Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

So my daugher called, all excited, to tell me she had won a bunch of money at the Blackjack table in Vegas. She and her fiancé had gone with 10 of their friends for a 30th birthday surprise. So after we hung up I went to the local grocery store to pick up some items and saw a sale on Butterfingers. When I got to the checkout it didn't ring up as the sale price so I said "Oh. Those were marked on sale. But that's okay. It's only 6 cents so don't worry about it." But the cashier wanted to verify it and ended up refunding the full amount of the item and then gave me the item for free as well! Store policy. :o:dance:

And so ends the tale of two generations. My daughter is chuffed that she won the cost of her trip and I am chuffed that I got a free Butterfinger. Oh, how my expectations have been lowered throughout the years. <_<

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So my daugher called, all excited, to tell me she had won a bunch of money at the Blackjack table in Vegas. She and her fiancé had gone with 10 of their friends for a 30th birthday surprise. So after we hung up I went to the local grocery store to pick up some items and saw a sale on Butterfingers. When I got to the checkout it didn't ring up as the sale price so I said "Oh. Those were marked on sale. But that's okay. It's only 6 cents so don't worry about it." But the cashier wanted to verify it and ended up refunding the full amount of the item and then gave me the item for free as well! Store policy. :o:dance:

And so ends the tale of two generations. My daughter is chuffed that she won the cost of her trip and I am chuffed that I got a free Butterfinger. Oh, how my expectations have been lowered throughout the years. <_<

:lol:

Timeline

:lol::lol:

Ever had a moment when you get deja vu? What is it about this poster, and this question that reminds me of the SAME person asking similar questions here in the Canada Forum last year? I reviewed their profile and they've not posted before? I did a member search and didn't see a similar name. I believe he posted prior to visiting in the US. Am I going crazy?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172360

Can someone have an account from April 2008 and never post? Can they have their account closed, then reactivated with no recording of previous history of posts?

Maybe it's me....but dang I'm sure I remember this poster!

Actually Carla - I just spotted another person posting that I haven't seen in months and months - went to look at their profile - no topics - no posts!!

However, upon looking a bit further, I found that the tabs for 'view topics' and 'view posts' are not working, you actually have to use the little drop down menu under their name and choose 'find members topics' (or posts) to see them. weird.

Ever had a moment when you get deja vu? What is it about this poster, and this question that reminds me of the SAME person asking similar questions here in the Canada Forum last year? I reviewed their profile and they've not posted before? I did a member search and didn't see a similar name. I believe he posted prior to visiting in the US. Am I going crazy?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172360

Can someone have an account from April 2008 and never post? Can they have their account closed, then reactivated with no recording of previous history of posts?

Maybe it's me....but dang I'm sure I remember this poster!

Yes, you remember him. Here is the link to most of his previous posts - not all because I know there is at least one to which I responded (about moving his car and registering it in Henry County, GA which is where I live and I responded with the information!) that isn't in this list. Regardless, you can see that he has had the intention of marrying for quite some time, long before he planned this trip to Georgia - and asking about things like K-1 and IR-1 visas and how to get married in a in a Catholic Church and where to go to get a marriage license, and how to stay longer in the US than 6 months and does he need a passport and such.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ghlite=%2Bfeejo

Pheww! Thanks guys! I didn't know that trailmix about the drop down boxes. I was SURE I'd seen the posting somewhere else once upon a time. Guess my memory isn't all THAT bad. Kathryn, you remember more than me! Thanks for helping out you two! :lol:

Well, it's the coldest day since 1999 here. 0 degrees here this morning. Actually when I went out to get the paper I didn't find it that bad at all. No wind I'm thinking is the key. Wind can make 30 degrees seem like 0! :hehe:

Either way, it's nice to have a hot cup of coffee to start the day!

coffee_02_bg_040306.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the coffee is much appreciated, it's snowing outside! this wasn't on my weather report! :angry:

happy friday everyone :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Friday? YEAH!! And I have Monday off!! :dance: Yipee!!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Hope Charles isn't too disappointed when he realizes it's Thursday.

Good morning all :)

There was a song on VH1 just now, i'm listening to it thinking, wow that sounds like that other group - couldnt remember the name, anyway, it was the Killers - haven't heard from them in a few years. Good song.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Was posting their video above, but oh well.

Anyway, this is one of their older songs, I like this.

Ahh Brandon Flowers... I have torrid rock star fantasies about that man. :P

I like the killers a lot, you should hear their new album. Its really different but upbeat.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Ahh Brandon Flowers... I have torrid rock star fantasies about that man. :P

I like the killers a lot, you should hear their new album. Its really different but upbeat.

Yeah, one of the songs from the new album was on VH1 this morning - it is good :thumbs:

Hope Charles isn't too disappointed when he realizes it's Thursday.

Good morning all :)

There was a song on VH1 just now, i'm listening to it thinking, wow that sounds like that other group - couldnt remember the name, anyway, it was the Killers - haven't heard from them in a few years. Good song.

That made my day! Hilarious! :lol::lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

WOW what store was that? I've never had that happen to me. "Chuffed" is a new word to me. What does it mean? :blush:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.