Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone. Went to Canada over the weekend to see my hubby. I finally got to try poutine. :-) Is there anything else uniquely Canadian I should try on my next visit? :star:

A beaver tail!!

Beaver tail? Is that like a bear's claw (a sugar coated pastry with almonds)? LOL

It's like deep fried pastry, sprinkled with a variety of choices.... for example, cinnamon sugar is the traditional BT flavour, it's shaped like a beaver tail!

It reminds me of my childhood, skating on the Rideau Canal and stopping for BT and hot cocoa !!

Hi everyone. Went to Canada over the weekend to see my hubby. I finally got to try poutine. :-) Is there anything else uniquely Canadian I should try on my next visit? :star:

Where in Canada is he?

He's in Ottawa.

Then i second the beaver tail on the Rideau Canal!! :)

mmmmmmm :) And make sure you have ketchup chips.. and nanaimo squares.

Don't forget dill pickle chips, those are sooo goooooddddddd!!

I found some dill pickle flavored pringles a few weeks ago. They were pretty good.

whoa deja vu... so did jill!!

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Oh yes indeed I did! That's too funny. I was sad I couldn't get dill pickle chips here :( and voila, one day I found dill pickle pringles and did a happy dance :dance:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Go and see the cats on Parliament Hill. There is a feral cat colony made up of all sorts of boxes and houses on the hillside behind the Parliament buildings. Quite a number of cats live there year round and are a big visitor attraction. There is a regular caretaker who feeds them every day and people aren't allowed to get near them. They have all been neutered and vaccinated and are healthy. It is really neat to see. You should take a tour of the Parliament buildings as well - very interesting.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Good Morning from chilly St. Louis! Ugh! It's 3 degrees F right now...(-16C) coldest day on record! I don't know that I'm going for a walk today. We'll see. :hehe: Everyone needs to warm up today, I even see the lows and highs in Flordia aren't that toasty this morning! That Florida weather better be nicer starting next week when I'm there!

020_coffee2.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Good Morning from chilly St. Louis! Ugh! It's 3 degrees F right now...(-16C) coldest day on record! I don't know that I'm going for a walk today. We'll see. :hehe: Everyone needs to warm up today, I even see the lows and highs in Flordia aren't that toasty this morning! That Florida weather better be nicer starting next week when I'm there!

Good morning, Carla. We're expecting another week of cold weather here in sunny Fla. post-21394-1232024003.gif Hopefully, you're arriving at the end of that. At least there's no snow. :P

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oooo coffee! it's 2 degrees here. 2!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
You should take a tour of the Parliament buildings as well - very interesting.

The library... I loved the library.. so beautiful.

Morning all.. chilly snowy day here in CT!! (I'll post in the weather thread so as not to upset the Off Thread Police ) :lol:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Morning all.. chilly snowy day here in CT!! (I'll post in the weather thread so as not to upset the Off Thread Police ) :lol:

:lol:

I almost said something!!!! :blush:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I almost said something!!!! :blush:

The rulez is there for a reason!

(what is that reason?)

Good morning all!

Timeline
Yeesh. VJ keeps running slow on me. I think I'm going to call it a day. Or at least an hour. :lol:

Have a great day, everyone! :energy:

Yeah it was doing that on and off for me too - but it seems to be fine now, so come on back!

Moving this to the appropriate forum: Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits.

Krikit.. u have special powers now I see :unsure: I'm going to be nice from now on!!! :whistle:

I've been an organizer for a year or more now. Did you just notice? :lol:

(Sorry I didn't respond in that thread and brought it over here. I didn't want to clutter it up anymore than it already was. Poor guy probably feels bad enough without reading a bunch of jokes from us Canaliens. LOL)

iagree.gif

Timeline
Moving this to the appropriate forum: Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits.

Krikit.. u have special powers now I see :unsure: I'm going to be nice from now on!!! :whistle:

(Sorry I didn't respond in that thread and brought it over here. I didn't want to clutter it up anymore than it already was. Poor guy probably feels bad enough without reading a bunch of jokes from us Canaliens. LOL)

OMG that poor guy has the worst divorce thread ever - and the funniest!!

OMG that poor guy has the worst divorce thread ever - and the funniest!!

:lol::lol::lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol: I've been um busy? :help:

tee hee.. I guess you do'nt use your special powers very often maybe? I dunno.. I'm not very bright! :yes:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.