Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

True... but with 8 kids I could see that being hard. I mean their youngest kids are only 4 or 5.

Still even if you make time for each other, I just think it's natural for the kids to come before a marriage.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I can't believe they've been actually apart for 2 years.... That is what is states in the divorce documents. So when they went to Hawaii last year to "renew their vows" it was a complete sham, just so they could milk a free trip to Hawaii. When they renewed their vows they were already seperated, I think I just lost all respect that I had for them

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Timeline
I can't believe they've been actually apart for 2 years.... That is what is states in the divorce documents. So when they went to Hawaii last year to "renew their vows" it was a complete sham, just so they could milk a free trip to Hawaii. When they renewed their vows they were already seperated, I think I just lost all respect that I had for them

Are you sure the Hawaii trip wasn't before the separation? It does take a while between filming and airing. Also, if they were basically living separate lives but still "together" the official date of separation can be based on that date as opposed to the filing date or the moving out date.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

Are you sure the Hawaii trip wasn't before the separation? It does take a while between filming and airing. Also, if they were basically living separate lives but still "together" the official date of separation can be based on that date as opposed to the filing date or the moving out date.

Yeah the Hawaii trip was last year, and they started living apart 2 years ago (living in seperate bedrooms, having problems). So the official date of separation was before they renewed their vows.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Timeline

Yeah the Hawaii trip was last year, and they started living apart 2 years ago (living in seperate bedrooms, having problems). So the official date of separation was before they renewed their vows.

Maybe they were hopeful it would rekindle the relationship.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

maybe they thought renewing their vows would help them reconnect...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Maybe they were hopeful it would rekindle the relationship.

Or they wanted to take advantage of the free trip to Hawaii, all expenses paid by TLC :P

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

so I am finally going to renew my passport.. mine expired November 2007... I want to go to Canada for Christmas so I really need to get my passport..

I have a few questions though.. it says you need proof of Canadian citizenship which I assume is your birth certificate but then it says they don't want copies.. so I have to send int he original but I do get that back right?

also I got one of those "Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor" forms.. does anybody have nay experience using this form.. it mentions that this form could delay the processing of the passport.. but I don't really now anybody that could be a guarantor for me.. :unsure:

and also it says you need to include any passport you have gotten within the last 5 years.. mine is 7 years so I guess I don't have to send it in? :unsure:

why can't they make this process easier? :wacko: hubby needs a passport too but all he has to do is fill out a form and take it to a post office that handles passports.. they take the pictures there and he just gives them the form and the money and a few weeks later you get a passport that is good for 10 years :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't know why. They both entered the marriage with good intentions and they gave it their all.

I think the fame did them in, I think her control did them in, his passiveness did them in and a bunch of other factors we will probably never know. For two years they were probably hoping something good would happen. I think two years is a long time to let something like that go.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't know why. They both entered the marriage with good intentions and they gave it their all.

I think the fame did them in, I think her control did them in, his passiveness did them in and a bunch of other factors we will probably never know. For two years they were probably hoping something good would happen. I think two years is a long time to let something like that go.

I can just imagine her eHarmony profile. :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

She is controlling and he is pretty passive. There are lots of couples like that - that do just fine. Probably when you have 8 children it magnifies it, because you have to be so organized and in control all the time to keep things running smoothly.

Timeline

yeah it is crazy.. I was just looking over the US form and there are just basic questions on there.. parents names and where they were born, current job , eye colour, hair colour, height and not much else :blink:

the Canadian one asks for references, job history etc :blink:

Marilyn, they will return all your originals to you. Can't answer your statutory declaration question, though. And I know what you mean about the American passport procedure. I can't believe how simple it is. Especially knowing the ####### we go through with immigration. :lol:
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.