• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They're not groupies they're band-aids!

I love that movie. But I would never be a groupie :lol:

ughh imagine all the diseases floating around on that bus!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Geez. There is this woman on the Today show - the segment is "Today's Working Woman - How to start your own business".

This information is so unhelpful. They have just spent a whole bunch of time with the guest saying you need to have a web presence. If your business exists exclusively online - they you obviously want to utilize all those tools (oh thanks for pointing that out) - but even if it isn't - you should have a web presence, start by checking to see if the domain name you want is available.

So much useless information.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Geez. There is this woman on the Today show - the segment is "Today's Working Woman - How to start your own business".

This information is so unhelpful. They have just spent a whole bunch of time with the guest saying you need to have a web presence. If your business exists exclusively online - they you obviously want to utilize all those tools (oh thanks for pointing that out) - but even if it isn't - you should have a web presence, start by checking to see if the domain name you want is available.

I didn't see the show, but how is that useless?

Timeline

It's useless because it's business 101.

First of all if your business is online - and you don't have a webpage - well - that speaks for itself.

Secondly, if you don't know enough to know that you need a web page - then someone telling you to search a domain name is not helpful (ie: you probably don't know what the term 'domain name' means). She did give a brief description on how to search for one.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

It's useless because it's business 101.

First of all if your business is online - and you don't have a webpage - well - that speaks for itself.

Secondly, if you don't know enough to know that you need a web page - then someone telling you to search a domain name is not helpful (ie: you probably don't know what the term 'domain name' means). She did give a brief description on how to search for one.

Yes, but you are watching a television show that is on in the late morning.... when most people are at work. I can't imagine that someone who has time to watch t.v. at 10 a.m. in the middle of the week has any experience starting or running a business. I imagine they are just giving basic information because of who their demographics are.

Timeline
Not everyone works 9-5, M-F.

So true!

I can't imagine that someone who has time to watch t.v. at 10 a.m. in the middle of the week has any experience starting or running a business

Well I have time to watch tv and I have owned and run a business.

I think you have been in the rat race too long. :hehe:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Plus a lot of people just record shows in order to watch when it's most convenient to them.

This is true, even when I am home I sometimes DVR in order to avoid commercials

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I didn't mean to insult anyone or insinuate that all people who have time to watch t.v. in the late morning don't have experience. But I do have experience in advertising and demographics research, and there is a reason why certain advertisements appear on those time slots and not others. The target audience, and a large portion fall into that category.

Edit: The advent of the DVR has changed quite a bit in the advertising industry and was just a fledgling technology when I left. So I guess things change. But I still picture my 9 great aunts watching the show and taking notes (which they used to do :P)

Edited by Rob and Mel

Timeline
I didn't mean to insult anyone or insinuate that all people who have time to watch t.v. in the late morning don't have experience. But I do have experience in advertising and demographics research, and there is a reason why certain advertisements appear on those time slots and not others. The target audience, and a large portion fall into that category.

Edit: The advent of the DVR has changed quite a bit in the advertising industry and was just a fledgling technology when I left. So I guess things change. But I still picture my 9 great aunts watching the show and taking notes (which they used to do :P)

ah - bah.

We just have two different perspectives, I am seeing it my way and you are seeing it through the note pads of your 9 great aunts.

Timeline

ah - bah.

We just have two different perspectives, I am seeing it my way and you are seeing it through the note pads of your 9 great aunts.

No, i'm not seeing it through the perspective of my aunts. I am looking at it from the perspective of a market researcher who worked for an advertising agency for 3.5 years, building profiles and databases for test marketing new t.v. shows. As with all market research, not everyone falls into a certain category. I'm not making an assumption about you or your history with your business. I'm just stating, from my professional career how we profiled demographics for shows like this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.