Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Good morning! Still raining here. I saw an article in the paper the other day about that free credit report guy on that commercial...he's Canadian, and I guess he has quite a following. :blink:

Enjoy the elegant coffee this morning!

09_04_51---Breakfast-Coffee-and-Toa.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all. gee, high class coffee this morning. if this keeps up i'm gonna have to start shaving before posting. :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
good morning all. gee, high class coffee this morning. if this keeps up i'm gonna have to start shaving before posting. :blush:

Oh, now see...... that's just wrong. I always thought of you as all washed and groomed and lying on a floor somewhere, underneath a desk, fiddling with wires and things. Unshaven just doesn't go with that image.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Today is Preston Manning's birthday.

ha ha ha ha ... Happy b'day Preston!!!

It's my neice's b-day today.. she's having her very first sleepover with 6 of her friends :blink: my poor brother.. :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

How's this for a good reason to not come back to work for lunch :blink:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edward-isl...iff-jurors.html

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Now that my job search has begun in ernest, I'll have to start using Facebook. I'm been avoiding it for a while since I tend to get addicted to things like that. Any tips or advice to start me off?

~ Catherine

Timeline
Now that my job search has begun in ernest, I'll have to start using Facebook. I'm been avoiding it for a while since I tend to get addicted to things like that. Any tips or advice to start me off?

~ Catherine

Don't add work people unless you're good friends? I pretty much use it to catch up on random things in friend's lives that I probably wouldn't know about otherwise if it wasn't for Facebook. I have family and close friends and have decided against 'new' work friends or my boss until I get to know them better - sometimes my kids or friends comment on things I might not want work to comment on - nothing horrible, just not work chat. I love when people update pictures and albums - it's nice to see them.

it'll make you a bit of a voyeur, but that's normal. you pokea round people's pages and learn neat stuff

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Timeline

~ Catherine

Don't join any of those things people want you to play. They're nonsense.

I haven't been on FB in ages. I find it too irritating. Didn't know there were job opportunities on there, though. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

~ Catherine

Don't join any of those things people want you to play. They're nonsense.

I haven't been on FB in ages. I find it too irritating. Didn't know there were job opportunities on there, though. lol

I don't find FB addicting at all - I ignore it for weeks :lol:

Well they are trying new shifts where my Husband works, this week he is working 10 hour days for four days and he gets tomorrow off!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got the software for MS office 2007. hopefully it installs smoothly!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I'm looking for work in hi-tech sales and marketing. Being able to demonstrate that I am knowledgeable about social networking tools and can market myself well will be a plus to a potential employer.

I'm in a bit of a tricky position. I had just started trying to transition from being a computer programmer to a role on the sales and marketing side of things when I had to move back to Bermuda. I did manage to complete my MBA but didn't have the time gain a lot of experience. Now I'm trying to complete that transition here without the contacts that I would have had in Ontario. I need every edge that I can get.

~ Catherine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.