a little sorry Obama. He didn't ask for people to believe he can "solve all of our problems." That's a lot of stress for one person and I hope, that when he messes up (all presidents mess up somewhere) he won't get viciously attacked. I know some people will bash him; others will probably make excuses for him.

All in all, I'm glad I'm in Canada now and don't have to deal with this lunacy. :P

I don't hate Obama. I really don't and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's too early to praise or condemn him. However, what really bugs me is the "Obama worship" that seems to be almost everywhere.

So many people irrationally believe that Obama will "turn water into wine" or some such nonsense. He's not our salvation or the messiah. He's a man who's been elected as President of the United States. That may be a prestigious position, but he can't make bills himself. He can propose something, but ultimately, the decision is up to both Congress and the Supreme Court.

I suppose what really annoys me is that I've already seen coins minted with his face on them and "Obama stamps" as well. The U.S. has never put a sitting president on a coin or a stamp. I'm not being partisan here -- I wouldn't have wanted Bush on either.

I actually feel a little sorry Obama. He didn't ask for people to believe he can "solve all of our problems." That's a lot of stress for one person and I hope, that when he messes up (all presidents mess up somewhere) he won't get viciously attacked. I know some people will bash him; others will probably make excuses for him.

All in all, I'm glad I'm in Canada now and don't have to deal with this lunacy. :P

Well said DeadPool (however did you pick this name, haha).

He is being set up to fail big time.

I mean really...he is a human being not a Super Man.

And so...you are indeed lucky to be in my favourite city.

Have you enjoyed the fog?

It happened for about ten days back in late 1999.

I went up to Mount Seymour for a hike and looked down on the think soup...it was beautiful from up there...in the brilliant sun.

Yes, he is being over-hyped and it is not his fault.

The damn commercial media!

What can you do when you live in a shoe?

Hahaha!

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

Agreed.

My husband told me I was being negative this morning because I said that it was really no big deal, its not a big deal until he begins to execute this "change" he is speaking of. As of right now, we're still in a recession, we're still at war, and there are many issues that we still face everyday.

I support Obama, but I'll support him more when things begin to turn around.

Donne moi une poptart!

Elizabeth the poet.

How cool is that?

And what is the message?

(L)LOVE! (L)

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

I have to agree that the "Obama worship" drives me crazy. That's one thing that's so goofy about this country is we tend to adore people far too much. I do have to disagree with DeadPoolX on one thing though. He did ask for people to believe he can solve all of our problems. That's what presidential candidates want you to believe so that you will vote for them.

I tend to vote more Republican although I have voted for my share of Democrats (including Clinton). I did vote for Obama and not because I agree with most of his political stances, but for one simple word - hope. Going back to something someone said earlier in this thread, it boils down to each and every person in this country doing something. I don't think any person can do anything to truly change any situation without hope. So ultimately, I decided if my American brothers and sisters (and those of you who have become ones (L) ) garnered so much hope from this man, I could surely vote for him hoping he inspires people.

Although I have not yet started the immigration process (next month), almost every post I read on here has an underlying theme of hope. Hoping the process will go quickly, hoping to get an approval notice, etc. I could go on and on. So I think all of us can use as much hope as we can get. :)

I'll stop being so serious now. That's not like me. Change of pace... um... I'm going to Niagara Falls this weekend. :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I just watched the entire inauguration, it was great. I really like his common sense and the way he thinks.

I loved hearing Aretha sing too!

I don't think of Obama as a Messiah and I don't think that most thinking people do either, I think most of it is just media hype.

Filed: Timeline

Okay, I'm back. I had to stay till the end. I wanted to make sure that Bush left. :hehe:

I found it interesting that the inauguration process followed an of order of worship as in church. I loved the benediction given by The Rev. Joseph Lowery, and I loved The Reverend himself. 87 years old! Wow.

I have to agree that the "Obama worship" drives me crazy. That's one thing that's so goofy about this country is we tend to adore people far too much. I do have to disagree with DeadPoolX on one thing though. He did ask for people to believe he can solve all of our problems. That's what presidential candidates want you to believe so that you will vote for them.

I tend to vote more Republican although I have voted for my share of Democrats (including Clinton). I did vote for Obama and not because I agree with most of his political stances, but for one simple word - hope. Going back to something someone said earlier in this thread, it boils down to each and every person in this country doing something. I don't think any person can do anything to truly change any situation without hope. So ultimately, I decided if my American brothers and sisters (and those of you who have become ones (L) ) garnered so much hope from this man, I could surely vote for him hoping he inspires people.

Although I have not yet started the immigration process (next month), almost every post I read on here has an underlying theme of hope. Hoping the process will go quickly, hoping to get an approval notice, etc. I could go on and on. So I think all of us can use as much hope as we can get. :)

I'll stop being so serious now. That's not like me. Change of pace... um... I'm going to Niagara Falls this weekend. :dance:

I loved your post, SomberCat. :) Have fun in Niagara! You really should go in the summer, though, so you can go on the Maid of the Mist. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Okay, I'm back. I had to stay till the end. I wanted to make sure that Bush left. :hehe:

I found it interesting that the inauguration process followed an of order of worship as in church. I loved the benediction given by The Rev. Joseph Lowery, and I loved The Reverend himself. 87 years old! Wow.

Yeah that was great :thumbs:

I found the whole thing quite touching (except for Rick Warren - meh)

Yeah that was great :thumbs:

I found the whole thing quite touching (except for Rick Warren - meh)

Yeah, Rick Warren's invocation was meh. Kind of an uncomfortable moment, really.

iagree.gif

Oh! One more thing about the inauguration. I was really impressed with Senator Dianne Feinstein. Thought she did a great job.

Pottery Barn is having a sale! I'm on their site buying up shtuff. :luv: Wow. I totally forgot. I also got a TON of Christmas stuff for like .25 cents and stuff. I like stuff today.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.