Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

coffee and peckerheads, only in the canada forum.

good morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
coffee and peckerheads, only in the canada forum.

good morning everyone.

Good morning charles.

Hey Amanda, I meant to ask you, how was the performance this past weekend?

Krikit are you vonaged yet??

discount taker person

:hehe:

Timeline

We have started using SKYPE between my 2 sisters and mom/dad. Skype to skype is free, and the voice quality is excellent, video quality is great as well, very pleased

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Rats - woke up this morning fighting a sore throat (No, it is NOT swine flu, hehehe) and it feels like it wants to become a cold, grr! This would be the third cold since I moved down here 5 years ago and I am trying to decide where I was exposed to the germs. Hmm, might have been at the Renaissance Festival on Sunday. Anyway, lots of Vitamin C, zinc, sambucol and fluids. Any other good home recipes to prevent a cold from developing that anyone wants to offer?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Has anyone tried out MagicJack? It's a cool thing for your phone that costs you next to nothing to call home long distance. Basically, you take the thing, hook it up to your USB port then you just dial the numbers on your computer, turn your phone on, and it's ringing.

I think it cost like $15.99 for a whole year (I'm guessing it's such a low rate until they can get a large client base,) and I swear by it..you can't tell the difference between connections on MagicJack and your phone.

For such a cheap long distance service, it's very high quality and worth trying out :thumbs:

Edited by Misty1979

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
Has anyone tried out MagicJack? It's a cool thing for your phone that costs you next to nothing to call home long distance. Basically, you take the thing, hook it up to your USB port then you just dial the numbers on your computer, turn your phone on, and it's ringing.

I think it cost like $15.99 for a whole year (I'm guessing it's such a low rate until they can get a large client base,) and I swear by it..you can't tell the difference between connections on MagicJack and your phone.

For such a cheap long distance service, it's very high quality and worth trying out :thumbs:

Yes we tried it when we first moved here. Ours was totally unrealiable. In the 2 weeks or so we had it we had echo on the line - one day it didn't work at all - lots of interference etc etc.

But! I'm sure it works just fine for a lot of people, like you and you do get a free trial.

Timeline

damn, I thought my nursing books were hard to follow,lol Think i wil just stick to call of duty and sport games,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Rats - woke up this morning fighting a sore throat (No, it is NOT swine flu, hehehe) and it feels like it wants to become a cold, grr! This would be the third cold since I moved down here 5 years ago and I am trying to decide where I was exposed to the germs. Hmm, might have been at the Renaissance Festival on Sunday. Anyway, lots of Vitamin C, zinc, sambucol and fluids. Any other good home recipes to prevent a cold from developing that anyone wants to offer?

That sucks K, but I don't think 3 colds in 5 years is alot! One or 2 per year is about normal!

I dunno if you drink, but if so have a hot toddy! That is a great remedy for cold and flu, try it before bed.

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

That sucks K, but I don't think 3 colds in 5 years is alot! One or 2 per year is about normal!

I dunno if you drink, but if so have a hot toddy! That is a great remedy for cold and flu, try it before bed.

No, I haven't had a lot of colds ever since I found out I was allergic to cigarette smoke - stopped living with a smoker and stopped having colds! Hmm, just realized, Joe's best friend spend the weekend with us and he is a heavy smoker - I wonder if this is part of a reaction to cigarette smoke that clings to smokers . . .

Regardless, hot toddy! Yum! And the best part of that is if you have enough of them, even if it doesn't make you better, after a while you just don't care anymore, hehehehe!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Regardless, hot toddy! Yum! And the best part of that is if you have enough of them, even if it doesn't make you better, after a while you just don't care anymore, hehehehe!

:lol:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Good morning everyone! Hope coffee was served hot and fresh while I was away! :lol: I attended a great conference the past few days. I'm exhausted but my mind is energized. So much to do, so little time...so little resources. :blink: Hope everyone has a great day!

coffee-money.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Morning all.. *sigh.. I'm tired and just anxious today.. Talked to our landlord last night who is raising rent again.. We can't afford a rent hike, so we'll have to move bah! I hate moving mostly, not very attached to this place as you all know ;)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline
Krikit are you vonaged yet??

discount taker person

:hehe:

:lol: I've got the vonage box hooked up.... just waiting for them to do the cutover from my landline tomorrow. Except we won't be here. We're leaving for NC and won't be back until Monday or Tuesday. Yay. Not. I haven't been able to successfully install my router, though, but I don't have time to fool around with it at the moment. Maybe when I get back. Oh, and I have the virtual number in Canada as well. It's an Oakville number so I can screw around with some heads for a bit. :P

Morning all.. *sigh.. I'm tired and just anxious today.. Talked to our landlord last night who is raising rent again.. We can't afford a rent hike, so we'll have to move bah! I hate moving mostly, not very attached to this place as you all know ;)

What?! After you painted and prettied it all up for them? Don't they know there's a recession going on? :bonk:

Good morning, peoples. I have lots to do today. Going for a mani/pedi later on in the day. Better to drink wine in the afternoon than the morning. LOL. (You get wine with your mani/pedi.)

Did a bunch of shopping yesterday. Kohl's is having an 80% off sale.... got a beautiful top for less than $5! Also got some other tops, a pair of pants, and a dress. If you like being depressed, I highly recommend going clothes shopping. icon2.gif

iagree.gif

Timeline

Ooo I like clothes sales SO much!

I found this bamboo checkers and chess board at wegmans the other day for 1.97 so I bought it. I brought it home and Mike asked me why I picked it up. HELLO!? It is 1.97... I am sure we can find someone to give it to for a birthday or Christmas. :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.