• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the coffee charles.

Good morning all!

Speaking of coffee - we have been drinking Maxwell House since we ran out of Nabob that we brought with us. I don't know if it's out new-ish coffee machine or the coffee, but it just doesn't taste great anymore.

I think krikit suggested we try the starbucks breakfast blend, so I am going to pick some of that up today. Really what I want is some Nabob or MJB, of course Nabob isn't available here and MJB used to be available on Amazon but doesn't appear to be for sale there now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We used to use MJB here until we found the Seattle Mountain Columbian Coffee - wow, that is a good coffee! (We get it at Cosco - it is grind your own beans). Right now I am using a tin of Tim Hortons my Dad brought down when he visited in April. For out and about coffee, though, I much prefer Dunkin Donuts to Starbucks. The Starbucks mild blend/breakfast blend is about the only thing I find there that is even drinkable - and it has to be doctored with a lot of cream and sweetner even for that.

Oh, and thanks for the coffee, Charles.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
We used to use MJB here until we found the Seattle Mountain Columbian Coffee - wow, that is a good coffee! (We get it at Cosco - it is grind your own beans). Right now I am using a tin of Tim Hortons my Dad brought down when he visited in April. For out and about coffee, though, I much prefer Dunkin Donuts to Starbucks. The Starbucks mild blend/breakfast blend is about the only thing I find there that is even drinkable - and it has to be doctored with a lot of cream and sweetner even for that.

Oh, and thanks for the coffee, Charles.

Hmm, drinkable - not exactly what I was going for :lol: (although it's much better than not drinkable!)

I guess I will peruse the coffee selections and see what looks good, maybe i'll buy more than one kind and check them out.

Timeline

Well, just a coffee update :hehe:

We ended up buy maxwell house again. The starbucks breakfast blend was 8.49 a lb - which, if it was great coffee I would just pay - but, since it probably isn't, I didn't want to :lol:

Today is a special day, my Nephew has his High School graduation ceremony :)

Edited by trailmix

Good morning everyone! A glorious day here in St. Louis and weather here is expected to be sunny and hot this week. It seems like we've had about a week of rain here so the sunshine is welcomed indeed. We went strawberry picking this weekend, and made strawberry ice cream! We had picked up a 1960 Proctor Silex ice cream maker for $1.00 at a garage sale a few weeks ago and so took a shot at making our own and it was divine!

Enjoy your day everyone!

coffee-20.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Nice find Carla!! Ahhh the weekend, it was short and it is gone :(

We did more apt. hunting this weekend.. it was good & bad.. the place we saw yesterday shows promise, but it's got a small New England kitchen, and by that I mean it's a tiny pantry with a sink on one end (ie. only room for one person to work).. *sigh.. that's so frustrating!! :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

We did more apt. hunting this weekend.. it was good & bad.. the place we saw yesterday shows promise, but it's got a small New England kitchen, and by that I mean it's a tiny pantry with a sink on one end (ie. only room for one person to work).. *sigh.. that's so frustrating!! :(

Good morning all.

That must be annoying Em, I hope the next place you look at it perfect!

It rained here yesterday for several hours, back to the rainy season, which is not a bad thing, cools it down :)

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Good morning all.

That must be annoying Em, I hope the next place you look at it perfect!

It rained here yesterday for several hours, back to the rainy season, which is not a bad thing, cools it down :)

It was getting really discouraging, but just to find this place, that was actually an increase in sq. footage, was good for us.. we have another place that's right around the corner we want to look at today hopefully, it sounds promising too. we love the old houses, we're not really condo or apt. building people, but it's just the kitchens are so counter intuitive.. I'd have a HUGE prep area and a sink in the middle of the room (and of course the fridge and the stove in the same room as the prep area), but in these old home renos it seems they put the prep area and storage area in a different room altogether than the fridge & stove :wacko:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Good Morning! On the coffee subject, I've been drinking Folgers since I've been down here, and it's not bad. Nothing like Timmie's of course, but when you treat yourself to their hazelnut flavored coffee, it's pretty yummy :star:

Last night I booked us our waaayyy belated honeymoon! We're taking 7 night mexican cruise in September, which will be also our 3rd year anniversary, so both of us are pretty stoked. David has never been out of the country, and neither of us have ever been on a cruise, so it's going to be an adventure for both of us :dance:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
Good Morning! On the coffee subject, I've been drinking Folgers since I've been down here, and it's not bad. Nothing like Timmie's of course, but when you treat yourself to their hazelnut flavored coffee, it's pretty yummy :star:

Last night I booked us our waaayyy belated honeymoon! We're taking 7 night mexican cruise in September, which will be also our 3rd year anniversary, so both of us are pretty stoked. David has never been out of the country, and neither of us have ever been on a cruise, so it's going to be an adventure for both of us :dance:

Oh that sounds like fun Misty :)

Timeline

I love cruising! My sister and her hubby leave on a cruise today from Ft. Lauderdale, it's their 1 year anniversary. Cruises are soooo fun!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Last night was Mel's first experience with an earthquake. She had laid down to take a 1 hour nap at about 7:30 p.m., and at about 8:30, the earthquake hit. It wasn't a real big one, only 5.0. But I was sitting at our big desk and had to hold her monitor so it didn't fall. I ran into the other room and she looks up at me and asks "Was that an earthquake, or did a truck hit our apartment?". She wasn't too frazzled, but Stewie (our chihuahua) certainly was.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.