Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Something REALLY freaking weird..

So I am sitting here at my desk and I just start touching my head and theres a part of my head that just kind of hurts to the touch and I feel something small sticking out so I grab it and pull it out and its a piece of glass! IN MY HEAD! It's not bleeding or anything, so it must have been there for a while.

#######!? I am sitting here going: "How did that get in there??"

I washed my hair this morning and felt nothing so it's really strange.

:o

My friend's parents were in a horrible car crash one time, coming down Hwy 69. (The road of death.) His Mom ended up losing her eye because it was full of glass from the sideview mirror. Every once in a while you'll see something glistening in there, and then a sliver of glass will pop out! :o :o :o Even after all this time. *shudder*

Anyway, I say that to say.... maybe something happened years ago and it's just working its way out now?

Yea it totally freaked me out. :lol:

I am not trying to gross people out but I am looking at my coworkers showing them this little piece of glass saying: "OMG LOOK WHAT CAME OUT OF MY FREAKING HEAD!"

And thats crazy about your friends parents! Wow!

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so happy its friday.

Yesterday my boss didn't come in but I have completed ALL of my projects for next week... I have been staying three steps ahead of her because that's what I need to do to feel better because she gets very overwhelmed with her work load and at the very last minute will start giving me stuff. But I think I got too ahead because I have been really bored these past couple of days. But you just don't know when new members are going to come in. I could come back in on Tuesday and we have 7 new applicants and the race starts again. So yea.. I'm rambling.

Mmm yummy coffee.

Good morning everyone! Can't believe it's the weekend again already! We have no firm plans for the weekend...maybe the farmer's market Saturday morning, perhaps a matinee on Saturday? Whatever it we'll do, it'll be fun! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

hot.jpg

Mike and I are going to the farmers market tomorrow. We go every saturday, I love the market atmosphere. What movie are you thinking of seeing? I want to see my life in ruin.

We have a wonderful theatre here that has second run movies. The popcorn is the BEST I've ever had, with REAL butter on it...you even get to put your OWN on it!!! Refills, of even the large popcorn are .25 cents!! :lol: I was thinking of seeing State of Play.

I feel left out. I need to find a market too. lol

http://www.sumtercountyfarmersmarket.com/

So I am sitting here at my desk and I just start touching my head and theres a part of my head that just kind of hurts to the touch and I feel something small sticking out so I grab it and pull it out and its a piece of glass! IN MY HEAD! It's not bleeding or anything, so it must have been there for a while.

That is REALLY freaky! :wow: Believe it or not, that happened to me about 10 years ago!!! I had no idea where I'd gotten it either.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
tell me about it. my neighbors are so inconsiderate! just yesterday when i came home, his wife was out working in the front yard moving the landscape bricks around a tree, so i had to go help. lots of digging, moving blocks, cutting some tree roots lower, and an hour or so it was done.

MrRogers.jpg

iagree.gif

Timeline

Good Morning All,

Happy Friday! My Mum took the day off work, so we're heading to the Toronto Beaches for the day :) It's a nice day out, so it should be a fun bonding day. Looking forward to it. Have a nice weekend everyone!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Nice day huh? Bring some of that nice weather back with you. <_<

I used to work at the big pool as a life guard down at the beaches when I was a teen. Those were some fun times. :D Have fun Jill!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
tell me about it. my neighbors are so inconsiderate! just yesterday when i came home, his wife was out working in the front yard moving the landscape bricks around a tree, so i had to go help. lots of digging, moving blocks, cutting some tree roots lower, and an hour or so it was done.

MrRogers.jpg

i'm cheap :blush: i work for dr peppers :P

house gutters cleaned out for 1-2 dr peppers too

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

We have a wonderful theatre here that has second run movies. The popcorn is the BEST I've ever had, with REAL butter on it...you even get to put your OWN on it!!! Refills, of even the large popcorn are .25 cents!! :lol: I was thinking of seeing State of Play.

I wish we had those! Or maybe we do and I just don't know. lol. I HATE the popcorn at the movies here. We went to one cinema where I'm sure they bought the cheapiest crappiest popcorn that had been swept off the floor and sold to them instead of put in the garbage. The stadium theatre is great but their popcorn is beyond salty. blech. It really ruins my movie experience because how can you watch movies and not eat popcorn?!!! :bonk:

Oh wow. I had no idea that was even there. I wonder why it's only open on Mondays? :blink: That doesn't make for a fun day out with my husband when he's at work. :lol:

That is REALLY freaky! :wow: Believe it or not, that happened to me about 10 years ago!!! I had no idea where I'd gotten it either.

:o

Good Morning All,

Happy Friday! My Mum took the day off work, so we're heading to the Toronto Beaches for the day :) It's a nice day out, so it should be a fun bonding day. Looking forward to it. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Say hi to my kids for me, Jill! That's where they live. :luv: I think Carla's parents live there too. :unsure:

iagree.gif

Here's another one that isn't too far for you Krikit. Trailmix can also use this one.

http://www.lakemaryfarmersmarket.com/vendo...nd_products.htm

That's the one Trailmix goes to! Hmm. Maybe I'll go there this weekend. I was thinking of going to the Yalaha Bakery. Every Saturday morning they have fabulous acoustic bands and you can sit out there with your coffee and pastry or sammitch or something. They have the most amazing foods there. :luv:

i'm cheap :blush: i work for dr peppers :P

house gutters cleaned out for 1-2 dr peppers too

Sure wish you lived by me. I can't find any garden help for love nor money. icon2.gif

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning everyone! Can't believe it's the weekend again already! We have no firm plans for the weekend...maybe the farmer's market Saturday morning, perhaps a matinee on Saturday? Whatever it we'll do, it'll be fun! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

hot.jpg

Good morning, everyone! Carla, I love going to Farmer's Markets. I hope you gather some good finds! This Saturday I'm going for my first dress fitting for my wedding dress. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Under the Tuscan Sun is on TV right now- one of those movies I have to watch whenever it is on. I never read the book but I have always wondered: How did she deal with Immigration? She decided to just live in Italy while there on vacation. Didn't she need a visa?

I wondered that too! I couldn't let it go. I was like..... "You can't do that!" :lol:

It was a lovely movie, though.

Actually, the book is quite different from the movie - and they do discuss the various issues they have with visas and such. In the book she isn't divorced - she and her husband are together and they live half the year in California where she is also a professor (I think they both are but don't remember) and half the year in Italy. Their plans to go at certain times of the year get waylaid because paperwork doesn't get done in time and things like that, so they miss one year and they have to come later one year than they expected, and so on. Once you get over the idea that the movie and the book are quite different, the book is equally enjoyable - and fills in a lot of those blanks. I just love Under the Tuscan Sun as well.

Ahhh. Ok. Thanks Kathryn!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Weird! LOL. Glad it is finally out though.

As a hairdresser- I used to have to deal with hair splinters. A little hair embedded itself into the side of my right breast. Every now and then I would take a needle and some tweezers to try to get it out. It took quite a while before it was close enough to the surface for me to get the little #######. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.