Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
so the lady I worked for pointed something out today that I never really noticed before.. the 1 year old seems to call me Na-Na or something like that.. she says he only says that when he is around me... so once she mentioned it of course I noticed it... it is so cute.. :)

I love when kids do that. My husband's niece is named Antonia. She has a 2 year old niece who can't say Antonia, so she calls her Aunt Turkey. So guess what Antonia's new name is? :lol:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Adventure #2:

My Mum and my daughter picked me up at the Buffalo airport. They had booked adjoining rooms at a local hotel (my daughter's two friends came also.... they're a hoot). The rooms had balconies overlooking the indoor pool and bar area where a wedding reception was being held. We noticed that the table centrepieces were flowers in glass cases.... a la Beauty and the Beast..... it held promise. We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, did some shopping, and came back to the hotel. The reception had begun. We got changed and went down to the pool. The wedding party guys were hanging over the bar railing trying to pick up the girls. The pink ties they were wearing on their heads really highlighted their masculinity and appeal. The DJ announced the bride-and-father dance. *queue to Sweet Child o' Mine by Guns n' Roses* :blink:

The bride-and-groom dance was just as lovely, however, the song escapes me at the moment. Reception informed us that there was another wedding the following night. We changed hotels.

:lol:

and Aunt Turkey :lol:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
so the lady I worked for pointed something out today that I never really noticed before.. the 1 year old seems to call me Na-Na or something like that.. she says he only says that when he is around me... so once she mentioned it of course I noticed it... it is so cute.. :)

That is so cute!

yeah it is..

that kid is the cutest thing ever...even when he is sick he is still smiling and happy....

he is just starting to kind of say a few words, like, "Oh Oh" he was saying that this morning when he tipping over his sippy cup on the tray of his high chair...lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I love when kids do that. My husband's niece is named Antonia. She has a 2 year old niece who can't say Antonia, so she calls her Aunt Turkey. So guess what Antonia's new name is? :lol:

when one of my little brother's started talking he started calling me Munya.. he still calls me that to this day ..lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

this job was kind of hard at first mentally... but I think being around Reece has really helped me heal a lot... I was almost dead set on not trying for another baby before I started this job... now I am leaning more towards trying again...

and I find it kind of interesting that had my daughter been born when she was supposed to, her and Reece would be about the same age...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My neighbors have been fighting for the past two hours. :blink:

You'd think they'd grow tired or one lose their voice at least but they're still at it.

Two. Hours.

Lucky the walls are thick so it just sounds kind of muffled when they scream but you can still kind of hear it.

And yes my husband and I turned down the tv and stood with our ears to the walls for a bit. :P

maybe they are just having angry sex? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
ok so I have a small problem...

I back ordered something for hubby from Amazon a few weeks ago and it finally became available and they are shipping it today and it is due to arrive on Friday... the catch is I work on Friday but the hubby will be home... I kind of wanted this thing to be a surprise.... and wanted to be there when he saw it... I could tell him not to open the box but I am not sure if it says on the box what it is... :unsure:

i guess I could just tell him now what I got... :unsure:

so it looks like the package will be delivered tomorrow so crisis adverted :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My neighbors have been fighting for the past two hours. :blink:

You'd think they'd grow tired or one lose their voice at least but they're still at it.

Two. Hours.

Lucky the walls are thick so it just sounds kind of muffled when they scream but you can still kind of hear it.

And yes my husband and I turned down the tv and stood with our ears to the walls for a bit. :P

maybe they are just having angry sex? :unsure:

:rofl: Its always a possibility!

This is totally random, but you know when some people make a new thread and they have a smiley beside the topic name? How do you get that? I've always wondered...

Timeline

when you go to post a new thread at the bottom of the post box there is a section that says "Post Icons" you can pick any of those and they will then appear by your thread..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
when you go to post a new thread at the bottom of the post box there is a section that says "Post Icons" you can pick any of those and they will then appear by your thread..

Wow, I feel stupid for not noticing that! :lol: Thanks Marilyn, you're a peach!

Timeline

Good Morning all, mmmm Timmys!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Good afternoon everyone! We had some really bad storms last night that kept us awake for hours. Power went out at 2:00 a.m. and it was SO hot in the house. I left to go to my volunteer job at 8:30 a.m. and the power still wasn't on. Just got home, and it looks like the power came back on about a half hour ago. Thanks for pouring coffee this morning trailmix!

Welcome back Krikit! Quite the adventures! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good afternoon everyone! We had some really bad storms last night that kept us awake for hours. Power went out at 2:00 a.m. and it was SO hot in the house. I left to go to my volunteer job at 8:30 a.m. and the power still wasn't on. Just got home, and it looks like the power came back on about a half hour ago. Thanks for pouring coffee this morning trailmix!

Welcome back Krikit! Quite the adventures! :lol:

Hi there Carla!

Oh the power being off and no aircon! Have only had that once here, when we were living in that apartment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.