Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
morning all!! so... got a letter from Sears Canada (aka Chase) credit card yesterday saying that it had come to their attention that I had been out of the country for a while (um 2.5 yrs now)... and they were closing my sears card in canada.. :lol:

:blink:

Sears Canada has had my new address for almost 3 years now. They haven't once mentioned that they were closing my account or that I couldn't have it. :unsure:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
morning all!! so... got a letter from Sears Canada (aka Chase) credit card yesterday saying that it had come to their attention that I had been out of the country for a while (um 2.5 yrs now)... and they were closing my sears card in canada.. :lol:

:blink:

Sears Canada has had my new address for almost 3 years now. They haven't once mentioned that they were closing my account or that I couldn't have it. :unsure:

yeah strange huh? Someone must be on the look out for deserters though :) They said it would be closed in 30 days.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
:blink: so i'm reading the stuff about John & Kate & the break down of their marriage and I hear them say over and over and over again.. "Our kids are still our number one priority.".. and I'm thinking.. perhaps this is why you are in the situation you are in? Cause you didn't put your marriage first? hmmm?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I PASSED MY DRIVER"S TEST TODAY!!! I was so excited when I heard I passed, because I failed last week, and the lady at the front desk has treated me rudely both times, so just the fact alone that I won't have to deal with her again has me wanting to do cartwheels :dance:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
:blink: so i'm reading the stuff about John & Kate & the break down of their marriage and I hear them say over and over and over again.. "Our kids are still our number one priority.".. and I'm thinking.. perhaps this is why you are in the situation you are in? Cause you didn't put your marriage first? hmmm?

Congratulations Misty!

When I hear Jon and Kate say that, I just think it's a convenient way of not saying what they really think of each other.

Timeline

Congratulations Misty!

When I hear Jon and Kate say that, I just think it's a convenient way of not saying what they really think of each other.

Congrats, Misty.

It appears that Jon is having a mid life crises because he got married young and had many kids young. Now he wants to live like a young adult again. I understand that. I also think he was a very controlled guy but you know....what I don't understand is that you had two children. Now, after those two kids...I'm sure Kate was who she was then as well. Why have MORE children? I really don't feel like people all of a sudden change who they are overnight. If kate was controlling and bossy, like he says, that didn't happen 6 months ago.

I feel for both of them...although they are just another family going through divorce like many out there. They've made a lot of money off their show and so I guess my sympathy only goes so far.

I read today that filming has actually stopped and there will be no new episodes at this point. Next week's episode is just going to be a montage of memories, which will be new, but that's it. They were supposed to have 44 episodes but I'm pretty sure that might be in jeopardy now. They really shouldn't be falling apart on tv like this. They don't like the media following them but they are airing their laundry to millions weekly. Sort of an oxymoron.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
I PASSED MY DRIVER"S TEST TODAY!!! I was so excited when I heard I passed, because I failed last week, and the lady at the front desk has treated me rudely both times, so just the fact alone that I won't have to deal with her again has me wanting to do cartwheels :dance:

Congratulations! It's a good feeling isn't it?

~ Catherine

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So today through Goldstar.com I found out that they are doing Shakespeare in the Park - "As you like it".. I really want to go but not sure my hubby would enjoy it.. but I do go to his baseball games all the time :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
So today through Goldstar.com I found out that they are doing Shakespeare in the Park - "As you like it".. I really want to go but not sure my hubby would enjoy it.. but I do go to his baseball games all the time :P

FANTASTIC! One of my favourite things is to see Shakespeare performed live. drag him!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i think he would like it.. "As you like it" is quite funny...

yeah I have seen a few Shakespeare plays live.. i love it.... I have seen Romeo & Juliet and The Tempest..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

When you have kids though, your marriage doesn't come first anymore.

Once you have kids it's a whole new ball game.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
When you have kids though, your marriage doesn't come first anymore.

Once you have kids it's a whole new ball game.

That's a good point, really both parents tend to focus on the child or children, that seems pretty normal to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.