Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy Birthday Kathryn!

Well the jeep is kind of a taupe colour. Carfax report looks good, but of course we won't buy it without an inspection, so that is supposed to happen tomorrow - however we are going to take another look at the durango today.

Good morning all!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning all!

Today is national aboriginal day in Canada. Lots of pow-wows going on back home.

Happy fathers day to any dads and step-dads.

Oh and it's another rainy day in NJ. Go figure!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

I want to go to a Pow-Wow. :crying:

Yes, Happy Father's Day everyone. :) Gotta give my own father a call in a minute.

Jeepers creepers..... I am mentally exhausted from all the ####### going on in some of the threads. I need a rest. :lol:

Not quite sure what we're doing today. I think my husband expects me to take him out somewhere..... even though my kids are grown. WTH? :bonk: He's not MY father. :lol: Mind you, I do get Mother's Day presents from him. *sigh* I'm not used to having a partner who celebrates every Hallmark occasion. icon2.gif

iagree.gif

Timeline

Oh, I miss powwows too! I used to go to the one on Walpole Island regularly and the Delaware Nation one in Fairfield. Very little focus on First Nations in this area although there is a plaque to the Trail of Tears at the Woodroffe Art Center in Atlanta.

I have to try and track my Dad down - he is off visiting relatives and friends this weekend, hehehe.

(and I echo Krikit's comments about the ####### going on in some of the threads! I feel like a hall monitor at school giving out passes and suspensions)

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline
Happy Fathers Dayy!

HAPPY CALGARY STAMPEDE IN 2 WEEKS. ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING. FINALLY HAVE SOMEONE TO GO WITH.

My daughter's going with her friends! They loved it the last time they went. She has some lovely pictures of her in her western wear too. :lol:

(and I echo Krikit's comments about the ####### going on in some of the threads! I feel like a hall monitor at school giving out passes and suspensions)

:lol:

I always wanted to be a prefect. :lol: Did anyone else have those in school, or is my age showing? :hehe:

no coffee today? :unsure:

The heck with the coffee. Let's just have mimosas!

iagree.gif

Timeline

Hey - our mimosa tree in the back yard is in bloom - does that count?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

Timeline

At my elementary school we had prefects. It was an RAF school in Singapore. At break times and lunch times they would blow a whistle and we would all have to freeze on the spot and the prefects would walk around :lol:

plumcafe.JPG

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
You've lived in Singapore!? :o

Yes! For about 8 years, while I was growing up - lived there at 2 different times - first time we went there for about 2 - 3 years, which is when I attended that RAF school - then again for around 5 years or so, I went to an American School that time.

Oh and here is the durango - Mike and the car salesman were just here and we took it for a little spin. Seems quite comfortable. The strange thing, since i'm used to being in a car instead of an SUV, is that the window area is much smaller - not a big deal, just different.

durango.jpg

Happy Fathers Dayy!

HAPPY CALGARY STAMPEDE IN 2 WEEKS. ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING. FINALLY HAVE SOMEONE TO GO WITH.

So you are from Calgary BerandTer - if I knew that I had forgotten!

So, you are finding the Calgary job market to be quite slow at the moment?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.