Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:lol:

I have my own weed vent. In fact, I took a picture of them to send as proof of my annoyance. We have a lawn service and they are annoying me at the moment. I do not feel I should have to supervise them. That's what their supervisor is for. If I have to do it then I want to be paid for it.

Wooooot a weed fest free for all in Off topic Canada forum :dance:

Yeah, would it not be great if these people would pay us for doing their work! (be it lawn folks or banks)

This is the first time this kid has done our lawn, but i'm going to ask him whether he does weeding or not.

I almost asked you if he shovels snow, too, but that would be silly. :lol: (I was just looking at the snow in Canada and my parents had mentioned the guy who shovels their snow so I guess I had snow-shovelling on the brain.)

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flames, you crack me up.

Yes, I love music...and the iPod just rocks...well actually (huge blush here) I also have the iPhone and so now i have music on two iThingies.

Hahaha!

Books as well...i love listening to my favourite books whilst I travel on public transit or walk...although some authors like Oriah Mountain Dreamer make me cry in public sometimes.

NIA stands for Neuromuscular Integrated Action, however it seems like they no longer want to talk about what it stands for and simply call it Nia.

It is really a lot of loose, free dancing...movements to being guided somewhat...at times very guided at other times really letting go and flowting about the room and connecting with others through smiling and laughing. It's really great!!!

There are some Youtube videos on it...the one with the founders (the Rosas) are good...still not quite what it is...it is really hard to describe to people.

It truly is.

I for one do not like the words: diet nor exercise.

They have a negative energy to them.

And so, anything fun and where you are learning is for me...although some things I have done have been brutal!! Challenging.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
Flames, you crack me up.

Yes, I love music...and the iPod just rocks...well actually (huge blush here) I also have the iPhone and so now i have music on two iThingies.

Hahaha!

Books as well...i love listening to my favourite books whilst I travel on public transit or walk...although some authors like Oriah Mountain Dreamer make me cry in public sometimes.

NIA stands for Neuromuscular Integrated Action, however it seems like they no longer want to talk about what it stands for and simply call it Nia.

It is really a lot of loose, free dancing...movements to being guided somewhat...at times very guided at other times really letting go and flowting about the room and connecting with others through smiling and laughing. It's really great!!!

There are some Youtube videos on it...the one with the founders (the Rosas) are good...still not quite what it is...it is really hard to describe to people.

It truly is.

I for one do not like the words: diet nor exercise.

They have a negative energy to them.

And so, anything fun and where you are learning is for me...although some things I have done have been brutal!! Challenging.

:star:

I looked up Nia on the Internet and found one in my city. It looks like a lot of fun. But the classes are not really at convenient times for me. :-(

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Toronto Invades Columbus Part 2!

Im excited. I just found out that my brother and a bus load of his friends are going to be going down to Columbus again for another Toronto FC Game against Columbus Crew. It was this road trip last year that gave our relationship the boost we needed to get where we are today :D

To make matters 59832095823 times as better, the hotel they booked is 1.2 miles away from BB's House! I love partying with Toronto peeps! Especially Soccer Hooligans!! And even better, at my home away from home!

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Filed: Timeline
Toronto Invades Columbus Part 2!

Im excited. I just found out that my brother and a bus load of his friends are going to be going down to Columbus again for another Toronto FC Game against Columbus Crew. It was this road trip last year that gave our relationship the boost we needed to get where we are today :D

To make matters 59832095823 times as better, the hotel they booked is 1.2 miles away from BB's House! I love partying with Toronto peeps! Especially Soccer Hooligans!! And even better, at my home away from home!

Whoot! Have fun!

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So the teen who is going to mow our lawn showed up early today (he had said he would come after school, probably forgetting he had the day off) - so that's nice, I see him out front mowing, so I open the gate to the back yard and figure he will come and see me when he is done.

Well he finished the front lawn and left. :blink:

So then I thought, oh well maybe he thought I wasn't home, so he will come back at the 'after school' time to do the backyard and get paid - still no sign of him.

Timeline

Does anyone know of any way that my husband and I can share a banking account and/or an easy way to transfer funds between us? I can't add him to my accounts because he needs a stupid SSN before the bank will add him. :-(

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline
That is weird. Maybe he thinks he's on salary. :lol:

Does anyone know of any way that my husband and I can share a banking account and/or an easy way to transfer funds between us? I can't add him to my accounts because he needs a stupid SSN before the bank will add him. :-(

flames9 should be here any moment - but lots of people use:

http://www.customhouse.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
That is weird. Maybe he thinks he's on salary. :lol:

flames9 should be here any moment - but lots of people use:

http://www.customhouse.com/

Yes, customhouse rocks and it's free!! :thumbs:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So the teen who is going to mow our lawn showed up early today (he had said he would come after school, probably forgetting he had the day off) - so that's nice, I see him out front mowing, so I open the gate to the back yard and figure he will come and see me when he is done.

Well he finished the front lawn and left. :blink:

So then I thought, oh well maybe he thought I wasn't home, so he will come back at the 'after school' time to do the backyard and get paid - still no sign of him.

I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am of your weeds as I am buried up to my a$$ in snow. I am jealous, jealous, jealous. :crying: I won't get to complain about my weeds until at least May, maybe June.

Timeline

Yep Customhouse is the way to go!! Takes a bit to set up, but the service you get is top notch!! They have a secure email server, so you can scan and send in the required information which speeds it up! First thing you do is sign up online, then you have to send in something to verify it is YOU, ie photo of ur drivers license, passport, etc, they will tell you what they want. As well one has to send in your banking information, and they will do a quick telephone interview, they will call you at a time window you provided when you initially signed up!! Really doesn't take that long, if you can scan, then email. You can fax it in as well, or send i via snail mail! Nothing bad to say about CH, always have provided excellent service, and very good exchange rates, and its FREE if you do it Electronically (EFT). They do have a wire service,but there is a fee! And to do a $$$$ transaction it is very easy, and they are more than happy to help u over the phone, take u by ur hand and go through the steps with ya. And when u start the transaction, you wil see the rate they are offering, if ya don't like it, you just cancel, OR hit refresh button (which is by the rate posted), the rate may get slightly better, stay the same, or worsen, so almost like ur now in Los Vegas,lol. Info required from the banks, is your banks transit #, acct #, banks address, this of course is required for both banks!! Sounds like a lot, but is very simple. best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Yep Customhouse is the way to go!! Takes a bit to set up, but the service you get is top notch!! They have a secure email server, so you can scan and send in the required information which speeds it up! First thing you do is sign up online, then you have to send in something to verify it is YOU, ie photo of ur drivers license, passport, etc, they will tell you what they want. As well one has to send in your banking information, and they will do a quick telephone interview, they will call you at a time window you provided when you initially signed up!! Really doesn't take that long, if you can scan, then email. You can fax it in as well, or send i via snail mail! Nothing bad to say about CH, always have provided excellent service, and very good exchange rates, and its FREE if you do it Electronically (EFT). They do have a wire service,but there is a fee! And to do a $$$$ transaction it is very easy, and they are more than happy to help u over the phone, take u by ur hand and go through the steps with ya. And when u start the transaction, you wil see the rate they are offering, if ya don't like it, you just cancel, OR hit refresh button (which is by the rate posted), the rate may get slightly better, stay the same, or worsen, so almost like ur now in Los Vegas,lol. Info required from the banks, is your banks transit #, acct #, banks address, this of course is required for both banks!! Sounds like a lot, but is very simple. best of luck

Thanks everyone, I will check it out. (F)

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.