Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good morning everyone. Having a nice easy day today. No big plans. We'll probably go for a walk later. We went to a french cafe last night. Our waiter was a hoot. Shared a bottle of wine and a lovely cheese and fruit tray. That was my dinner.... I really hadn't felt much like eating yesterday. Sat outside on the patio and listened to a really good entertainer. When we walked up and sat down the entertainer asked us our names and then introduced us to everyone else that was sitting there. Then he would do the same whenever someone new walked in. I think he must have taken the Dale Carnegie course to remember everyone's name! Then he asked where we were from. When we said we lived here he asked where we were from originally. It's funny that hardly anyone that lives here is actually from here. LOL

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Almost 30C at 1030 in the DC area, ouch! Thank god for AC!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish it was that nice. It snowed briefly here in Winnipeg yesterday.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning krikit and everyone else! Sounds like a wonderful evening krikit.

I just said goodbye to my friends. It was a busy but fun filled weekend so far. Friday night we went out to South St and to a couple of bars. Yesterday we went to the art museum. My son really enjoyed that. He talked about every single painting. I guess he has an appreciation for art, who would have known? I figured he would have been bored. But he was so excited to see a Van Gogh painting and proceeded to tell us all about how he cut off his ear and why he painted the way he did. Surprised me. :lol: Then we out for dinner and gelato and came home and watched grey gardens and penelope. Both amazing movies.

Today I am going out to go summer clothes shopping and pick up mario cart for the wii.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

Wow. That's hot, Flames. (Okay, that's funny on two levels. One, that I now sound like Paris Hilton and; two, "hot" and "flames".) :lol:

Sounds like you had a great weekend, Sprailenes. That's awesome about your son. Hopefully(?), we'll still be chatting on VJ in 10 years and you can tell us which direction he went in career-wise.

iagree.gif

Timeline

It's so hot here!!! GO AWAY SUN!!!

Yes Krikit... wow 10 years! I would love to still be checking in on everyone in 10 years. By then we'll have dual citizenships. :lol:

Who knows where everyone will be.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Good afternoon, everyone! After a foggy start, the sun finally burned off the fog around 10 or so and once again, I have all of the windows and sliding glass door open. Yea! It's a lovely 76* outside with a slight breeze. Perfect!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Another glorious day here in the South. We went to the Georgia Renaissance Festival today. I, of course, love to get dressed up in period clothing so was complete with my boned bodice and peticoats and such. Joe and his friend Bill who is visiting are too shy to make such public spectacles of themselves (I enjoy interacting with the other people in costume - it makes everything so much fun). We left about an hour ago - I would have been quite happy to stay longer but they had had their fill. I think I may want to start attending these things by myself on a second trip:-).

Now, Joe and Bill are trying to figure out how to get his car driveable again. He drove in yesterday morning from Alabama and pulled over onto the side of the road to have a cigarette. Well, he mis-judged the condition of the side of the road and 'fell' into a sinkhole type of rut. He didn't realize until this morning that he must have damaged the bottom of the car. The bottom part of the fender is hanging lose and the car is leaking coolant like crazy. I had to hose down the driveway this morning because coolant is both attractive and fatal for cats and dogs who like to lick it. They are trying to see if the car can hold enough coolant so he can at least drive to a service center and if not, then it will need to be towed. Joe of course wants to send him to his service center which is 25 miles south - out of his way - and I am saying why not go to where I have my car serviced which is about 3 miles away! Anyway, we will see what they discover and what tomorrow brings. Bill was supposed to head home tomorrow morning but it looks like that's not happening now.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Oooh, sounds like a lovely way to spend the day Kathryn. I think he should take the service station 3 miles away too. But we're women and we make rational choices. lol

Timeline

Its beautiful here too today, I love this weather not missing the snow one bit yet.

I think I would have fun doing something like that too Kathryn at least once I got over being shy but with lots of ppl dressed up it would be a blast.

Cars can be such a pain at times can't they at least its not yours but it still sucks hopefully Bill had a nice visit anyways.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I LOVE the fact that I was able to grill outside this evening! LOVE this warm weather. It's about dang time. :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

We grilled outside too. But then my husband dropped a piece of coal through our balcony and it landed on the neighbors patio. Yea she didn't like that too much. Her son walked outside and was about to pick it up and she said: "Leave it there for when I report them"

Ok there, don't you think it would take less energy to pick up the damn charcoal than it would be to call the property management and report us?

And isn't it funny we're getting "reported" for dropping a piece of coal through our balcony, yet the neighbors next door had a huge party that was loud and outside and lasted until at least 4 this morning.

I don't know about you guys, but I would take a single piece of coal over a noisy crowd of frat boys any day. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

most places around here dont allow charcoal BBQ's or propane BBQ's if your not on the ground floor. First thing we buy when we buy our house is a good BBQ,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.