Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
start on laundry, plan a trip to FL? Girls honestly.. it's only 7:30 (earlier for Carla)...

I've barely got my eyes open.... geepers :)

I want a trip to FL.. :( I'm going to start venting.. so I may go to the venting thread......

I think you need to make a trip down here at the same time! :dance:

I've been up since 5:30 so I'm kind of part-way through my day. I get up with my husband, make his breffrus and lunch, then sit down at the computer with my coffee. Which is kind of hard to do today because I couldn't get to sleep last night. :dead:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

start on laundry, plan a trip to FL? Girls honestly.. it's only 7:30 (earlier for Carla)...

I want a trip to FL.. :( I'm going to start venting.. so I may go to the venting thread......

I've been up since 5:30 so I'm kind of part-way through my day. I get up with my husband, make his breffrus and lunch, then sit down at the computer with my coffee. Which is kind of hard to do today because I couldn't get to sleep last night. :dead:

Same here. We get up at 5:00 a.m. and I make Gene breakfast and his lunch. Then I make the bed, get my coffee, read and reply to email, then get my coffee picture and then come here to post. My Dad and Mom call on Sunday mornings at about 9:00 a.m. our time and often say "did we get you out of bed?" :lol: Funny! Now, mind you, getting up at 5:00 a.m. every morning has it's draw backs.... First, you don't sleep in on weekends, unless it's until 6:00 a.m., and secondly, you're in beddie by 9:00 or 9:30 pm at night! When Gene and I started "dating", I told him, being from Saskatchewan, I was used to getting up early with the chickens and cows! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Same here. We get up at 5:00 a.m. and I make Gene breakfast and his lunch. Then I make the bed, get my coffee, read and reply to email, then get my coffee picture and then come here to post. My Dad and Mom call on Sunday mornings at about 9:00 a.m. our time and often say "did we get you out of bed?" :lol: Funny! Now, mind you, getting up at 5:00 a.m. every morning has it's draw backs.... First, you don't sleep in on weekends, unless it's until 6:00 a.m., and secondly, you're in beddie by 9:00 or 9:30 pm at night! When Gene and I started "dating", I told him, being from Saskatchewan, I was used to getting up early with the chickens and cows! :lol:

:wacko: I manage to mumble an "I love you" to hubby when he kisses me goodbye when he leaves at 5:30am (i'm still in bed).. that's about all I can muster :) He packs his own microwave lunch (tee hee).. but that's the way he likes it honest :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

My parents phone on Sundays too! But I don't go to bed before 11:00pm. I actually hate going to bed. I'm scared I'll miss something. lol

Bleh. VJ keeps hanging on me. I guess it's time to start the laundry. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all.

carla, you're gonna love the keys. the water there is so clear.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

Umm yeah, I get up early and make Mike lunch and start dinner and clean the floors.

Orrr perhaps I really ignore that alarm and roll over and go back to sleep until around 8. :hehe:

We went to bed early-ish - around 11.

My Sister got me the new Maeve Binchy book for my birthday, just finished my other book so I will start Maeve's book today :)

They have also made a movie of one of her short stories, How About You? (hard core - part of a short stories book called 'this year it will be different') , not released on DVD yet, but it should be good!

Umm yeah, I get up early and make Mike lunch and start dinner and clean the floors.

Orrr perhaps I really ignore that alarm and roll over and go back to sleep until around 8. :hehe:

We went to bed early-ish - around 11.

My Sister got me the new Maeve Binchy book for my birthday, just finished my other book so I will start Maeve's book today :)

They have also made a movie of one of her short stories, How About You? (hard core - part of a short stories book called 'this year it will be different') , not released on DVD yet, but it should be good!

I don't know that I've ever read any of her books. Being the book lover and snob that I am, I wonder why not?! What book of her's do you recommend for an introduction to her books?

I got the new Wally Lamb book for Christmas. He's one of my favourite authors. It's called The Hour I First Believed. His other books are good, this one was as well, but my favourite of his is I Know This Much Is True.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

The first book of hers that I read was Tara Road - it turned in to a Oprah's Book Club book - it was also made in to a movie.

That may be a good place to start, I really enjoyed that book anyway.

I have seen Wally's book - She's come undone - but I don't think I have read it.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Just watching Sarah Palin on "The Hour".. http://www.cbc.ca/entertainment/ :lol:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

So I'm sitting here thinking "Wow. She cleans her floors every morning? She really must like clean floors." :lol: Yeah. I'm a bit gullible sometimes. :blush: I've got the first load of laundry in and have just finished cleaning the guest room bathroom. Not a big fan of cleaning up after others. :dead: They sure do go through a lot of toilet paper and kleenex. :blink: Maybe I should check their luggage.

I just finished Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve. Not bad. She's a good author, Carla. What's the new one called, Trailmix?

Just watching Sarah Palin on "The Hour".. http://www.cbc.ca/entertainment/ :lol:

I just can't bring myself to turn that on. She bugs the ####### out of me. Not familiar with The Hour. Is it like This Hour Has 22 Minutes?

iagree.gif

Timeline

So I'm sitting here thinking "Wow. She cleans her floors every morning? She really must like clean floors." :lol: Yeah. I'm a bit gullible sometimes. :blush: I've got the first load of laundry in and have just finished cleaning the guest room bathroom. Not a big fan of cleaning up after others. :dead: They sure do go through a lot of toilet paper and kleenex. :blink: Maybe I should check their luggage.

I just finished Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve. Not bad. She's a good author, Carla. What's the new one called, Trailmix?

I just can't bring myself to turn that on. She bugs the ####### out of me. Not familiar with The Hour. Is it like This Hour Has 22 Minutes?

Actually here I do have to pretty much clean the floors every day, at least swiffer or sweep or both - tile floors show up EVERYTHING!

lol about the luggage

I just read a few pages of Maeve's book (Heart and Soul) - it is basically set in a hospital. I don't much care for stuff set in hospitals - hmmm.

Although I have read all of Maeve's novels and many of her short stories, I can't say that I have enjoyed all of them, the majority of them yes.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Yeah she bugs me too, but i'm off to watch it.

I love The Hour - it isn't comedy, it is a chat show with a great host, I can't belive you have never seen it! Maybe you would enjoy Kreskin!

Top 5 Kreskin Predictions on The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos: http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/includes/player.php?id=985434186

We actually went to see it live once, at the U of C - so we get there, stand in line for an hour and when we were about 2 from the front of the line they tell us that all seating is full and that we will have to stand.

Well I had had enough at that point, so we left.

Oh and I didn't wear a coat, even though it was pretty cold and then it got dark and we got lost on campus - which is like the twilight zone and I ended up wearing Mike's coat with him freezing and we finally found a friendly professor that helped us find our way back to our car - oh and he offered me his coat too which I thought was very very nice!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

George Stroumboulopoulos dreamy..... mmmmmm yummmy.... :luv:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
Kreskin's such a hoot/oddball, isn't he? lol

Watching Sarah Palin now. :bonk:

Yeah just watched a few mins of Kreskin - it was a bit odd lol - George usually has him on and he does stuff with the audience, which is fun.

I watched most of the Palin interview - not a good effort on George's part really - I found it to be a yawn and had to turn it off.

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.