Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So, everytime I see someone post the acronym, "nm" I always have to stop and think about what it means. For some crazy reason, I always want "nm" to be -no problem- or -don't mention it- even though I really know that "nm" = never mind. I don't know why I do that... guess my brain just can't wrap around that simple, simple, detail for some strange reason. LOL

I just had to laugh at myself for that one!!! :lol:

I didn't know what it meant for the longest time, I was always like huh? So finally Tmix told me :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
here are a few pics from our camping trip to Malibu last week

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29885390@N02/...57618754969888/

So nice! Now I wish we would have gone to Malibu when we were in So Cal last year. I have to ask Marilyn, wasn't moving from Canada to California a hard adjustment? I was only there for a week and I found everything so overwhelming! There are tons of people, the traffic is absolutely insane, the scenery is lovely but so different to anything I had ever seen, and the weather is just so strange :lol:

Timeline

Good Morning everyone!

I (L) Malibu. Nice pics Marilyn!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Looks like you had a great time camping - I miss camping :( - thanks for sharing the pics

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
here are a few pics from our camping trip to Malibu last week

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29885390@N02/...57618754969888/

So nice! Now I wish we would have gone to Malibu when we were in So Cal last year. I have to ask Marilyn, wasn't moving from Canada to California a hard adjustment? I was only there for a week and I found everything so overwhelming! There are tons of people, the traffic is absolutely insane, the scenery is lovely but so different to anything I had ever seen, and the weather is just so strange :lol:

yeah it was a bit of an adjustment.. I freaked out the first few times I had to drive on the freeways around here.. now I am more comfortable.. seeing as how I have to take one when I go to work... the town where we actually live isn't too bad.. it kind of reminds me of the town where I am from in Canada.. I wouldn't want to live right in LA though.. crazy busy there...

Good Morning everyone!

I (L) Malibu. Nice pics Marilyn!

yeah , it was my first time in Malibu.. I loved it there.. I know we never could afford to live there but I definitely want to go back... it had a more laid back atmosphere then the LA area... and the scenery is amazing...

Beautiful pictures Marilyn, thanks for posting that :)

Good morning all.

thanks

Looks like you had a great time camping - I miss camping :( - thanks for sharing the pics

yeah I like camping too.. I kept it simple this time and it wasn't so stressful for me...

I have to somehow figure out how to fix our tent now though after the chipmunks ate through the door... the zipper is all messed up.... I was thinking of putting snaps or something... this was only the second time using the tent, so we don't want to just go and buy a new one...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Lovely pictures Marilyn!

All my life my grandpa used to always stop and talk to the bears in Ojibway. He would get up really close and talk to them and they would just sit there and listen to him. So after he died my mom started talking to the bears too and when we went camping last fall I tried to talk to a bear.. but it ran away. I have to practice more. :lol:

Anyways here's a picture my mom took this past weekend, she was up at my uncles funeral on the rez and she got this picture of a black bear she was talking to.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

i hate that hubby has to go back to work today :(.. it has been nice having him around this last week.. now it is back to the stupid afternoon/evening/night shifts he has :wacko:

hubby still has about 11 vacation days and 3 personal days left though.. we are thinking of maybe driving up the coast to Eureka in September or October

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
i hate that hubby has to go back to work today :(.. it has been nice having him around this last week.. now it is back to the stupid afternoon/evening/night shifts he has :wacko:

hubby still has about 11 vacation days and 3 personal days left though.. we are thinking of maybe driving up the coast to Eureka in September or October

I know what you mean.... Glen works evenings too and gets home around 9 every night, so I'm alone from 9am-9pm. Anyway, it was nice having him around today as well, we had a great weekend. Luckily, starting next week they've asked him to go back to regular shift 8-5pm, which means I can finally eat dinner at a normal time again! I get so hungry around 6-7 I start snacking way too much! The only bad thing is he gets paid less for the day shift, oh well c'est la vie

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline
'Kathryn41' post='2959328' date='May 25 2009, 10:10 AM']Looks like you had a great time camping - I miss camping :( - thanks for sharing the pics

yeah I like camping too.. I kept it simple this time and it wasn't so stressful for me...

I have to somehow figure out how to fix our tent now though after the chipmunks ate through the door... the zipper is all messed up.... I was thinking of putting snaps or something... this was only the second time using the tent, so we don't want to just go and buy a new one...

You could try sewing ties on each side. They work really well to close the door - you could alternate from ties on the inside and on the outside so you can close the door both when inside and outside of the tent. I used to do period camping ala 1812 so all of our tents are canvas with ties. Doesn't do great keeping mosquitoes (although it helps but they keep the tent closed, and they are easy to sew on.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I know what you mean.... Glen works evenings too and gets home around 9 every night, so I'm alone from 9am-9pm. Anyway, it was nice having him around today as well, we had a great weekend. Luckily, starting next week they've asked him to go back to regular shift 8-5pm, which means I can finally eat dinner at a normal time again! I get so hungry around 6-7 I start snacking way too much! The only bad thing is he gets paid less for the day shift, oh well c'est la vie

yeah i hate his shift.. he had this shift when I first moved here but after about a year and half he finally got a day shift but then he quit the job to try out a new career that didn't work out so went back to the old job but got stuck with a evening/night shift again :wacko:

he leaves for work around 1pm and usually isn't home till well past midnight, some times he isn't home till 3 or 4 am.. so I usually make dinner and save him some leftovers...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ya my wife isnt too pleased that i want to start my nursing career on the night shift (1900-0730) The pace is a bit slower which is nice as a new RN,but the shift differential is a big bonus too,lol But mainly I would like to start at a tad slower pace.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ya my wife isnt too pleased that i want to start my nursing career on the night shift (1900-0730) The pace is a bit slower which is nice as a new RN,but the shift differential is a big bonus too,lol But mainly I would like to start at a tad slower pace.

Night shifts suck. :dead: But I do like spending Chris' extra night-shift differential pay. :P

Timeline

Night shifts suck. :dead: But I do like spending Chris' extra night-shift differential pay. :P

yeah the extra money is nice :whistle:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.