Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Does anybody ever get that feeling that something is terribly wrong? That's how I feel today. :(

question.. how does everyone feel about sanctuary? Does it happen in the US?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/...#socialcomments

My Uncle once told me the story of him and some buddies. They were in Italy in WWII and had become separated from their regiment, and from the top of a hill they could see the enemy between them. So they decided to walk (for days) to The Vatican and ask for refuge. They threw them out. :lol:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Does anybody ever get that feeling that something is terribly wrong? That's how I feel today. :(

question.. how does everyone feel about sanctuary? Does it happen in the US?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/...#socialcomments

My Uncle once told me the story of him and some buddies. They were in Italy in WWII and had become separated from their regiment, and from the top of a hill they could see the enemy between them. So they decided to walk (for days) to The Vatican and ask for refuge. They threw them out. :lol:

THAT is a great story gal...

And I do hope everything is okay.. can you crawl back into bed and pull the covers over your head?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

Timeline

Totally unrelated - last night we go out to the patio and some big beetle type bug runs in to Mike and then hits me in the head - well I scream and bring my hand up and my ring gets caught on the chain I am wearing.

I woke up some time during the night as my chain was in the bed, the little circle part has come away. boo.

Timeline
Totally unrelated - last night we go out to the patio and some big beetle type bug runs in to Mike and then hits me in the head - well I scream and bring my hand up and my ring gets caught on the chain I am wearing.

I woke up some time during the night as my chain was in the bed, the little circle part has come away. boo.

EWWWW!! I hate bugs. We get these june bug beetlely things in this weather, they are all over the place. Somehow they keep getting inside, and one landed on my head once while eating dinner last week. I screamed sooo loud. I bought this thing at Sears, it looks like a tennis racquet. You hit a button and swat the bug, it eletrocutes them on the spot. I know it sounds mean but I hope it's a quick death, I can't have these beetles in my home!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

EWWWW!! I hate bugs. We get these june bug beetlely things in this weather, they are all over the place. Somehow they keep getting inside, and one landed on my head once while eating dinner last week. I screamed sooo loud. I bought this thing at Sears, it looks like a tennis racquet. You hit a button and swat the bug, it eletrocutes them on the spot. I know it sounds mean but I hope it's a quick death, I can't have these beetles in my home!

I love those electric fly swatters. I am notorious for hitting people with them while camping though. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I love those electric fly swatters. I am notorious for hitting people with them while camping though. :lol:

Does it hurt??

Again slightly unrelated but this reminded me of one time - I was at a company Christmas party and it was also my Birthday. So we were all drinking a lot and there is wired garland all over the place.

My friend wraps some of this around my neck and twists the end (or maybe I did that - who knows) anyway, she thinks it would be funny to start it on fire :blink: - so she lights it. Well the stuff is melting - put a hole in my favorite dress - but luckily I didn't get burnt.

Filed: Timeline
And I do hope everything is okay.. can you crawl back into bed and pull the covers over your head?

I could, but I'm too busy reading threads. LOL

I had one of those novelty fly swatters where it's a plastic hand on the end of a "gun" and when you pull the trigger the hand flies off and squashes the bug. It kind of made bug-killing fun. lol

My friend wraps some of this around my neck and twists the end (or maybe I did that - who knows) anyway, she thinks it would be funny to start it on fire :blink: - so she lights it. Well the stuff is melting - put a hole in my favorite dress - but luckily I didn't get burnt.

:o

Wow. That is extreme behaviour. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

Does it hurt??

Again slightly unrelated but this reminded me of one time - I was at a company Christmas party and it was also my Birthday. So we were all drinking a lot and there is wired garland all over the place.

A little bit but its not that bad. :lol:

I'm the family clown. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

One of the perks of working here is that employees get free lunches and dinners every day. Yummy lunches too! Anyways it was suggested that we start paying for our lunches: 2.00 a day and everyone went crazy. The suggestion lasted about 2 minutes and then died because people were so up in arms.

I think its funny you can mess with peoples health care but don't dare mess with our food. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
One of the perks of working here is that employees get free lunches and dinners every day. Yummy lunches too! Anyways it was suggested that we start paying for our lunches: 2.00 a day and everyone went crazy. The suggestion lasted about 2 minutes and then died because people were so up in arms.

I think its funny you can mess with peoples health care but don't dare mess with our food. :P

The whole recession thing is strange here. I have been in a few places that were in recession - however here, the wages go down and everything else goes up. Since January we have had a price increase for Electricity, garbage pick up, water and now health insurance.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning! It's raining here today. Hope it clears up for the baseball game tonight! We're heading out to supper before the game as well.

Banana_CrunchMuffin1.jpg

Yes trailmix, the room was lovely. The only problem was all the antique's in the room...all of those little "touches" that made it impossible to move around too much and disperse our stuff without knocking things over. :lol:

Your comment about santuary E, I'm thinking that it has and is being used in the US a lot. Maybe not so much now? There was a case, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, where a lady was to be deported, and she went to a church, in Chicago maybe? Anyway, I think she lived there a year. There was then a huge demonstration about illegal residents in California, and she was going to speak there, and was arrested and deported after leaving the church. Don't know that she ever made it to California. It was my understanding at that time, that this is or was a common occurrance here in the US, however just wasn't reported much anymore as it was so common.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

I've hard that St. Louis Cardinals games are one of the really special sporting events in the world. That the fans and the atmosphere makes it a joy to see.

What bothers me about the whole thing though, as E said, is the inconsistency. Why are you deporting him based upon his former KGB status? That is secondary, in my eyes. First and foremost he overstayed a student visa and should have left the country then. He then brought his family over and somehow, they all got legal status?

How did this happen? Why are people doing in the right way when so many do it the wrong way?

He's not a refugee in the eyes of the law, either! So how did he qualify?

Sanctuary has it's roots in Christianity. Until modern times, the church held power, over states. A king could imprison a man for a crime, but the pope could pardon him and excommunicate the king. This really isn't the case anymore as the church doesn't have as much power. Law enforcement do however understand the public relations nightmare that removing someone forcibly presents, so they always try to avoid that situation in the U.S. (i'm not familiar with polic practices in Canada).

I don't see any inconsistency here.

"The Immigration Refugee Protection Act states quite clearly that individuals who have been involved in espionage against our country or other countries or have been members of an agency that conducts that are not admissible to Canada,"

The man was formerly employed by the KGB which clearly was engaged in espionage against other countries. His involvement and specific duties are immaterial. He was a participant, hence according to the Immigration Refugee Protection Act, he is not entitled to any status. I would think that would supercede an overstay on a student visa. I realize that I have a very rudimentary understanding of Canadian law, but It seems logical to me that the spy charge would be paramount in this situation.

Timeline
I iz drinking a Starbucks mocha frappucino. I haz teh happiez. :luv:

meanie face.. you didn't even share :angry:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.