Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It's a cool Mother's Day here in Michigan. My mother is in Arizona, and she's already out & about. I can't seem to get a hold of her to wish her a Happy Mother's Day and buy her a Starbucks... so...

Here's to the mothers in the Canadian Forum! Happy Mother's Day!!

starbucks.jpg

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

While the forecast here is for thunderstorms all day it has been one of those perfect weather days - a bit overcast, a pleasant breeze, warm but not too humid - a perfect day for sitting outside and enjoying a book! My step daughter called me this morning to wish me Happy Mother's Day and to tell me I have been more a mother to her than her own mother ever was and how grateful she was that Joe and I got married - what a lovely gift! She and her family are working at the Scarborough Fair Renaissance Festival (every weekend until Memorial Day) so we didn't get a chance to talk long as she had to hurry away to get dressed. hehehe, she and her husband are selling swords and knives in the Sword and Knife shop. Last year she dressed as a pirate wench and this year she is dressed as the sweet little 'fluffball' as she calls it - fluffy skirts, yarn ribbon in her hair ("I look like a poodle with blue ears!") and she gets to play a ditzy character asking if people want a pointy sword or a cutty sword or a jabby sword, hehehe. She is a born actress and I can see her milking the part for all it is worth! Anyway, it was great to hear from them. Then, Joe and I went out for lunch at Chili's, then over to Barnes & Noble for coffee and stopped at Sears and Lowes on the way home to look at Pergolas - we are having trouble finding exactly what we want for the new patio out back. Still, a nice day all around. Those thunderstorms may come in later, though - it is now getting overcast.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Anybody here watch Desperate Housewives?

An immigration related episode, Jackson gets Susan to marry him "fake marriage" so that he doesn't get deported due to overstaying his student visa as he is from Canada. Just before they are about to head to the courthouse the immigration officials come by the house and arrest him for overstaying his visa. :lol: The previous show Jackson had stated he had only overstayed by like a week and the immigration officials contacted him. I don't believe that would happen in real life. :unsure: Anyways, we will see what happens next week! I can't believe I actually watch this #######... :blush:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

I had a great mothers day. We were down at the shore all weekend for Ethan's hockey games, so this morning Mike wakes me up with an amazing breakfast! Then Ethan gave me his present which was a poem he wrote and it was so damn random and cute and just so Ethan as well as the breakfast club on DVD! Hells ya since I only had it on VHS so that was the best gift ever. It's my favourite movie.

It was just a good day.

I am watching this show called Jersey Shore unleashed on E! and it is SO HILARIOUSLY AWFUL! Ahh I can't stand people like this. They have no substance at all.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

An immigration related episode, Jackson gets Susan to marry him "fake marriage" so that he doesn't get deported due to overstaying his student visa as he is from Canada. Just before they are about to head to the courthouse the immigration officials come by the house and arrest him for overstaying his visa. :lol: The previous show Jackson had stated he had only overstayed by like a week and the immigration officials contacted him. I don't believe that would happen in real life. :unsure: Anyways, we will see what happens next week! I can't believe I actually watch this #######... :blush:

Omg yes! :lol: How fitting that the officials came and got him at his house at the exact moment they were leaving to get married! People live illegally in the US for years and nobody shows up at their front door in a sedan and takes them of to jail. To make it better he's Canadian! I knew I liked him for a reason!

Omg yes! :lol: How fitting that the officials came and got him at his house at the exact moment they were leaving to get married! People live illegally in the US for years and nobody shows up at their front door in a sedan and takes them of to jail. To make it better he's Canadian! I knew I liked him for a reason!

:lol: I knew I wasn't the only one.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Funny story! A co-worker of mine was asking me about my move plans, and I told him that I received my visa last week so I could start planning everything. He looked kinda surprised and asked me what I had to do to get it. I told him about all the paperwork, and the waiting, and our travels to Montreal for the interview. After looking a little confused he said, "Really? all that? When I got my Visa all I had to do was fill out a piece of paper and I got it in the mail in a week... Complete with a $1000 limit!" :rofl:

Timeline

Ohh we need help my VJ comrades!! Still on the house hunt, still trying to find something nice to live in. We saw a BEAUTIFUL place over the weekend..

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/apa/1155428630.html

It's more like a condo than an apt. We currently live in about 1100 sq ft, and this is more like 800-900 sq ft. BUT it is completely renovated (no dishwasher), has a cute balcony, and a beautiful common area around back. The grounds are immaculate, it's right off a main street, close to shopping. Hubby & I were both impressed, but the one down side is that we'd have to SERIOUSLY down size.. AND it has no storage at all (only 3 med closets), so we'd have no place for our bikes, christmas tree etc. So the Realtor came back this morning saying the landlord would give us a small storage space in the basement for some of our overflow..

WHAT TO DO?

The upsides are it's completely new, and shows beautifully, it's cheaper than where we are living now and honestly it's really impressive. I'd still be able to get to work quickly and easily (bus ride instead of a walk though) and if hubby's working (we only have one car) I'd still be close to shopping.

Down side is that it's smaller, and if hubby's kids come to visit there's no real yard (checking for parks in the area), and it's pretty close to the "getto"..

WHY are these things so flipping difficult? :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That place is so cute Em!

I understand your concern at it being smaller, that is an issue - however do you have that bit of outside space that they show in the picture? As for storage, the basement sounds like a good solution - I don't know how much of a hassle that is?

Good morning everyone :)

Thanks for the coffee Carla

Timeline
That place is so cute Em!

I understand your concern at it being smaller, that is an issue - however do you have that bit of outside space that they show in the picture? As for storage, the basement sounds like a good solution - I don't know how much of a hassle that is?

Good morning everyone :)

Thanks for the coffee Carla

Yep the outside space is included.. loads of loungers we can put our gas grill out there, and it is completely fenced in a private. A HUGE plus plus plus.. the building only had 4 units as well, so we don't have to share it with a LOAD of people... could be fun.

*sigh.. decisions like this are tough.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yep the outside space is included.. loads of loungers we can put our gas grill out there, and it is completely fenced in a private. A HUGE plus plus plus.. the building only had 4 units as well, so we don't have to share it with a LOAD of people... could be fun.

*sigh.. decisions like this are tough.

Oh so you get a private fenced in area even! Nice!

Yeah it's hard to make housing decisions indeed. Plus, you walk to work now, so you are looking a bit further out of the area, so then you think, well if I have to take a bus anyway maybe we should look at such and such an area too and get more space but a longer commute for the same money :lol:

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.