Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

^^ That's a really good idea Marilyn, just take stuff that's irreplaceable.

Jill - I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to fit everything!! When I moved away to University, I had a lot of stuff and I left a lot of stuff back home too!!

I'm only taking:

-Clothes, mostly just summer clothes - no winter coats yet

-Jewelry, accessories

-Shoes - I probably own like 50 pairs, but I'll probably just bring 15-20 or so and get rid of the rest (well overdue for that)

-Any expensive toiletries, otherwise I'm just going to buy all new stuff when I get there

-a tube with my degrees

That's it!

I'm going pack my beads/jewlery making tools, dvds and books (limited ones) and any stationary or photo albums etc. in boxes to ship or drive back with at some point.

The one thing I really want to bring, but am not sure how is my jewelry box. It's a big wooden Bombay one, and don't want to ship it. I think when I come back to visit, I'll take it back as a carry on since I have the box. Not sure though.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, we just had our garage sale - not too bad. It has been threatening rain all day and we weren't sure if it would hold off or not - plus the community gave such short notice there were only 3 other people who managed to get things ready in time. We had some pieces of furniture to sell - a cabinet, a table, an ottoman, 2 small tray tables and a sofa. We only have the sofa left - and could have sold the cabinet twice. (Someone looked at it, drove away, then came back to buy it but we had already sold it to someone else - we are just waiting for them to pick it up). We made $110 which is cool considering that except for the above items which totaled $65 of the profits the rest was from ten cents to a dollar stuff. We only have 2 boxes of things left to donate to Good Will and some books to donate to the Library - and the sofa. It's funny - things that you don't think will sell, do and things you think will go right away, don't. Prices were definitely cheap - but hey, that's what garage sales are for! We really needed to clean out the space so now I get to go back and organize the garage. Yay! (Ok, not yay, but you understand).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
look back now tough, I wish I would have kept my kitchen stuff.. my hubby didn't really have anything :P

I'm happy I had an entire kitchen of stuff, as I lived alone for 3 years before moving. So my kitchen was complete, and he barely had anything! We would have spent alot just on kitchen items.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
look back now tough, I wish I would have kept my kitchen stuff.. my hubby didn't really have anything :P

I'm happy I had an entire kitchen of stuff, as I lived alone for 3 years before moving. So my kitchen was complete, and he barely had anything! We would have spent alot just on kitchen items.

well, luckily my SIL had a "wedding reception" for us after I moved here and I did get a lot of stuff I needed...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

My husband is SO funny but he doesn't even know it.

The people downstairs treat their little bit of yard like its a palace, they lay out grass, put out fountains and everything. I mean its so cluttered, it doesn't even look nice but they seem to enjoy it. They just bought tile and are laying it down at the front of their place and putting a fountain out there. We live in a complex... I understand that you want your place to look nice but the property in front of your apartment isn't technically yours.

ANYWAYS... my husband just went outside and told the lady:

"Wow you're working hard"

And the lady smiles and agrees.

Then he says:

"So much work, I mean when you move you're going to have to take all of this stuff with you..."

*She just kind of stops what she's doing here and looks at him

And he says: "OH I guess you never plan on leaving huh??"

She just looked at him all confused and he just shrugged and walked away. It was just a funny awkward moment between them. He is SO funny but he doesn't even know it. I love it.

I just stood by the door laughing my butt off in silence.

If you guys don't already know they are just really ####### neighbors. It was funny... in a weird way.

I guess you had to be there..

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
-Shoes - I probably own like 50 pairs, but I'll probably just bring 15-20 or so and get rid of the rest (well overdue for that)

:lol: I'm doing the same thing. I have a hard time getting rid of shoes, even if I never wear them or don't really like them anymore... I think its time for a clean out! I have like 10 boxes of stuff packed up already, and everything I'm taking needs to fit in my fiances grand prix. I guess I can just get the unimportant stuff shipped later... 21 years of being a pack rat is really coming back to haunt me!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
no coffee today? :unsure:

Guess they went on strike. . . . but I had Timmies coffee this am. I'm running low on the grind though, so I'm afraid there is none to share.

Timeline

I am the ultimate skipbo champ...

between my husband and friends of course.

We lost two cards through our balcony, hoping the neighbors downstairs will spare us and allow us to retrieve them tomorrow.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I am the ultimate skipbo champ...

between my husband and friends of course.

We lost two cards through our balcony, hoping the neighbors downstairs will spare us and allow us to retrieve them tomorrow.

oh I love skip-bo...

my grandparents on my dad's side loved playing games, Uno, Skip-bo, dominoes etc... I loved skip-bo so much I made my own cards twice ..lol the first set I made out of any old piece of cardboard I could find, even the cardboard that comes with pantyhose..lol the second set I made a few years later out of poster board..

I do finally have a real set of skip-bo cards now though :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: I'm doing the same thing. I have a hard time getting rid of shoes, even if I never wear them or don't really like them anymore... I think its time for a clean out! I have like 10 boxes of stuff packed up already, and everything I'm taking needs to fit in my fiances grand prix. I guess I can just get the unimportant stuff shipped later... 21 years of being a pack rat is really coming back to haunt me!

I ended up counting more than 50 pairs shoes when I counted (including flip flops and such). I'm down to 30... but I still want to get down even more!! It was so hard! I have serious serious problems with shopping. This is really making me realize that I shop and over consume WAY TOO MUCH.

I managed to fit 3/4 of the shoes into my carry on luggage - since they are so heavy I didnt' want them to make my suitcases go overweight....not sure if I'll keep them there yet, but they all fit with more room to spare... so that's good.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My sister is coming in 27 days! There will be Timmies! Oh yes, there will be Timmies!!!

Jealous. For family visitors and also Timmies refuel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My sister is coming in 27 days! There will be Timmies! Oh yes, there will be Timmies!!!

:bonk: share the timbits!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.