Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

is it safe to appear in the canadian forum again? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok so this morning I changed my mind about getting the zen mozaic because the only place I can find it is on Amazon and I want to make sure I get it before our camping trip in less then 2 weeks so I then looked at walmart and found a sony mp3 player that got great reviews but then I did a search to see if it was available at any stores close to me and they are all out of stock at the 3 stores it is available in within 100 miles of here :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ok so this morning I changed my mind about getting the zen mozaic because the only place I can find it is on Amazon and I want to make sure I get it before our camping trip in less then 2 weeks so I then looked at walmart and found a sony mp3 player that got great reviews but then I did a search to see if it was available at any stores close to me and they are all out of stock at the 3 stores it is available in within 100 miles of here :P

Amazon is usually pretty quick shipping out their stuff if it is in stock, I have found. I just bought some books there and it took 1 week to get them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can also chose an expedited shipping with Amazon which can get it to you the next day if you are willing to pay the price.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

So I thought this was funny. I got a card in the mail from RBC today, open a Money Market acct blah blah blah. They mention on this card that they are part of the Royal Bank of Canada :o

So then I wonder if they mention it on their website now - pretty sure they didn't before - and sure enough

In today's economy, RBC Bank is especially fortunate to be a part of the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) family. With deep knowledge and experience, RBC is one of North America's largest and most stable financial institutions, backed with a strong financial profile. RBC Bank clients enjoy the service, attention and relationships associated with a "hometown" bank, but with the breadth and depth of a global financial institution.

Guess it's convenient now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So I thought this was funny. I got a card in the mail from RBC today, open a Money Market acct blah blah blah. They mention on this card that they are part of the Royal Bank of Canada :o

So then I wonder if they mention it on their website now - pretty sure they didn't before - and sure enough

In today's economy, RBC Bank is especially fortunate to be a part of the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) family. With deep knowledge and experience, RBC is one of North America's largest and most stable financial institutions, backed with a strong financial profile. RBC Bank clients enjoy the service, attention and relationships associated with a "hometown" bank, but with the breadth and depth of a global financial institution.

It would be so awesome to be able to transfer money between CDN and US accounts. If RBC does that, I would so switch!

I only have 15 days left of work after today!!!!! That makes me happy and is my off-topic note of the day.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
is it safe to appear in the canadian forum again? :unsure:

Just to be safe, I'd wear a ghillie suit made up of maple leaves.

i'll carry a hockey stick too. that will help me blend in.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

It would be so awesome to be able to transfer money between CDN and US accounts. If RBC does that, I would so switch!

I only have 15 days left of work after today!!!!! That makes me happy and is my off-topic note of the day.

Yes, absolutely you can do this with RBC.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

so I ended up buying a red Sony 4gb one for 70 bucks at Walmart.. the one I wanted form Amazon would have about 60 bucks with shipping and taxes and it was only a 2GB..

this one seems like it is way better quality wise then the 50 dollar RCA one we bought a year or so ago that broke about a month or two after we bought it :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I am feeling ab it sad at the moment.. I found out today that my little sis is having her 15th Birthday party tomorrow.. (her actual Birthday is Monday) just got me to thinking that I have missed out on a lot of her Birthdays already, 5 of them, I think :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I just went back and read all the nice comments you guys made about me and the kitties - thanks, that is very sweet of you:-).

Momma cat moved her kitten again to the back yard under the hostas next to the house by the back door. It is probably a much wiser choice for her, although I sure wish she would use the little shelter I made for them! We are having lots of rain and so (big sigh!) yes, I worry about the kitten, hehehehe. When she showed up after the last big shower, though, she was dry so she is obviously well sheltered under there.

Krikit - have lots of fun on your trip home - it's a great time of year to be in Canada right now - Spring is happening everywhere! I didn't change my name on marriage and it hasn't been a hassle at all. I did write an 'explanation' of why I chose to keep my name in my AOS application but nothing since. It didn't seem to be an issue with the I-751 and I don't expect it will be on with citizenship either. Safe travels!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

ok so far I love my Mp3 player.. super easy to add music to it. and just for kicks I tried out the video sample they had on it and the quality is pretty good.. although the screen is a little small...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I was just having a conversation about airports with a friend of mine and I realized... I've flown wayyy to much over the last 4 years. I can't wait to be a normal person where I don't have to pack up and go somewhere on a bimonthly basis! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.