5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Me too, krikit . .. . (Big sigh)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Morning all.. feeling better today.. hubby drugged me last night so I would sleep all night thru... and It helped.. i feel loads better than yesterday.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Good morning! :) Rise and Shine! :lol: So glad you're feeling better Em. I received my new passport yesterday! Once received in Gatineau, it only took a week to process and get back to me. :thumbs:

Have a great day everyone!

esspresso-coffee.jpg

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Well, the little black and white kitten who was Lucy's baby last summer is a mother now herself. I 'thought' she was pregnant and then last Thursday thought she might be showing signs of labour, but she is so tiny and didn't have a big belly or anything like that. She showed up as regular on Friday and seemed unchanged so I honestly began to wonder if she was having a false pregnancy. Today when I am going by the side yard I heard this loud mewing. I tracked it down to the Indian Laurel bush and there behind on the ground was a several days old solid black healthy looking single kitten! Mother came running at that stage but wouldn't approach until I backed away at which stage she darted into the bushes.

It is really kind of exposed to the weather there so I went to the store and bought one of those inexpensive styrofoam coolers and some baby blankets at the good will and put them by where the kitten was. Momma Star wasn't happy with that and then moved the kitten to another bush out front where they are now, even though it is threatening rain. It is under the pear tree, under the bushes so perhaps a little bit better coverage than at the side of the house but not much. Every time she leaves the kitten it starts to squall, but she is letting me pet her still and eating. I am hoping this kitten makes it. I have moved the 'kitten box' to the front under the table and hopefully she will discover that it is a good place to keep babies. I hope so - now I get to worry about the well-being of this little kitten too. I don't think Joe is going to be pleased with this development!

I also took the former tomcat in for his distemper booster today and to be dewormed. As the vet says, he is healthy enough - he just doesn't look it! I am hoping he will now start to put on weight and get back into condition so I can find him a home too.

Kathryn,

I am always in awe of all the things you do for those cats. Forget "cat lady" ... You're an amazing, inspiring woman!

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Filed: Timeline

So glad you're feeling better, Em. Thanks for the coffee, Carla. Glad you got your passport back. That was quick. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking of everything I need to do. I'm going to be renewing my passport in person next week..... so then I started having anxiety attacks because I am getting ready to remove conditions and I've decided not to change my name because it's a total pain in the ####### so then I was thinking "What if they don't believe me that I married in good faith?" I'll have to write a letter of explanation... maybe I should change my name.... no, that would be a pita. And round and round and round we go. I hate waking up in the middle of the night. icon2.gif

Well, my husband has headed off to his golf tournament and I am doing laundry and basically passing time until I can check in online for my flight tomorrow (24 hour advance check-in for a good seat). Then I'm heading out the door to pick up a Harley t-shirt icon2.gif and I'll go and get my nails done. And pick up dry cleaning. And go to the bank. I'm sure I've forgotten something. :unsure:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, the little black and white kitten who was Lucy's baby last summer is a mother now herself. I 'thought' she was pregnant and then last Thursday thought she might be showing signs of labour, but she is so tiny and didn't have a big belly or anything like that. She showed up as regular on Friday and seemed unchanged so I honestly began to wonder if she was having a false pregnancy. Today when I am going by the side yard I heard this loud mewing. I tracked it down to the Indian Laurel bush and there behind on the ground was a several days old solid black healthy looking single kitten! Mother came running at that stage but wouldn't approach until I backed away at which stage she darted into the bushes.

It is really kind of exposed to the weather there so I went to the store and bought one of those inexpensive styrofoam coolers and some baby blankets at the good will and put them by where the kitten was. Momma Star wasn't happy with that and then moved the kitten to another bush out front where they are now, even though it is threatening rain. It is under the pear tree, under the bushes so perhaps a little bit better coverage than at the side of the house but not much. Every time she leaves the kitten it starts to squall, but she is letting me pet her still and eating. I am hoping this kitten makes it. I have moved the 'kitten box' to the front under the table and hopefully she will discover that it is a good place to keep babies. I hope so - now I get to worry about the well-being of this little kitten too. I don't think Joe is going to be pleased with this development!

I also took the former tomcat in for his distemper booster today and to be dewormed. As the vet says, he is healthy enough - he just doesn't look it! I am hoping he will now start to put on weight and get back into condition so I can find him a home too.

Kathryn,

I am always in awe of all the things you do for those cats. Forget "cat lady" ... You're an amazing, inspiring woman!

I 100% agree! I had tears in my eyes just now reading all the things you're doing for those kitties, and how much you care for them! I'm a huuuge animal lover too, and it breaks my heart to see an animal suffering or in need of care, so I am so grateful to hear that there are people like you out there going out of your way to help those innocent creatures :thumbs:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Timeline
Kathryn,

I 100% agree! I had tears in my eyes just now reading all the things you're doing for those kitties, and how much you care for them! I'm a huuuge animal lover too, and it breaks my heart to see an animal suffering or in need of care, so I am so grateful to hear that there are people like you out there going out of your way to help those innocent creatures :thumbs:

*raises timbit in agreement*

iagree.gif

Timeline

I'm having one of those days... I just sat here and fanned white out tape waiting for it to dry. Only after about a minute did I realize what I was doing.

:bonk:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Krikit, I wouldn't even give a second thought to the name change affecting removal of conditions... so many people don't change their name, I'm sure USCIS sees that alot and it's not a reason to suspect anything....

I went to the dentist this morning for a cleaning and my gums are aching! She sure did scrape hard. It's not like I haven't been recently I go every 4 months to get cleaned.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Kathryn,

*raises timbit in agreement*

:lol::thumbs:

Sounds like a realllllly toooo busy day there krikit!

Timeline
Well, my husband has headed off to his golf tournament and I am doing laundry and basically passing time until I can check in online for my flight tomorrow (24 hour advance check-in for a good seat). Then I'm heading out the door to pick up a Harley t-shirt icon2.gif and I'll go and get my nails done. And pick up dry cleaning. And go to the bank. I'm sure I've forgotten something. :unsure:

Wow. You just made me realize something. I never check in for my flights early, I always think, "whats the point? I'll just do it at the darn airport..." But I always get seated at the back of the plane or in the dreaded middle seat. Checking in early helps you get a better seat! Of course! All these years... :unsure:

Krikit, I wouldn't even give a second thought to the name change affecting removal of conditions... so many people don't change their name, I'm sure USCIS sees that alot and it's not a reason to suspect anything....

I went to the dentist this morning for a cleaning and my gums are aching! She sure did scrape hard. It's not like I haven't been recently I go every 4 months to get cleaned.

Ugh I HATE that!! Its one of the reasons why I hate the dentist. The hygienist he uses is such a mean woman and she's so rough with my mouth. She always yells at me saying I should do this, and do that with my teeth... but in 21 years I've never had a cavity or a serious issue with my any of my teeth. I'm pretty sure my technique is working well! Do they need to be so mean?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.