Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

:) I was thinking as I was getting ready for work today about why so glum chum today.. I think it's two things..

I'm not a raving Republican for sure.. very not who I am.. so it's not some trip of "we didn't win".. I just think both candidates were not the right fit for today.. If Joe Biden was the main event.. that probably would have changed things for me .. he seems more seasoned and realistic to me.. and touchable.

BUT.. that being said I think that I no longer hold politicians or any leader in a position that they will change anything.. I think it's not the solution to look to one man or one woman to "fix" anything.. I guess I just don't give politicians that much power in my life.. :)

thanks for listening.. that's the last of the rain for today I promise :)

Rain away darling.

It helps things grow.

(F)(L)(F)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yesterday I was at Sally's getting some hair colour and came across an item called "Smooth Away". It's a pad system whereby you make circular motions with this sticky pad that has kind of a light sandpaper (?) :hehe: thing on the pad. Anyway, I used it, on my legs and it took away the hair. I've read good and bad reviews of this product. It was selling for $10.00. I think they have them at Walgreens. Don't whatever you do, order them from the website. They're more expensive there, and I have read that some people really got ripped off with S&H.

Anyway, I really like it!

Carla.. do you have course black Scottish old lady hair on your legs? I ask cause that's what I have, and I can't imagine those pads working on my gorilla hair!! :whistle:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline
:) I was thinking as I was getting ready for work today about why so glum chum today.. I think it's two things..

I'm not a raving Republican for sure.. very not who I am.. so it's not some trip of "we didn't win".. I just think both candidates were not the right fit for today.. If Joe Biden was the main event.. that probably would have changed things for me .. he seems more seasoned and realistic to me.. and touchable.

BUT.. that being said I think that I no longer hold politicians or any leader in a position that they will change anything.. I think it's not the solution to look to one man or one woman to "fix" anything.. I guess I just don't give politicians that much power in my life.. :)

Girl, you need a good girls night out. Or in. In any event, you need a girls night. Or a big hug.

Hugs.jpg

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree Em, no one politician, or indeed group of politicians can fix everything.

I am neither republican nor democrat and I never will be - I refuse to be pegged. I will vote for whomever I think will do the best job, regardless of party.

What I do think though is that however misguided people are, as in Sprailenes example, we can hope that for every 2 people who believe that there is at least one who doesn't.

The hopeful part (for me) is that it is necessary for Government to provide some solid foundation for the blocks to be set upon, for large scale change, whether it be feeding people or providing Universal Health Care.

Did the man who instigated UHC in Canada provide all the tools necessary, no, he provided an idea and a plan and people got behind him. I hope Obama (and the American Government), will provide some of those foundations to build on.

Filed: Timeline
Yesterday I was at Sally's getting some hair colour and came across an item called "Smooth Away". It's a pad system whereby you make circular motions with this sticky pad that has kind of a light sandpaper (?) :hehe: thing on the pad. Anyway, I used it, on my legs and it took away the hair. I've read good and bad reviews of this product. It was selling for $10.00. I think they have them at Walgreens. Don't whatever you do, order them from the website. They're more expensive there, and I have read that some people really got ripped off with S&H.

Anyway, I really like it!

Carla.. do you have course black Scottish old lady hair on your legs? I ask cause that's what I have, and I can't imagine those pads working on my gorilla hair!! :whistle:

:o

TMI!!! TMI!!!

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

:lol:

iagree.gif

Okay.

I found it.

The link of CNN and facebook to watch and comment (if you wish) live.

http://www.cnn.com/video/fb/facebook.html?stream=stream3

I need to unplug for a moment or two now and take a shower and make coffee and see what today will bring.

:star:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Emancipation- I must say, I don't have gorilla hair but I did recently try the Smooth Away pads on my quite hairy legs. I was letting it grow so I could get a wax. Anyway, I pressed a little too hard and while it didn't hurt while actually removing the hair, it felt like rug burn later! ~giggles~ It did an awesome job of getting rid of the hair, I was really impressed. I will remember next time to be a little more gentle though! :P

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline
Here's a live feed of the inauguration if you're not close to a TV:

Do not click on this link, Emancipation

funny funny.. I'll have you know that my boss has invited me over to his house to watch the inauguration with him & his wife :) AND I am going :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Okay, is it just me (on VJ) that is not thrilled with the narrow-minded dude that is going to be kicking off the speeches?

That religious guy...what'shisname.

Booooo!

Ooops...yes yes shower is calling....

Hee, hee.

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline
Okay, is it just me (on VJ) that is not thrilled with the narrow-minded dude that is going to be kicking off the speeches?

Booooo!

Rick Warren..

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Booooo!

Rick Warren..

I am not familiar with Rick's work, I shall go look him up.

Timeline

Rick Williams from channel 6 action news is a member at the club I work at and whenever he walks in I want to ask him to show me his serious news face. :lol:

He just walked in now. Shouldn't he be getting ready to go on at 12?? :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.