Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone, here's the coffee

2937935711_65d70e60a4.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the coffee... what is that design on the top of that coffee supposed to be??? It looks like a ghost pole dancing.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
yay I just bought my elliptical! Its a nordictrack ASR1000 and you can even play video games on it while you work out! :lol:

That's awesome! I don't know what it is about the elliptical, I have such a hard time on it. I can't go longer than 10-15 minutes tops on it, I feel so tired and my legs burn, does it get easier the more you do it? It's definitely the most challenging piece of workout equipment at the gym for me.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
yay I just bought my elliptical! Its a nordictrack ASR1000 and you can even play video games on it while you work out! :lol:

That's awesome! I don't know what it is about the elliptical, I have such a hard time on it. I can't go longer than 10-15 minutes tops on it, I feel so tired and my legs burn, does it get easier the more you do it? It's definitely the most challenging piece of workout equipment at the gym for me.

Yes it does. It is, in my opinion, the best work out machine there is. But it does get easier as you go along, I am really out of shape, so I can do about 15-20 minutes. But I remember when I would work out in Canada I would be on the elliptical for 45 minutes. So I figure I just need to work up a tolerance.

I love it though, now only if I can convince my son that its not a theme park ride nor a toy. :wacko:

Donne moi une poptart!

After my muscles have gone dormant I wake them all up at once with an intensive event:

NIA!!!

I went to a special class yesterday with the founders of NIA who were invited to share their teachings in Chicago.

They are on a world "Spirit Tour".

I love it!

They use my name...hahaha!

Oops digressions...

the class: it is amazing. A melange of dance, yoga, martial arts and general playfulness and love.

It is fun and it is not serious.

The music: fun!

The moves: easy and fun!

FUN!!!

It is a mind blower when comparing it to exercise classes as it is suited to all and you do what you can.

It unlocks blocks in one's body, mind and spirit.

I have seen people cry in classes (not that I have done many...I love to observe people).

It was so fantastic that when I left, I fired up the iPod and was singing and dancing all the way to the grocery store, through my shopping and to the potluck I was heading to afterwards. I could not stop smiling. I hardly felt the brilliantly sunny cold.

People flirted with me everywhere and I flirted back!

Wow!

That is always good for one's well-being.

The founders spoke with us before and after and what they had to say was so sweet and loving and connected.

I liked them instantly.

What they have spread around has been so healing.

And the room had great synergy....so many wonder-full people brought together...over 100 from all over yesterday.

The founders have been doing this for 25 years and they have teachers in 30 countries. Pretty cool.

I see this and I wonder to myself: why didn't I "invent" this?

Hee, hee.

It is so me!

Many people there asked me where I teach. I told them this was my 3rd time ever at a NIA event/class.

I need to get my act together.

I have been dormant for too long...researching, learning, observing....it's time for some solid ACTION!

Can you feel the inspiration???

:star: :star: :star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

BTW Emancipation (I see you are on at the moment), I forgot to tell you that I did reread your post and had not noticed anything being different because you were speaking my language...and so...

Just like great typography you won't really notice it unless something is not working.

Cooking too.

Hee hee.

I loved that you may be being influenced to the Light Side.

:dance:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

WHAT????????? YOU of al people have an IPOD!!! lol Glad the class as enjoyable!!

After my muscles have gone dormant I wake them all up at once with an intensive event:

NIA!!!

I went to a special class yesterday with the founders of NIA who were invited to share their teachings in Chicago.

I love it!

Oops digressions...

the class: it is amazing. A melange of dance, yoga, martial arts and general playfulness and love.

FUN!!!

It is a mind blower when comparing it to exercise classes as it is suited to all and you do what you can.

I have seen people cry in classes (not that I have done many...I love to observe people).

It was so fantastic that when I left, I fired up the iPod and was singing and dancing all the way to the grocery store, through my shopping and to the potluck I was heading to afterwards. I could not stop smiling. I hardly felt the brilliantly sunny cold.

Wow!

The founders spoke with us before and after and what they had to say was so sweet and loving and connected.

I liked them instantly.

And the room had great synergy....so many wonder-full people brought together...over 100 from all over yesterday.

The founders have been doing this for 25 years and they have teachers in 30 countries. Pretty cool.

Hee, hee.

It is so me!

Many people there asked me where I teach. I told them this was my 3rd time ever at a NIA event/class.

I have been dormant for too long...researching, learning, observing....it's time for some solid ACTION!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
BTW Emancipation (I see you are on at the moment), I forgot to tell you that I did reread your post and had not noticed anything being different because you were speaking my language...and so...

Just like great typography you won't really notice it unless something is not working.

Cooking too.

Hee hee.

I loved that you may be being influenced to the Light Side.

:dance:

:lol: It's all in one's perception my friend lol!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Of course!

:D

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

It's funny you mentioned gardening. Basically I am the 'non-gardener' - I do not like to do plant things outside - no-no-no.

However, we have hired a local kid to cut the grass and he is coming today after school - I use the term 'grass' loosely - a more accurate term would be 'trim the weeds'.

So I just sauntered out and pulled all the weeds at the back of the house (ie from the house out about 2-3 feet) - well half, I had already done the other half.

Here is the thing - the last people who lived here, apparently, collected trash in the yard, lots and lots and lots. This yard is basically sand and about 80% weeds.

So she had told me they used a herbicide by the edge of the house - and it was all clean when we moved in, in October - however, as those of you who have ever used a herbicide will know - they don't really work for any period of time - if at all. So there I am pulling weeds - and I have to admit I resent it a bit.

It's one thing to weed a garden that has had any kind of attention - it's another to look after someones weed filled - area.

Should this have been in the vent thread? Can I get another waiver krikit? :hehe:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

NIA!!!

I love it!

Oops digressions...

FUN!!!

Wow!

I liked them instantly.

Hee, hee.

It is so me!

What does NIA stand for?

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Timeline
It's funny you mentioned gardening. Basically I am the 'non-gardener' - I do not like to do plant things outside - no-no-no.

However, we have hired a local kid to cut the grass and he is coming today after school - I use the term 'grass' loosely - a more accurate term would be 'trim the weeds'.

So I just sauntered out and pulled all the weeds at the back of the house (ie from the house out about 2-3 feet) - well half, I had already done the other half.

Here is the thing - the last people who lived here, apparently, collected trash in the yard, lots and lots and lots. This yard is basically sand and about 80% weeds.

So she had told me they used a herbicide by the edge of the house - and it was all clean when we moved in, in October - however, as those of you who have ever used a herbicide will know - they don't really work for any period of time - if at all. So there I am pulling weeds - and I have to admit I resent it a bit.

It's one thing to weed a garden that has had any kind of attention - it's another to look after someones weed filled - area.

Should this have been in the vent thread? Can I get another waiver krikit? :hehe:

:lol:

I have my own weed vent. In fact, I took a picture of them to send as proof of my annoyance. We have a lawn service and they are annoying me at the moment. I do not feel I should have to supervise them. That's what their supervisor is for. If I have to do it then I want to be paid for it.

iagree.gif

Timeline
:lol:

I have my own weed vent. In fact, I took a picture of them to send as proof of my annoyance. We have a lawn service and they are annoying me at the moment. I do not feel I should have to supervise them. That's what their supervisor is for. If I have to do it then I want to be paid for it.

Wooooot a weed fest free for all in Off topic Canada forum :dance:

Yeah, would it not be great if these people would pay us for doing their work! (be it lawn folks or banks)

This is the first time this kid has done our lawn, but i'm going to ask him whether he does weeding or not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.