Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

No not Craigslist, Now Classifieds. Im finding Now has some great loft spaces that are jewels in hiding. I hope they have some when were looking to move, which isnt till October I believe. Id have him move down next week if I could!

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
He has seriously taken on such a fatherly role for Ethan when he didn't have to and I really do appreciate it. I don't like hallmark holidays but I figure why not show him that I truly do appreciate him teaching Ethan to play hockey, going to games, cheering him on and generally being there for Ethan even now when Ethan is 10 and starting to become full of attitude.

Awwww. Kudos to Mike for being a great guy. :thumbs:

Details:

First and last month rent will be required along with a one year lease.

References will be required and will be checked.

Pets..... talk to me and we will see.....

Special note: We will not accept inquiries from, "BOYFRIENDS or Special Male Friends" of women who may be interested in this apartment as we are tired of pimps trying to find their 'girls' a nice place to stay. So if you're a woman and serious about the apartment there are two owners of this building, myself and my partner and either of us would be happy to talk with you and show you the space

:o

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so we went to Fry's and bought this one...

http://www.frys.com/product/3519524?site=s...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

we almost bought different one and after talking with the guy he informed us that we cannot hook two routers together, a fact that I didn''t know :P... our vonage box is a router...

the guy was nice but he would ask a question and I would answer it and then he would pointedly look at my hubby and ask the question again :blink: and then he asked me a few times if I was sure our Vonage box was a router... :wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we almost bought different one and after talking with the guy he informed us that we cannot hook two routers together, a fact that I didn''t know :P... our vonage box is a router...

the guy was nice but he would ask a question and I would answer it and then he would pointedly look at my hubby and ask the question again :blink: and then he asked me a few times if I was sure our Vonage box was a router... :wacko:

Lol. Just so you know, you can hook 2 routers together, to use one as a range booster. You just can't have them both on the line distributing the signal as if they were 2 different routers.

Example: Router -> Router -> computer = good

Router -> computer \

----------------------------> = bad and confusing for the computer because it would see 2 different networks, and your routers would be kicking each other offline.

Router -> computer /

So if you plug the vonage box into that router, it will be fine, or the other way around. If they are both broadcasting wireless signals, turn off the wireless on the one you dont want broadcasting.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Lol. Just so you know, you can hook 2 routers together, to use one as a range booster. You just can't have them both on the line distributing the signal as if they were 2 different routers.

Example: Router -> Router -> computer = good

Router -> computer \

----------------------------> = bad and confusing for the computer because it would see 2 different networks, and your routers would be kicking each other offline.

Router -> computer /

So if you plug the vonage box into that router, it will be fine, or the other way around. If they are both broadcasting wireless signals, turn off the wireless on the one you dont want broadcasting.

yeah the guy mentioned that they could be but it would require some fiddling with the settings etc...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Good morning!

Omg the concert was SO GOOD! Before the show we went to the hardrock cafe for some drinks. Then we went over to Chinatown to this really amazing noodle place before hand and had these things they call "sticky buns" apparently their famous for them - they were like dumplings almost.

We got to the show and the openers were good and then while they were getting ready for Metric, I spotted a guy down in the lower level wearing a "University of Guelph" shirt and his friend had an oldskool blue jays cap on. I told my husband that we had to find them after the show. He said that they were probably Canadian poseurs, go ahead and laugh but in this crowd of music lovers - you do have people who wish they were as cool as us Canadians. :P

Then Metric came on... um it's weird it made me really miss home for some reason. Maybe because the singer, Emily Haines talked about Canada a lot. But it was an amazing show. I saw them many moons ago on Olympic Island in Toronto and they were really good there but it was daytime.. so I couldn't compare the shows. But ya.. I left feeling sort of sad and missing Canada a lot.

Anyways after the show I made Mike wait with me outside the venue for the UofG boys. :lol: He wasn't too happy, but anybody who knows me knows that I will stop for Canadians, chase down Canadians and wait for Canadians. They came out and I just walked over and talked to them for a good 10 minutes. They were bona fide Canadians. I asked the guy if he was an Aggie because his shirt had plants on it. He wasn't... um if you had aggies at your university I am sure you know about their reputations. So we all got a laugh out of it. They wanted to know why I was here and I told them and then they looked at Mike and said: "What? Is Canada not good enough for you?" :lol: Anyways it was nice to meet some Canucks. They came all the way down for the show which I thought was really cool!

And thats that. Sorry for the long post. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

That's awesome Nev, glad to hear it was so fun. I love how you tracked the Canadians down, they were probably so happy! That reminds me of when we stopped to talk to the guys with the Ontario plate on the streets of Philly :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canadians!

hortonscoffee.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good morning all.

Glad you had a great time Sprailenes - I think it's cool that you tracked down the Canadians after the show!

Yeah! Totally cool!

Thanks for coffee, Charles. I think I didn't get my caf/decaf grinds mixed too well (I do 50/50) because I'm feeling a bit jittery at the moment. :lol:

No idea what we're doing today. Just trying to get through a couple of threads so I can log off and get on with my day. But I'm a little too chatty today. Must be the coffee.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning all.

Glad you had a great time Sprailenes - I think it's cool that you tracked down the Canadians after the show!

Yeah! Totally cool!

Thanks for coffee, Charles. I think I didn't get my caf/decaf grinds mixed too well (I do 50/50) because I'm feeling a bit jittery at the moment. :lol:

No idea what we're doing today. Just trying to get through a couple of threads so I can log off and get on with my day. But I'm a little too chatty today. Must be the coffee.

I feel the same after coffee so I have cut down my coffee consumption - I normally only drink it in the morning anyway, so now I only drink about 1 cup.

Mike is going to test drive a couple of cars today, well at least that is the plan - a jeep and a durango. The jeep is in Winter Park I believe and the durango is in Sanford. Apparently some racoons dug a couple of big holes under the fence last night, so when I let fluffy out in to the back yard this morning, she took off - which is annoying!

I think they are cutting down trees and brush from the yard to the side of ours, they don't seem to really have any trees or brush, but it's too hot to go see what they are doing anyway. :lol:

Timeline
When I had a Jeep I coveted my friend's Durango. :lol:

Yeah, in this one place I worked the contract IT person had a durango - so I would see it in the parking lot and go - hello nice durangoooo.

:lol:

I pretty much drooled over my friend's when he came over. He was (cancer got him :( ) a landscape contractor and he was over to discuss my landscaping. I come out of the house and he starts talking gardens, and I'm walking over to the driveway going "Oooooooooh. Did you get a new Durango??" *lust lust lust*

iagree.gif

Timeline

Friends had a durango back in Victoria. They said it was on ok vehickle, but very bad on gas! S

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.