Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Krikit - I love the scrabble kiteh! Sooo funny.

Edited by childress_london

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I watched this documentary last night called Word Wars.. it focused on 4 guys who are obsessed with Scrabble and go to all the tournaments... it was quite entertaining actually... you can see it on Netflix watch instantly thing...

in other news.. today I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to try and find a shower dispenser.. the hubster has been begging for one :P... I noticed they had Christmas stuff about 75 percent off so I took a look and found set of Lenox Mini Sleigh Bell Ornaments.. they were regularly priced at 30 bucks but with 75% off they were about 7 or 8 bucks.. I hemmed and hawed but grabbed the 1 of the 2 boxes that were left and figured I would make my decision while I looked for the dispenser..

so I found the dispenser and I was standing there trying to decide if I was going to take the ornaments.. I couldn't decide if I bought them if I would keep them for myself or give them for a gift... finally I said screw it I am going to buy two of them and keep one and give the other one away.. so I headed back over to the Christmas section and low and behold someone had scooped the other one :crying:

these are the ones I got... looks like they are on sale for 15 bucks on the LEnnox site...

79437lg.jpg

http://www.lenox.com/cat/index.cfm?fuseact...genum=1&kf=

oh and as a side note.. they had Christmas Crackers there.. I also had seen them somewhere else too but I can't remember now...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

coffee is on. and timbits too! :dance:

2417785286_a164e4fa77.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good Morning! Very icy day here in St. Louis. Lots of accidents. Gene left an hour later this morning, and I'm awaiting a call saying he's safely at work. I think he was a little hesitant to traverse the roads this morning in our new car! My Tai Chi class yesterday was awesome. I'm a little sore this morning. You mentioned Spirit, what kind of Tai Chi? I don't know what you mean. It's a Tai Chi class for Diabetes that I'm taking. One designed from a Dr. Lam in New Zealand. Here's the link for him and his programs.

http://www.taichiproductions.com/articles/...ticle.php?id=36

He licenses instructors and there is one here in St. Louis. While I'm taking it for health reasons, I've always been interested in "balance" and "meditation", so I'm taking it more for whole body relaxation. The first class however was not very relaxing. Lots of moves require all your weight to be placed on one leg at a time, lots of stretching and proper breathing of course. My thighs were quivering at the end of class. :lol: We're going to be learning about 20 moves, out of hmm 119? Course ends the end of February and I'll miss a couple of classes.

100_8210.jpg

Enjoy your day everyone!

Good Morning! Very icy day here in St. Louis. Lots of accidents. Gene left an hour later this morning, and I'm awaiting a call saying he's safely at work. I think he was a little hesitant to traverse the roads this morning in our new car! My Tai Chi class yesterday was awesome. I'm a little sore this morning. You mentioned Spirit, what kind of Tai Chi? I don't know what you mean. It's a Tai Chi class for Diabetes that I'm taking. One designed from a Dr. Lam in New Zealand. Here's the link for him and his programs.

http://www.taichiproductions.com/articles/...ticle.php?id=36

He licenses instructors and there is one here in St. Louis. While I'm taking it for health reasons, I've always been interested in "balance" and "meditation", so I'm taking it more for whole body relaxation. The first class however was not very relaxing. Lots of moves require all your weight to be placed on one leg at a time, lots of stretching and proper breathing of course. My thighs were quivering at the end of class. :lol: We're going to be learning about 20 moves, out of hmm 119? Course ends the end of February and I'll miss a couple of classes.

100_8210.jpg

Enjoy your day everyone!

carlahmsb4.gif

That is the coolest thing I ever heard of Carlawarla.

I am going to send the link to a friend who has diabetes and really needs to get his blood circulating better.

Congrats on taking such great care of yourself.

The Self is sacred!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok I just ate a couple of my cranberry hermit cookies.. I was only going to eat 2 or so but I don't even know how many I ate...:lol: finally I had to just shove the container away when I realized I was eating too many :P they are soo good though...

I wish my hubby liked them.... now I might eat them all... :P

he says he doesn't like the cranberries but he eats the very same cranberries in the white chocolate fudge :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning everyone. Coffee is ready! I'm excited about Gene and I planning our trip to the Florida Keys in a few weeks! It's time for some sunshine I'm thinking!

jazzve_coffee.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Good morning everyone. Coffee is ready! I'm excited about Gene and I planning our trip to the Florida Keys in a few weeks! It's time for some sunshine I'm thinking!

I'm excited too!!!!! :dance:

My friends come back from the Keys today, so I have a lot of cleaning to do before they get here. :crying: I'm hoping they want to stay another night, though. :devil:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm excited too!!!!! :dance:

My friends come back from the Keys today, so I have a lot of cleaning to do before they get here. :crying: I'm hoping they want to stay another night, though. :devil:

Yay for trips to Florida! :)

Wow it's early, already 20 degrees here, but it is supposed to rain later.

coffee.

Filed: Timeline
Yay for trips to Florida! :)

Wow it's early, already 20 degrees here, but it is supposed to rain later.

coffee.

Very windy with dark clouds here this morning. We're supposed to get a few thunderstorms today. I had to go and rescue all my plants already...... the ones I keep on some stands had blown over. Guess I should get started on the laundry. bleh

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

start on laundry, plan a trip to FL? Girls honestly.. it's only 7:30 (earlier for Carla)...

I've barely got my eyes open.... geepers :)

I want a trip to FL.. :( I'm going to start venting.. so I may go to the venting thread......

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.