Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I'm just in denial about how hard the emotional part of this is going to be!

And yes, its freaking cold here. It's even cold in Toronto, you don't even have to go north!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I had such a great weekend, sad it's over.

It's such a beautiful day outside, yesterday morning North Bay awoke to SNOW... snow all over their flowers, green grass etc. Which is funny because my mom was coming back from a funeral last weekend and said she hit a weird snow storm just between Orillia and North Bay.

Mother nature is confuzzled.

:o

I spoke with my Mum yesterday and she said they had the heat on!

My Mom said the same, and now I don't know what to pack. I was thinking mostly shorts and light shirts/capris with sandals, I really don't feel like pulling out my sweaters :crying: I hope it warms up this week. Hello, it's JUNE!

I packed all warm stuff and never wore any of it. :lol: Luckily, I had purchased a ton of summer stuff during our weekend in Buffalo so I was good to go.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's such a beautiful day outside, yesterday morning North Bay awoke to SNOW... snow all over their flowers, green grass etc. Which is funny because my mom was coming back from a funeral last weekend and said she hit a weird snow storm just between Orillia and North Bay.

snow this time of year? :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

snow this time of year? :blink:

It's Canada Charles :whistle:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, I discovered Ice Road Truckers over the weekend. Was housesitting for my parents for the last two weeks and love this show now. Which brings the total number of t.v. shows that I will watch to 3 (The Office, Family Guy, and now Ice Road Truckers). It was funny because I'm sitting there watching it with Mel, and my aunt and my sister were over, and they are asking so many questions about the area that they are in. Finally, Mel tells them, "you know, i'm from southern ontario, which is about the same latitude as northern california". My favorite was when she told them that Yellow Knife was like 4k miles from where she was from.

On a side note...... how the hell could someone live in Yellow Knife? Wow that must suck.

Timeline
OK, I discovered Ice Road Truckers over the weekend. Was housesitting for my parents for the last two weeks and love this show now. Which brings the total number of t.v. shows that I will watch to 3 (The Office, Family Guy, and now Ice Road Truckers). It was funny because I'm sitting there watching it with Mel, and my aunt and my sister were over, and they are asking so many questions about the area that they are in. Finally, Mel tells them, "you know, i'm from southern ontario, which is about the same latitude as northern california". My favorite was when she told them that Yellow Knife was like 4k miles from where she was from.

On a side note...... how the hell could someone live in Yellow Knife? Wow that must suck.

:o But Ice Road Truckers is a REALITY show!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

:o But Ice Road Truckers is a REALITY show!

I know, I feel dirty :o

Timeline

Yellowknife at least has civilization.

I went to resolute bay, which is basically a tiny village past the magnetic north pole.

In grade 5, three students in my class were chosen to go to Resolute on an exchange program I was one of them. You wouldn't think people would live up there but people do. Its crazy how different everything is though.

The next week some of the children from Resolute came down to visit us in Toronto and they were soooo overwhelmed. I don't think they liked it at all. In fact they asked us how we could live there because they found it so fast. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I have given up Deadliest Catch in favor of Ice Road Truckers. I can only take one reality show at a time. That is until octo-mom gets her show and then I think I might explode.

Back to desolate places in Canada. Anyone ever been to Churchill Manitoba? I want to go see the polar bears. Mel refuses to go, but that has not put a damper on my plans!!!! I know ViaRail goes there. :lol:

Filed: Timeline
In grade 5, three students in my class were chosen to go to Resolute on an exchange program I was one of them. You wouldn't think people would live up there but people do. Its crazy how different everything is though.

That must have been fascinating, Sprailenes. What did you think of it?

iagree.gif

Timeline

I thought it was crazy how people lived that far up north. :lol:

I remember I left a very very hungry girl because I hardly ate. At one point the family I was staying with were talking about candy and I was so happy to finally get some food because prior to that I was picking at the food they ate, and it was like frozen fat... the mom took it out of the freezer and the kids ate it like it was the best thing ever and I remember walking over to get some and I saw it and was mortified. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.