Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just got the software for MS office 2007. hopefully it installs smoothly!!

Nice! I don't have office on this computer - I use openoffice - but I have pondered picking up MS office.

mine is the student version--has Word, Excel, power point and OneNote 2007! I bought it off of amazon, and didnt even have to show student ID!! Got it for $88. best buy and others wanted like $150

Too bad about outlook, but you really did get a good deal, I just looked at it again on Amazon and the price is now 94.99!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I know it's not the same, but you can get Mozilla Firebird. They have an skin and an add on that makes it look and function exactly like Outlook. And best of all, it's legal (I'm all about the legal software now :lol:)

Timeline

May just have to do the firebird thing! My outlook is slowww and crashes from time to time!! ya i noticed the price went up! Mother n law has thier prime option--which she pays a yearly fee and gets free 2 day shipping (not on all items) So most of us in the family just log onto ur acct and use it,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
May just have to do the firebird thing! My outlook is slowww and crashes from time to time!! ya i noticed the price went up! Mother n law has thier prime option--which she pays a yearly fee and gets free 2 day shipping (not on all items) So most of us in the family just log onto ur acct and use it,lol

cool. Hey, do you have Windows vista? If so, have you considered just using Windows Mail? Looks just like outlook.

Timeline

cool. Hey, do you have Windows vista? If so, have you considered just using Windows Mail? Looks just like outlook.

No Vista--staying away from that,lol Windows XP

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

You know I was using XP up until my Husband built this computer for me a few months ago. I have found vista to be fine.

Timeline

You know I was using XP up until my Husband built this computer for me a few months ago. I have found vista to be fine.

same here

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Im not a computer person! Mainly use it for email, surfing the web and MS Word! Every now and then play Cal of Duty online!

Timeline

so I am not sure what happened but I feel lousy tonight... I think it might have been the Chinese food :unsure: but we always eat there and this is the first time this has happened...

of course the hubby isn't home :( I tired calling but he didn't pick up so I left a pathetic message :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning! A week today Gene and I will be gone for a week to the Wisconsin Northwoods for ten days! :dance: Looking forward to that... Until then, I have a million things to do of course! Finally got my ROC sent away yesterday as well, so hopefully will get my letter for biometrics while I am away and the waiting begins!

Enjoy your weekend everyone! Isn't this a pretty cup?

SuperStock_1598R-80996.jpg

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning thanks for the coffee carla! That sounds like a wonderful vacation. This country has so many hidden gems I can't wait to explore them all one day too. :D

Tonight's game 7! I am only nervous because it's in Detroit but whatever... I have been saying all season: It's the year of the Penguin. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

history is well against the pens!!! read something on TSN.ca that a visiting team hasnt won game 7 in like 20 yrs!!! like to see the pens win---but i hope its just a very good game. game 5 in detroit--pens didnt even bother to show up!!!

here it is: http://tsn.ca/story/?id=281460

Edited by flames9

Filed: Timeline

Good luck in your job hunt, BermyCat!

Hope you're feeling better today, Marilyn.

Maybe you're pregnant?

Oooh, Carla. The Wisconsin Northwoods. That sounds foresty. And fun. I just love the great outdoors. Glad to hear you were able to send out your ROC. I can't wait until that burden has been lifted from my shoulders. Damned immigration processes. Totally wouldn't have done the K-1 if I'd known then what I know now. :angry:

I like self check out when I have one or two things... but I hate it when people go with an entire cart of groceries. It's like when people go through the drive thru at timmies and order coffee for the whole office and hold up the line. :P

OMG, I HATE that! I will actually be sitting there behind the guy saying out loud "You BETTER not be ordering coffees for the entire plant." :bonk: And then, of course, you're stuck there because they don't have an escape route built into the drive-thru. :angry:

I am going to be the crazy old lady at bus stops who talks about everything and anything! :lol:

Hey! Don't you be dissin' mah old ladeh! :bonk:

j/k. My Mum doesn't take the bus. :lol:

#######, just read this job posting: "must be reliable well oriented and good looking, with high motivational skills. "

So the fugly need not apply :unsure:

:lol: And what the heck is "well oriented"? :lol:

Tonight's game 7! I am only nervous because it's in Detroit but whatever... I have been saying all season: It's the year of the Penguin. :D

In our house it's the NBA finals. icon2.gif

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.