• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay it's a carlacoffee day. :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Morning all.. I was thinking of your house hunting too trailmix! Hope you get your answers soon.. geesh.. are we in an economic crisis right now? Everyone I know whose buying big items is being put through the ringer.. which I understand to some degree, but on another degree.. it's hard to get the economy running again if you are making it hard to BUY! :(

OH and I is ill today.. think it's exhaustion.. going to stay home and just sleep today.. need to take care of myself.

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning everyone. :) Today I am going to the hairdresser. I hate going to the hairdresser. :angry:

Hope you have a wonderfully relaxing day today Em!

Why do you hate going ot the hairdresser krikit?

Filed: Timeline
Good morning everyone. :) Today I am going to the hairdresser. I hate going to the hairdresser. :angry:

At the hairdresser's! They have wireless so I brought my laptop. Makes it less painful. LOL. I hate making smalltalk and I hate wet hair. I also hate the feeling of being trapped somewhere. I often wonder why I moved here and married. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
For those of you that like KFC, if you go to oprah.com/kfc you can print up to 4 coupons for a free meal - 2 pieces of grilled chicken, 2 sides and a biscuit.

My friend in Chicago is a part of the brains behind the kentucky grilled chicken ads, and he emailed me about this yesterday. He didn't tell me straight out he just wrote: "If you like KFC... watch oprah tomorrow you may get a big surprise" Err okay. :lol:

I am not a fan of KFC but its cool that they're giving free stuff away. Who doesn't like free stuff??

LoL, if you read the fine print, it says something to the effect that what pieces of chicken you get are up to the manager, IE, you get dark meat :crying:

I still love El Pollo Loco 1000000 times better

I want to get the Zen Mosaic 2GB MP3 player.. it got a tonne of good reviews and only costs about 50 dollars..

I know it's a bit more money, but you should also look into a 4GB Zune for $99. It plays video too. I have an expensive iPod and that Zune and I LOVE my Zune 10 times more than my iPod. I am SO impressed by the quality of the Zune and the features. It also has a radio in it, which I LOVE! I find the Zune far superior to the iPod.

Really? I've been thinking about getting a Zune for a while! I've killed 2 cheaper Mp3 players, so I kinda gave up on them. I've heard some negative things about iPods too... everyone I know has broken there's within a few months of having it. The Zune seems to be a little stronger and its just different! I hate getting things that everyone else has :lol:

I got a free Zune and I absolutely hated it. If you don't get all your music from iTunes or your own CD collection (yes, I am beating around the bush :innocent: ), the Zune rejects a lot of music files. I hated the video playback on it too. I know it's not in your price range Marilyn, but I for those who are in the market, either the newest generation of the 30 gb iPod or even the new nano is a vast improvement. The newest nanos have a much bigger screen, and the functionality is much smoother and intuitive. It pains me to praise any Apple product.... I hate Mac's, they are devil tools of the yuppy!!!!1

Timeline
I want to get the Zen Mosaic 2GB MP3 player.. it got a tonne of good reviews and only costs about 50 dollars..

Good Morning everyone! Oh Marilyn, I have a Zen Mosaic and it's awesome! I got it at Target on sale for $59.99. It's specially good for audio books as it as bookmarks, something my other one didn't have. I love it.

cool, I think I am going to get it.. it is 54 dollars on Amazon with free shipping...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

At the hairdresser's! They have wireless so I brought my laptop. Makes it less painful. LOL. I hate making smalltalk and I hate wet hair. I also hate the feeling of being trapped somewhere. I often wonder why I moved here and married. :lol:

That is very interesting!! I don't know if you saw my post last year, I went to the hairdresser's here and I was not a happy camper - feeling trapped. I managed to sit there through it - haven't had my hair cut since. It is getting kind of long.

Timeline

I taught my first class last night. No, I'm not a teacher or professor, but I'm volunteering at the local community center to instruct people on how to use computers.

It was great! I felt like everyone learned something and they really seemed to like me and my instruction. Even better, the volunteer coordinator was highly impressed. That means I'm likely to get a very good reference out of this and in the meantime, actually get some people to use and understand computers (to some degree, anyway).

Many of these individuals are older and have little-to-no knowledge of computers at all. For instance, there was one woman in my class that didn't know what a mouse was and had to be shown how to use it. Maybe that seems incredible nowadays, but apparently not impossible.

So anyway... I teach "Introduction to Computers" (a general overview course), "Introduction to the Internet" and "Introduction to Digital Imaging."

Timeline
I taught my first class last night. No, I'm not a teacher or professor, but I'm volunteering at the local community center to instruct people on how to use computers.

It was great! I felt like everyone learned something and they really seemed to like me and my instruction. Even better, the volunteer coordinator was highly impressed. That means I'm likely to get a very good reference out of this and in the meantime, actually get some people to use and understand computers (to some degree, anyway).

Many of these individuals are older and have little-to-no knowledge of computers at all. For instance, there was one woman in my class that didn't know what a mouse was and had to be shown how to use it. Maybe that seems incredible nowadays, but apparently not impossible.

So anyway... I teach "Introduction to Computers" (a general overview course), "Introduction to the Internet" and "Introduction to Digital Imaging."

Sounds interesting Deadpool :thumbs:

That fact that someone didn't know what a mouse is - aside from a rodent - doesn't surprise me at all. We are given to believe that everyone is computer and internet savvy when in fact that is very very far from the truth (which of course you know since you are teaching the course!)

Timeline

That's good stuff! The reference will be good plus you're helping people too!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Hi xtina! I have noticed you haven't been around. :(

So there's a fashion show today at my work, some benefit for some organization. Anyhoo the other assistant and I are sitting at our desks eating cheesecake while the models walk by... I can't explain the guilt I feel... yet at the same time I'm just like: "IN YO FACE LADIEZZ"

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ya, Ive been back and forth from C-bus to visit Buddy so much, when Im in TO, I dont have much time or access to a pc as I do when Im "on vacation" lol

Soo much to catch up on with all the readings here but for the most part, looks like everybodys doing good :)

As well, Hi to those I dont know!

For the record, BB and I are doing great! We're still in "dating mode" and haven't decided where we want to set up shop to call home. We don't want to rush into something that we aren't completely sure of as of yet. So, we're both still doing the travelling to the other to get some together time :) But I am armed with all the info I need for whatever choice we make :) And Ive read through the whole wedding info thread, so when that time comes, Ill be even more so prepped hehe!

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.