Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Yesterday I was at Sally's getting some hair colour and came across an item called "Smooth Away". It's a pad system whereby you make circular motions with this sticky pad that has kind of a light sandpaper (?) :hehe: thing on the pad. Anyway, I used it, on my legs and it took away the hair. I've read good and bad reviews of this product. It was selling for $10.00. I think they have them at Walgreens. Don't whatever you do, order them from the website. They're more expensive there, and I have read that some people really got ripped off with S&H.

Anyway, I really like it!

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yesterday I was at Sally's getting some hair colour and came across an item called "Smooth Away". It's a pad system whereby you make circular motions with this sticky pad that has kind of a light sandpaper (?) :hehe: thing on the pad. Anyway, I used it, on my legs and it took away the hair. I've read good and bad reviews of this product. It was selling for $10.00. I think they have them at Walgreens. Don't whatever you do, order them from the website. They're more expensive there, and I have read that some people really got ripped off with S&H.

Anyway, I really like it!

That's interesting to know Carla! I saw it on tv and read reviews on it too.

Does it hurt?

Gosh no, it doesn't hurt. I even did it on my face. It has small pads for the face. You can do it on your underarms as well. It's a very light abrasive. Your skin does look kind of gray after you do it on your legs. That's because you're exfoliating your skin as well. You put some cream on afterwards. You have to read the instructions. You have to do it in small circular motions, and not press too hard. It's kind of like sanding it off. :lol: I suppose it won't last too long, but it was nice to do on dry legs, without getting all mucked up with razors in the shower.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ahh I am so happy I didn't go! Did you guys see those crowds?? No thanks!

The hype of all of this confuses me... maybe its because in Canada we don't hype up our leaders, but they are treating him like he's some sort of rockstar. People have signs and stuff. Its tres strange.

Oh wow those crowds are insane.... They said on the news last night there were 5,000 porto-potties which meant 1 per 400 people.... NO thank you! I hate crowds and porto-potties.... My sister called me last night and said that she should have taken a few days off work and come down so we could take the train to DC together.... I said are you crazy? You couldn't pay me to go there! I am going to watch it on the telly where I am safe, warm and have a clean toilet!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Thanks for that coffee cup Carlawarla.

To see the Canadian national anthem today of all days seems quite apropos. :D

I just turned on NPR.

Guess what?

The next prez is getting sworn in and there are millions of people in Washington DC. :P

People could have comfortably witnessed it in groups in their homes, felt the energy, and not frozen.

Maybe people truly need a leader, a pope, a Ghandi, a Mandela, a Bono...hee, hee.

Maybe people need someone to be "doing good" so they don't have to.

They can continue pillaging, destroying, etc., and sleep well at night knowing that someone else is attempting to pick up the slack.

Ha!

Yes, the over-zealousness of celebrating a a politician is disconcerting to say the least.

And the commercial media speak about the one person going to fix everything...that is not possible.

Like I've said, it will take everyone to step up to the plate.

I am not bashing anyone.

I (too) am simply taken aback by the hoopla!

:unsure:

News flash: a reporter just spoke with an attendee and she said that she has had her green card for 8 years and she had never thought before of applying for citizenship; had never felt like the U.S. had been "her country". Now she does and will be applying.

There it is.

I hope you all get out of it what you are looking for.

Have a happy inauguration day.

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline
Ahh I am so happy I didn't go! Did you guys see those crowds?? No thanks!

The hype of all of this confuses me... maybe its because in Canada we don't hype up our leaders, but they are treating him like he's some sort of rockstar. People have signs and stuff. Its tres strange.

Oh wow those crowds are insane.... They said on the news last night there were 5,000 porto-potties which meant 1 per 400 people.... NO thank you! I hate crowds and porto-potties.... My sister called me last night and said that she should have taken a few days off work and come down so we could take the train to DC together.... I said are you crazy? You couldn't pay me to go there! I am going to watch it on the telly where I am safe, warm and have a clean toilet!!

The trains are packed! If you left now you'd be lucky to get on one they are saying. Imagine trying to get out of there??? My mom was telling me how theres busses of students from McGill going down as well as other universities.

Crazy.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
Gosh no, it doesn't hurt. I even did it on my face. It has small pads for the face. You can do it on your underarms as well. It's a very light abrasive. Your skin does look kind of gray after you do it on your legs. That's because you're exfoliating your skin as well. You put some cream on afterwards. You have to read the instructions. You have to do it in small circular motions, and not press too hard. It's kind of like sanding it off. :lol: I suppose it won't last too long, but it was nice to do on dry legs, without getting all mucked up with razors in the shower.

Oh wow. I always wondered if those things really worked. Hmmm. I might try them.

iagree.gif

All the way from McGill.

Wow.

I love that Canada has gotten swept up in the fun/frenzy as well. I find that so funny.

Look at this:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/obamasplaylist/

:lol:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

So I'm looking for somewhere to get a glimpse of it all on-line and I find this:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/01/16/inauguration.online/

"More than 2 million Americans lost their jobs last year, the stock market fell by almost 45 percent from its peak, and comparisons with the Great Depression are becoming disturbingly commonplace. But that isn't stopping Washington from throwing a $160 million party, the most lavish ever, for Barack Obama's presidential inauguration on Tuesday."

:o

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline
Thanks for that coffee cup Carlawarla.

To see the Canadian national anthem today of all days seems quite apropos. :D

I just turned on NPR.

Guess what?

The next prez is getting sworn in and there are millions of people in Washington DC. :P

People could have comfortably witnessed it in groups in their homes, felt the energy, and not frozen.

Maybe people truly need a leader, a pope, a Ghandi, a Mandela, a Bono...hee, hee.

Maybe people need someone to be "doing good" so they don't have to.

They can continue pillaging, destroying, etc., and sleep well at night knowing that someone else is attempting to pick up the slack.

Ha!

Yes, the over-zealousness of celebrating a a politician is disconcerting to say the least.

And the commercial media speak about the one person going to fix everything...that is not possible.

Like I've said, it will take everyone to step up to the plate.

I am not bashing anyone.

I (too) am simply taken aback by the hoopla!

:unsure:

News flash: a reporter just spoke with an attendee and she said that she has had her green card for 8 years and she had never thought before of applying for citizenship; had never felt like the U.S. had been "her country". Now she does and will be applying.

There it is.

I hope you all get out of it what you are looking for.

Have a happy inauguration day.

:star:

Its a lot of pressure to put on one man.

I think people are looking outside of themselves when they should be looking inside.

My BIL said: "We did our job now he has to do his.." Meaning he voted now he's finished.

No, you constantly have to work to many a community strong. You can't leave it all up to one man. You voted for him so you could work with him, because you agreed with his policies and ideas. Voting doesn't change what you are or where you live. You need to do that yourself.

I understand these are troubled times and things don't seem to be getting any better. People need someone to look up to, but if they are expecting him to do all the things he's promised, they are surely setting themselves up for dissapointment. One man can not change everything.

What will the people do I wonder....

So I'm looking for somewhere to get a glimpse of it all on-line and I find this:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/01/16/inauguration.online/

"More than 2 million Americans lost their jobs last year, the stock market fell by almost 45 percent from its peak, and comparisons with the Great Depression are becoming disturbingly commonplace. But that isn't stopping Washington from throwing a $160 million party, the most lavish ever, for Barack Obama's presidential inauguration on Tuesday."

:o

Stimulate. :wacko:

All the way from McGill.

Wow.

I love that Canada has gotten swept up in the fun/frenzy as well. I find that so funny.

Look at this:

The entire world has gotten swept up in the frenzy. I think aliens from the far corners of the Universe have also tuned in. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

All the way from McGill.

Wow.

Look at this:

I thought that was pretty cool until I tried to play the samples that don't work. :bonk:

Oh...I hadn't tried it.

Oops!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
All the way from McGill.

Wow.

Look at this:

I thought that was pretty cool until I tried to play the samples that don't work. :bonk:

Same! But then I went to listen on youtube and ended up listening to railroad trilogy from Canadian Idol and then some Kaylan Porter and now some Jann Arden :)

My BIL said: "We did our job now he has to do his.." Meaning he voted now he's finished.

No, you constantly have to work to many a community strong. You can't leave it all up to one man. You voted for him so you could work with him, because you agreed with his policies and ideas. Voting doesn't change what you are or where you live. You need to do that yourself.

The entire world has gotten swept up in the frenzy. I think aliens from the far corners of the Universe have also tuned in. :P

Exactly.

People are so misguided...they misguide themselves! Hahaha.

True!

That is why I wrote what I did...about people needing others to clean up the mess.

Yes, even aliens are tuned in.

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

:) I was thinking as I was getting ready for work today about why so glum chum today.. I think it's two things..

I'm not a raving Republican for sure.. very not who I am.. so it's not some trip of "we didn't win".. I just think both candidates were not the right fit for today.. If Joe Biden was the main event.. that probably would have changed things for me .. he seems more seasoned and realistic to me.. and touchable.

BUT.. that being said I think that I no longer hold politicians or any leader in a position that they will change anything.. I think it's not the solution to look to one man or one woman to "fix" anything.. I guess I just don't give politicians that much power in my life.. :)

thanks for listening.. that's the last of the rain for today I promise :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.