5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
You've lived in Singapore!? :o

Yes! For about 8 years, while I was growing up - lived there at 2 different times - first time we went there for about 2 - 3 years, which is when I attended that RAF school - then again for around 5 years or so, I went to an American School that time.

Oh and here is the durango - Mike and the car salesman were just here and we took it for a little spin. Seems quite comfortable. The strange thing, since i'm used to being in a car instead of an SUV, is that the window area is much smaller - not a big deal, just different.

durango.jpg

Happy Fathers Dayy!

HAPPY CALGARY STAMPEDE IN 2 WEEKS. ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING. FINALLY HAVE SOMEONE TO GO WITH.

So you are from Calgary BerandTer - if I knew that I had forgotten!

So, you are finding the Calgary job market to be quite slow at the moment?

WHOA! That is sooo cool! You sure got out and travelled a lot! lucky gal!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So you are from Calgary BerandTer - if I knew that I had forgotten!

So, you are finding the Calgary job market to be quite slow at the moment?

I find that it's quite slow at the moment, there is nothing open and whatever is open, the spot is filled quickly and generally the person is over qualified. It's just terrible, and no offense to anyone, but it upsets me when people who can barely speak english are taking jobs from people that speak fluently. I used to shop at this safeway and I witnessed so many customers going off on the employees because there was a GIANT language gap. Sigh.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline
Not quite sure what we're doing today. I think my husband expects me to take him out somewhere..... even though my kids are grown. WTH? :bonk: He's not MY father. :lol: Mind you, I do get Mother's Day presents from him. *sigh* I'm not used to having a partner who celebrates every Hallmark occasion. icon2.gif

I wonder about this too.. need to go ask hubby.. i don't buy him a father's day gift.. or treat him special like today.. but should I? His kids *ie. his ex wife sure won't).. :unsure:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Father's day is a weird occasion for me. I'm not close to my dad, but feel guilty if I don't at least call for Father's Day. Even though I don't usually call him for 3-4 months at a time. Not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way. I start to feel guilty when Chris asks if I at least send him a card or bought him a gift. Then he details all the efforts he's went through for his father. I dunno. Father's Day is hard for me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canadians

lait_coffee.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

So I went to go see the movie "The Proposal" yesterday with stars Sandra Bullock and Ryan Renolds, I am a sucker for a movie with Sandra Bullock. It was actually funny and of course found myself to be the ONLY one giggling at some of the stuff to do with "immigration" in the movie (and I use that term loosely...the movies never get it right or way over exaggerated...)

My favourite line from the movie when she is being told she is deported..."Its not like I am an immigrant or something...I'm from Canada! :lol:

Oh and the part where she walks into a local USCIS office, storms to the front of the line and hands the guy a file and says "I'd like to apply for a fiance visa." :wacko:

Overall cute movie, worth a watch! :thumbs:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Good morning all, sunny here in Florida. Actually it's been REALLY hot here the last few days, they even had a heat advisory yesterday - which someone how made me feel not so wimpy :lol:

Timeline

Talked to hubby last night about father's day.. (his ex didn't have the kids call him, didn't send a card .. nada).. he's REALLY upset about it, angry even that she didn't even think to do it.. he plans on talking about it with her, and telling her it's inexcusable.. I can't believe her nerve :wow:

Anyway.. his rational was if the kids were with us (ie visit) then he'd like me to make a big fuss etc. about it.. otherwise, not..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Good morning! I'd insert that bright flower smiley here but I don't have access to all those emoticons anymore. :angry:

My sister was a prefect. She would always squeal on me whenever I got called to the office. I hated her. :lol:

How did you like living in Singapore, Trailmix? I bet that was interesting. I'd love to go to New Zealand one day. I bet that was lovely there.

durango.jpg

Oooooooooooo. That's puuuuuuuuuurrrrrtyy. *purr*

Happy birthday, Kathryn!

I had prefects in school too, Krikit. I went to an Anglican boarding school in Ottawa.

~ Catherine

That's cool. How'd you enjoy that?

Father's day is a weird occasion for me. I'm not close to my dad, but feel guilty if I don't at least call for Father's Day. Even though I don't usually call him for 3-4 months at a time. Not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way. I start to feel guilty when Chris asks if I at least send him a card or bought him a gift. Then he details all the efforts he's went through for his father. I dunno. Father's Day is hard for me.

I know a lot of people who don't have much contact with their fathers. Don't be too hard on yourself if that's the reality of your relationship. Sometimes I get really annoyed at these "forced" special occasions. There's nothing like highlighting the fact that you don't have a father or a mother, or a relationship with them. Nice one, people. icon2.gif

So I went to go see the movie "The Proposal" yesterday with stars Sandra Bullock and Ryan Renolds, I am a sucker for a movie with Sandra Bullock. It was actually funny and of course found myself to be the ONLY one giggling at some of the stuff to do with "immigration" in the movie (and I use that term loosely...the movies never get it right or way over exaggerated...)

My favourite line from the movie when she is being told she is deported..."Its not like I am an immigrant or something...I'm from Canada! :lol:

Oh and the part where she walks into a local USCIS office, storms to the front of the line and hands the guy a file and says "I'd like to apply for a fiance visa." :wacko:

Overall cute movie, worth a watch! :thumbs:

Haha. I really want to see that movie.

iagree.gif

Timeline
Good morning! I'd insert that bright flower smiley here but I don't have access to all those emoticons anymore. :angry:

My sister was a prefect. She would always squeal on me whenever I got called to the office. I hated her. :lol:

How did you like living in Singapore, Trailmix? I bet that was interesting. I'd love to go to New Zealand one day. I bet that was lovely there.

durango.jpg

Oooooooooooo. That's puuuuuuuuuurrrrrtyy. *purr*

Loved Singapore! It's a beautiful place (and yes, hot :lol: ) - but I really liked living there.

So, anyway, we have now purchased the durango. Wanted to wait to take it in to a dealership today to have it inspected, which Mike did and it's all good, he's just at the car dealer now sorting it all out.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
Nice! Let's go for a ride! :dance:

Pretty pretty Durango. *purr*

You need some fancy wheels now. The kind that spin. :lol:

haha - funny you should say that - Mike said last night 'I would really like to get some nice wheels for it'

Timeline

cant belive u bought a dodge!! lol Nice truck!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.