Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Good morning all! Here's some coffee to warm you up if you're cold. If you're not cold, it at least will get you moving!

mug-ceramic-anthem.jpg

Busy next few days before we leave on vacation. Laundry, packing, all those little things. :blink:

Enjoy your day!

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good point about the weeds SomberCat :lol:

Anyway, he did come by later to get paid and is coming back today to mow the back and weed the front gardens :thumbs:

It's inauguration day :)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone know of any way that my husband and I can share a banking account and/or an easy way to transfer funds between us? I can't add him to my accounts because he needs a stupid SSN before the bank will add him. :-(

flames9 should be here any moment - but lots of people use:

http://www.customhouse.com/

I use it, too! Works great. :thumbs:

hey Krikit, did you ever plant the flower seeds I sent you?

Not yet! I was waiting for Spring. We're expecting frost tonight..... going below freezing! :o:crying:

Trailmix, did your employee show up for his paycheck yet?

Carla, what day are you leaving?

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canada

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Inauguration day huh?

It's weird.. I'm not very excited.. perhaps it's just my jaded perception of politicians.. perhaps it's the reality of the situation.. I dunno.. I just don't see how this term will be any different than the other terms before it.. Sure.. it doesn't appear Obama has much of a tolerance for war and violence (which is a good thing), but spending... and waste... and patting his cronies on the back for a job well done?? I dunno.. that stuff is just not going to change.. (excuse me using the very overused word).. What does today really bring, other than the potential for a change.. I'm holding my breath I guess.. giving it time.. 2 years from now would be a better time to get all hyped up about change.. IMO.. not now..

Gah.. that was negative now wasn't it? :blink:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Inauguration day huh?

It's weird.. I'm not very excited.. perhaps it's just my jaded perception of politicians.. perhaps it's the reality of the situation.. I dunno.. I just don't see how this term will be any different than the other terms before it.. Sure.. it doesn't appear Obama has much of a tolerance for war and violence (which is a good thing), but spending... and waste... and patting his cronies on the back for a job well done?? I dunno.. that stuff is just not going to change.. (excuse me using the very overused word).. What does today really bring, other than the potential for a change.. I'm holding my breath I guess.. giving it time.. 2 years from now would be a better time to get all hyped up about change.. IMO.. not now..

Ohmygosh, I am terribly excited! This is my first presidential election and I'm absolutely thrilled about their pick. You mean..... not everyone thinks like me? :o

iagree.gif

Timeline
Ohmygosh, I am terribly excited! This is my first presidential election and I'm absolutely thrilled about their pick. You mean..... not everyone thinks like me? :o

:lol: yer funny.. of course not! and that's okay.. i'm thrilled that you are thrilled :) tee hee.. I just can't muster it up.. I will be thrilled if I'm wrong.. and Obama turns this nation around.. believe me.. I just don't see anything but razzle dazzle here, and I'm thinking that he can't possibly do all he's saying he's going to do (or not do).. and that the "change" he's talking about doesn't include radical political reform which is what this country needs.. in my humble outsider's opinion.

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
Inauguration day huh?

Yeah :lol:

Well, I look at it this way. I am happy Obama was elected. Do I realistically think he can make huge changes in a couple of years? Probably not really, simply because the system is so corrupt - however.

I was watching Oprah yesterday (I don't normally anymore) and they were talking about change - how that change begins with the person. I hope that this country turns itself around with the individual.

All that aside, while some downplay the damage that George Bush has done to this country - I was just thinking yesterday, he has been in office for 8 years - so - say you are 24 - 30 years old, your whole adult life (practically) you would have had George Bush as a president - that's huge and must have a huge impact on the country.

America used to be a great country, I hope it can be again. :)

I too am VERY thrilled about today! I have the TV on, and suspect it will be on most of the day. Unfortunately, I will be at my volunteer work during his speech, so I won't be able to hear it live.

I did want to mention that Gene took up Obama's call to service yesterday. He had the day off, so he went out to a park he regularly walks in during his break from work, and picked up trash and recycles. Took him 3 hours. He had 3 bags of trash and one of recyclables. I was so proud of him. :thumbs:

I leave Thursday morning ....early! :yes:

carlahmsb4.gif

The poor guy has a huge mess to clean up. I'm sure he's going to be hitting roadblocks the moment he steps into that office. I feel sad that it's going to age him because I'm sure it's not going to be easy.

I did want to mention that Gene took up Obama's call to service yesterday. He had the day off, so he went out to a park he regularly walks in during his break from work, and picked up trash and recycles. Took him 3 hours. He had 3 bags of trash and one of recyclables. I was so proud of him. :thumbs:

Wow. Good for Gene! That is awesome. I feel bad now. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Awe very nice Carla!! :) that's a great thing indeed.> i didn't even realize that service was part of yesterday till half way through the day.. that woulda been a nice thing to do had I realized it :)

And.. I do agree Trailmixy that it does start with one.. and I agree wholeheartedly that we need change.. I just don't see it in Obama.. I think others see him differently than I do.. I just see a really really good speaker, someone who can really inspire through words.. but actions? I'm not sure.. time will tell of course.. and of course I hope that I am proven wrong.. really wrong :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Awe very nice Carla!! :) that's a great thing indeed.> i didn't even realize that service was part of yesterday till half way through the day.. that woulda been a nice thing to do had I realized it :)

And.. I do agree Trailmixy that it does start with one.. and I agree wholeheartedly that we need change.. I just don't see it in Obama.. I think others see him differently than I do.. I just see a really really good speaker, someone who can really inspire through words.. but actions? I'm not sure.. time will tell of course.. and of course I hope that I am proven wrong.. really wrong :)

Oh wow, that is interesting Em - I didn't realize that is how you saw him!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Ahh I am so happy I didn't go! Did you guys see those crowds?? No thanks!

The hype of all of this confuses me... maybe its because in Canada we don't hype up our leaders, but they are treating him like he's some sort of rockstar. People have signs and stuff. Its tres strange.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

The hype of all of this confuses me... maybe its because in Canada we don't hype up our leaders, but they are treating him like he's some sort of rockstar. People have signs and stuff. Its tres strange.

You know what's even stranger? That people would treat rockstars like that. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

You know what's even stranger? That people would treat rockstars like that. :lol:

True! But for some reason I can grasp that more than treating a politician like that.

I guess there has been a lot of ####### here for the past 8 years and people are happy that someone new is going to inherit that #######. Personally, I feel sorry for the poor guy. I am happy Obama won, I would have rather had Kucinich but Obama is good too. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.