Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
yeah we had a great time.. on our last day I was walking from the bathroom back to our campsite and I was tearing up at the thought of leaving...

I know how you feel. Phil and I just returned from Bermuda and we both want to go back already.

It was a great trip. Our wedding went very well and we saw Dad safely married off to a wonderful woman. We were able to spend a lot of time with our family in Bermuda and all the family members from Canada and the US that flew in for the weddings.

~ Catherine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Welcome back! I heard about the rain, my sister and bro in law were in Hollywood for a friend's wedding. It rained alot of the time they were there, they then went on a cruise and the weather cleared up nicely.

Oh nice! I'm glad it cleared up for them. :)

Welcome back coffee bringer krikit!! Hope you had a marvelouuuus time.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome back Krikit - looks like the drought is over here too!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my poor hubby just left for work after only 3 hours of sleep.. and Tuesdays is usually a heavy day at work too.. poor guy... :(

he basically worked a double shift yesterday...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my hubby got me my Birthday present this last Sunday.. well, actually I did the research etc to find the best one..

it is a new digital camera.. an upgrade from our old one...

I love it so far.. it is a Fujifilm Finepix..

Fuji_Fuji-FinePix-S1500FD_300x250_s.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I'm wondering if I should be posting coffee this morning since I'm not sure anyone reads my posts! :lol: It was NOT Sprailenes birthday yesterday as I posted. DUH! It's on the 31st. I swear my brain is a jumbled mess since I began menopause! I really have to make a doctors appointment about this issue as it's really causing me some concern. In other news....

1177977bin.jpg

Enjoy your day!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Did someone say something? :unsure::hehe:

Haha. Just kidding, Carla. EVERYONE reads your posts! But I know what you mean. Sometimes you start thinking no one does. I think mostly people just read posts and think "Hmmm. That's interesting." (or whatever) in their heads and move on. In real life they'd respond verbally, but in the digital world they just think it and carry on. I just assume that everyone is fascinated :hehe: by what I say and keep going. I think it's easier if you post throughout the day because, eventually, somebody is going to respond to you if you annoy them enough. :lol:

Oh. And don't worry about the memory thing. I started noticing it during pregnancy. :blink: Those bleeding beautiful kids suck you dry. It only gets worse from there. I think the fact that you notice it is a good sign. It's when you think you're fine that you have to worry. :lol:

Edited because I suddenly acquired a Jamaican patois for some reason. I believe it has to do with a lack of sleep. I'm going back to bed now.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline
my hubby got me my Birthday present this last Sunday.. well, actually I did the research etc to find the best one..

it is a new digital camera.. an upgrade from our old one...

I love it so far.. it is a Fujifilm Finepix..

oh thanks for the tip Marilyn! We're contemplating an upgrade here as well.. I keep going back and forth between a digital slr and just a higher / fancier point & shoot.. pros on boths sides and until I figure it out we'll not buy :)

I'm wondering if I should be posting coffee this morning since I'm not sure anyone reads my posts! :lol: It was NOT Sprailenes birthday yesterday as I posted. DUH! It's on the 31st.

I read it Carla, I was looking for the info somewhere else, like a new thread or something, and never found one, so I figured maybe something got mixed up.. I do read you though!! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I read your posts as well, Carla. They are full of such great info and such most of the time that I don't have much to say to them! But E is right, I definitely think about what a lot of people say, even if I don't write a response.

Morning every one.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
the camera we bought is called a bridge camera.. it is a cross between a point and shoot and a SLR camera..

That's what I've been toying with.. Dig SLR's are great but they are bulky and on hikes etc. am I really going to want to cart that around? Not sure it's as practical as I'd like, but I want to move up from our current model and I want the burst function. Hubby's kiddos are ALWAYS on the go and it's hard to get good pics.. figure a burst mode might just catch one decent pic. Does that model burst?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I am not ready to be back at work. I always feel so retarded on my first day back after a long weekend. I just sit at my desk for a good half hour asking myself: "What do I do?"

There's stuff to do but I just can't even get into the mode to do it. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm wondering if I should be posting coffee this morning since I'm not sure anyone reads my posts! :lol: It was NOT Sprailenes birthday yesterday as I posted. DUH! It's on the 31st. I swear my brain is a jumbled mess since I began menopause! I really have to make a doctors appointment about this issue as it's really causing me some concern. In other news....

Enjoy your day!

Well I read that and thought oh, someone must have had a post about the birthday in OT :lol:

I'm sure your mind will come back to you! I agree with what krikit said, plus look, the 'birthday girl' is sitting at her desk wondering what she does :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.