Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Last night was Mel's first experience with an earthquake. She had laid down to take a 1 hour nap at about 7:30 p.m., and at about 8:30, the earthquake hit. It wasn't a real big one, only 5.0. But I was sitting at our big desk and had to hold her monitor so it didn't fall. I ran into the other room and she looks up at me and asks "Was that an earthquake, or did a truck hit our apartment?". She wasn't too frazzled, but Stewie (our chihuahua) certainly was.

Funny you mention that! A friend of mine is on vacation in LA right now and she was freaking out on facebook about feeling a giant earthquake... Doesn't sound to giant to me :lol: I was disappointed I never felt an earthquake when I was in LA last February. I'd like to add that it rained everyday for the entire week! "Sunny California" my #######! :P

Mel kept saying for the longest time that she always wanted to feel an earthquake. She was freaking out about the 4.7 one and I don't think I made it any better when I told her that it was a little one. I remember the one in 1991 in San Francisco...... we could feel it all the way down in Los Angeles 500 miles away.

A little black dress is okay... as long as it goes below the knees and isn't too tight... so a medium black dress is actually a better term. :P

Thats not a little black dress, that's a Mom Dress :P

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't really like clothes shopping either... I'm going to a wedding in June and am just going to wear this dress I already have. Only worn it once, so why would I buy a new one!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
I don't really like clothes shopping either... I'm going to a wedding in June and am just going to wear this dress I already have. Only worn it once, so why would I buy a new one!

Blasphemy!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You go girl! Lol I hate clothes shopping too...if anything new appears in my closet, it's only because my husband bought it for me and stuck it in there, knowing full well I'll never be bothered to hit up the stores and buy something for myself. It just seems like every year the clothes get smaller and smaller, so naturally I hate trying things on. (I refuse to believe I'm getting bigger, so I put the blame on the clothes manufacturers.)

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
Last night was Mel's first experience with an earthquake. She had laid down to take a 1 hour nap at about 7:30 p.m., and at about 8:30, the earthquake hit. It wasn't a real big one, only 5.0. But I was sitting at our big desk and had to hold her monitor so it didn't fall. I ran into the other room and she looks up at me and asks "Was that an earthquake, or did a truck hit our apartment?". She wasn't too frazzled, but Stewie (our chihuahua) certainly was.

Funny you mention that! A friend of mine is on vacation in LA right now and she was freaking out on facebook about feeling a giant earthquake... Doesn't sound to giant to me :lol: I was disappointed I never felt an earthquake when I was in LA last February. I'd like to add that it rained everyday for the entire week! "Sunny California" my #######! :P

Mel kept saying for the longest time that she always wanted to feel an earthquake. She was freaking out about the 4.7 one and I don't think I made it any better when I told her that it was a little one. I remember the one in 1991 in San Francisco...... we could feel it all the way down in Los Angeles 500 miles away.

A little black dress is okay... as long as it goes below the knees and isn't too tight... so a medium black dress is actually a better term. :P

Thats not a little black dress, that's a Mom Dress :P

They're super nice, usually sun dresses or sarongs. Not mom dresses. I dunno I have never been the type to wear short skirts and stuff. It's just not me.

I would wear a dress I already have but my summer clothes aren't all appropriate for this occasion. This seems its dressy but not overly dressy. Just sort of business dressy.

Yanno wut I mean? Cuz I sure don't. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Hubby woke me up this am saying he wanted to go to the Dr's.. he has strep.. So.. now my throat hurts too :( He's on the way to get our prescriptions filled. When we saw the Dr. this morning he said as we were leaving "hope you feel better soon!".. :blink: I've never had a Dr. say that - EVER! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay carlacoffee to keep me awake on my last night of night shift.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Phew. That's a lot to catch up on since I was last here. Can't reply to everything (even though I'd like to... lol) so I've just chosen some random things.....

*Sigh* What I wouldn't do for an Everything bagel toasted with herb and garlic cream cheese, and an XL double double.

That was one of my first breakfasts when I got here (on my hols)! Except the coffee was a large, half cream, one sugar. It's nice that in Canada they know that half cream means half a shot of cream as opposed to half a cup of cream. :lol:

Do you have Wii fit? I heard it's actually really good exercise. Never tried it myself though.

I was at my daughter's house for dinner tonight and we played with the Wii fit. It was a hoot. I found out I'm a really bad slalom skiier, but my ski jumps were superb! And my son kept getting hit in the head with soccer shoes and panda heads in the soccer module. :lol: It was quite surprising how much muscle action you use. I'm thinking of getting one.

I am the ultimate skipbo champ...

I have never heard of skipbo. :unsure:

Speaking of coffee - we have been drinking Maxwell House since we ran out of Nabob that we brought with us. I don't know if it's out new-ish coffee machine or the coffee, but it just doesn't taste great anymore.

I think krikit suggested we try the starbucks breakfast blend, so I am going to pick some of that up today. Really what I want is some Nabob or MJB, of course Nabob isn't available here and MJB used to be available on Amazon but doesn't appear to be for sale there now.

I use Starbucks house blend. I mix the regular and the de-caf half and half. But I like strong coffee. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow, Trailmix. Do you want me to pick you up some Maxwell House?

it's raining now! woot!

raininfloridaMay09004.jpg

Oh yay! Awesome pic. My husband told me Fla's been getting non-stop rain and flooding and tornadoes. Can't wait. :blink:

I dunno if anyone watches dancing with stars... but I have to say damn, Gilles is HOT!! Sexy frenchmen...

I saw it for the first time on the final night. I totally agree! I was so mad he didn't win. :angry:

Ohhhhhh this apt is EVERYTHING the ad says and MORE... it's 1350 sq ft HEATED for 1100 a month.. that's UNHEARD of in this neighborhood. The floors have inlay in them, the ceilings are 10 ft high and it has a WORKING fireplace!

WE are just so flipping excited!!! YEAH :dance::dance:

We called her last night and said we would LOVE to take it. She wants someone to move in middle of next month, which is fine, as we haven't started packing yet, and keeps us from moving on July 4th weekend (we both have travel plans that weekend in separate directions), and our current landlord is okay with us staying here day by day in June.. SO... she makes her decision on who moves in on Friday!!!! :dance:

Ohmygosh, Em! I am so excited for you! *please let Em get the apartment* *please let Em get the apartment* *please oh please oh please oh please*

iagree.gif

Timeline

Hiya krikit! Thank you but we did pick up some MH at the store, they carry it here, such as it is!

Yes, it pretty much rained non - stop here for 2 and a half days, lots of torrential rain - cool to watch and cooling since it has been so hot, but i'm pretty much over it now and would like to see just a bit of sunshine!

What a lovely flower Carla :)

It's nice that in Canada they know that half cream means half a shot of cream as opposed to half a cup of cream.

This reminded me of being in vegas and asking the drink person for a vodka and lime. In Singapore a vodka and lime is .... vodka and lime juice. Well I ended up getting half a glass of vodka with a piece of lime in it. :lol:

Timeline
It's nice that in Canada they know that half cream means half a shot of cream as opposed to half a cup of cream.

This reminded me of being in vegas and asking the drink person for a vodka and lime. In Singapore a vodka and lime is .... vodka and lime juice. Well I ended up getting half a glass of vodka with a piece of lime in it. :lol:

It's awful when bartenders don't know how to make a drink and they just sort of wing it. I used to get this drink that aparently it was a regional drink called a Red Death. I was visiting some friends at univ. of Illinois and ordered a pitcher of it for my friends. The bartender had no idea what was in it and rather than ask me, he just figured he'd put a shot of everything behind the bar in a pitcher and a little coca cola and grenadine for coloring. I still cringe thinking of that hangover. :wacko:

Filed: Timeline
Hiya krikit! Thank you but we did pick up some MH at the store, they carry it here, such as it is!

Ooops! I meant Nabob! :lol: Speak now or forever be condemned to drinking Maxwell House. :devil:

:lol: Imagine what they were thinking? :lol: Yeah. I've had a few of those experiences too. Come to think of it.... they mostly involved lime juice too! I remember one time in Malta I asked for vodka and orange. Well, I got an entire glass of vodka and a dash of orange squash. I was like :blink: . Uhhh... could I have a little more, please? *another dash* No.... keep going.... keep going.... keep going. Okay, that's good. He kept looking at me like I'd lost my mind. I mean, my God. The man poured me a mickey of vodka! Was I that night's target? :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Ooops! I meant Nabob! :lol: Speak now or forever be condemned to drinking Maxwell House. :devil:

Yesssss please bring some Nabob :crying:

We just drink the regular, extra fine or fine grind nabob - as in the tradition type.

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.