Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Under the Tuscan Sun is on TV right now- one of those movies I have to watch whenever it is on. I never read the book but I have always wondered: How did she deal with Immigration? She decided to just live in Italy while there on vacation. Didn't she need a visa?

I wondered that too! I couldn't let it go. I was like..... "You can't do that!" :lol:

It was a lovely movie, though.

Actually, the book is quite different from the movie - and they do discuss the various issues they have with visas and such. In the book she isn't divorced - she and her husband are together and they live half the year in California where she is also a professor (I think they both are but don't remember) and half the year in Italy. Their plans to go at certain times of the year get waylaid because paperwork doesn't get done in time and things like that, so they miss one year and they have to come later one year than they expected, and so on. Once you get over the idea that the movie and the book are quite different, the book is equally enjoyable - and fills in a lot of those blanks. I just love Under the Tuscan Sun as well.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ugh so there is this chick on Facebook who keeps sending me friend invites.. I did accept initially but then I was cleaning out my friend list one day and I got rid of her too.. :P I never really was friends with her.. we were more like acquaintances and we hung out with the same group of people...

I still feel kind of bad for ignoring her invites though... I have a few people on my friend's list that she is friends with too so it is kind of awkward if I keep ignoring her :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning everyone! Can't believe it's the weekend again already! We have no firm plans for the weekend...maybe the farmer's market Saturday morning, perhaps a matinee on Saturday? Whatever it we'll do, it'll be fun! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

hot.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I am so tired.....

Stupid new neighbors kept me up between 2-4am last night.. 3rd night in a row..

these new people come in from work at 11pm and need a few hours to unwind before they go to bed and by unwind I mean drop heavy objects on the floor above our head. :wacko:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I am so happy its friday.

Yesterday my boss didn't come in but I have completed ALL of my projects for next week... I have been staying three steps ahead of her because that's what I need to do to feel better because she gets very overwhelmed with her work load and at the very last minute will start giving me stuff. But I think I got too ahead because I have been really bored these past couple of days. But you just don't know when new members are going to come in. I could come back in on Tuesday and we have 7 new applicants and the race starts again. So yea.. I'm rambling.

Mmm yummy coffee.

Good morning everyone! Can't believe it's the weekend again already! We have no firm plans for the weekend...maybe the farmer's market Saturday morning, perhaps a matinee on Saturday? Whatever it we'll do, it'll be fun! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

hot.jpg

Mike and I are going to the farmers market tomorrow. We go every saturday, I love the market atmosphere. What movie are you thinking of seeing? I want to see my life in ruin.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
You probably have amazing markets down in Florida krikit!

Yes find one! :D

We have a giant flea market not far from us. But it's not the same as a farmer's market. I got beautiful orchids there for $2!! :o

They have different events going on there all the time. I need to pay more attention to it, though. They have a pow-wow every year around March. I realized I missed it again when I heard the drums, so I sat out back and listened. There's nothing like that sound. I'm not going to miss the next one!

iagree.gif

Timeline

Something REALLY freaking weird..

So I am sitting here at my desk and I just start touching my head and theres a part of my head that just kind of hurts to the touch and I feel something small sticking out so I grab it and pull it out and its a piece of glass! IN MY HEAD! It's not bleeding or anything, so it must have been there for a while.

#######!? I am sitting here going: "How did that get in there??"

I washed my hair this morning and felt nothing so it's really strange.

Donne moi une poptart!

Something REALLY freaking weird..

So I am sitting here at my desk and I just start touching my head and theres a part of my head that just kind of hurts to the touch and I feel something small sticking out so I grab it and pull it out and its a piece of glass! IN MY HEAD! It's not bleeding or anything, so it must have been there for a while.

#######!? I am sitting here going: "How did that get in there??"

I washed my hair this morning and felt nothing so it's really strange.

:o

My friend's parents were in a horrible car crash one time, coming down Hwy 69. (The road of death.) His Mom ended up losing her eye because it was full of glass from the sideview mirror. Every once in a while you'll see something glistening in there, and then a sliver of glass will pop out! :o :o :o Even after all this time. *shudder*

Anyway, I say that to say.... maybe something happened years ago and it's just working its way out now?

iagree.gif

Timeline
You probably have amazing markets down in Florida krikit!

Yes find one! :D

We have a giant flea market not far from us. But it's not the same as a farmer's market. I got beautiful orchids there for $2!! :o

They have different events going on there all the time. I need to pay more attention to it, though. They have a pow-wow every year around March. I realized I missed it again when I heard the drums, so I sat out back and listened. There's nothing like that sound. I'm not going to miss the next one!

I went to a 'pow wow' here last year and it was really weird. :(

It was like people acting like dancers, not real dancers. The flyer said pow wow and Mike thought it would be great to bring me, so I got my regalia and was going to dance and when I arrived... it was like a tourist trap and people dressed in like dress up regalia. It was weird. I haven't danced since I left Canada. I should come down to Florida and dance in that one. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone, and ty for the coffee today, carla.

What?!! Good grief, Em. Will you never be free of inconsiderate neighbours? :bonk:

:unsure:

tell me about it. my neighbors are so inconsiderate! just yesterday when i came home, his wife was out working in the front yard moving the landscape bricks around a tree, so i had to go help. lots of digging, moving blocks, cutting some tree roots lower, and an hour or so it was done.

and i got two dr peppers out of the deal :)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

It was like people acting like dancers, not real dancers. The flyer said pow wow and Mike thought it would be great to bring me, so I got my regalia and was going to dance and when I arrived... it was like a tourist trap and people dressed in like dress up regalia. It was weird. I haven't danced since I left Canada. I should come down to Florida and dance in that one. :D

:blink:

Yes! You should come! :dance:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.