Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Is this a thread where we get to post random stuff? I can't believe I've never been in here before... I always have so much to say, but nobody to listen :lol:

You know whats great? Chocolate.

and you have discovered the beauty of Canadian OT. :lol:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning everyone! I'm going to have to turn on my a/c this morning! Ugh, it was so horrible sleeping last night. It's supposed to get to 85 degrees here today, so I can only imagine how hot it will be in here by the end of the day. So, enough of that #######! :lol: I've got a busy day today and some of that involves a book fair! :dance: Tomorrow we're going to be gardening and Sunday we're going to a Cubs Cardinals game! :thumbs:

Should be a fun weekend! Hope yours is the same!

coffee-cup-2.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
I got my Welcome to the United States letter in the mail! WOOHOO! :) Totally unexpected but awesome!

Wow. They're really rolling them out in record time now. Congratulations Amy! :)

Thanks for the coffee, Carla. I just love french-press coffee. Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy. :)

iagree.gif

Timeline

Thanks for the coffee Carla, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Yes, it's hot here too, it was 89 at some point yesterday, prob warmer but I stopped checking after that.

There is a woodpecker in a tree - not far from our bedroom window, he is starting to annoy me a tad.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like you have quite a few, or just the same, annoying woodpeckers, t-mix. They annoy the ####### out of me.

Today is my first of two choral performances here at the university. We will be singing Faure's Requiem and I Was Glad by Charles Parry. We have a full orchestra and an organ. It's really going to be very pretty. I wish I could hear it in the audience instead of being on stage! :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Good morning everyone! Have fun at your game Carla (go cubs! :P)

Oh sounds like fun Amanda... break a leg! Err not really! But it'll be fun I am sure!

Kalyn and Ian just called me from NY and are driving down at about 3:00... they've been visiting with friends there for the past couple of days. So excited. Planning on going to the art museum tomorrow and perhaps take them shopping on South St, and to Jims where they make the best cheese steaks ever! Hmm perhaps taking vegans out for cheesesteaks isn't a bright idea... ahh whatever they make veggie sandwiches too. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

haha Who are Kaylyn and Ian?

Edited by thetreble

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

They are friends of mine from Canada. I posted about it yesterday so it was a continuation. Kalyn just finished a 3 year teaching contract in Thailand and just moved back to Canada recently. She and I have been friends for a looong time. She was the first person to find out I was pregnant with Ethan. Ian is more Kalyns friend but we have hung out a couple of times. We met Ian YEARS ago at a rave, when we were teeners, he was sitting in a sink in the girls bathroom and we just started talking to him. Fast forward 14 years later and here we are.

Oh and it was Kalyn and Ian who drove me to the airport to meet Mike! They've kind of been there for all of my important moments.

I remember he got down the area to meet us and we all busted out in the "prince of bel-air" for him because he's from near Philly... poor guy probably wanted to turn around and go back. :lol:

But he was a sport about it, he let us finish the entire song and thanked us.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I woke up this morning realizing I've dreamt about immigration for the past 4 nights! And I haven't even sent in my I-129F! Gah, I'm going to be a nervous wreck during this whole process. I couldn't even imagine planning a wedding, too, brain would go into overload. It used to be all I'd think about was him. Now it's him, paperwork, him, wait-times, him, fees : ( I can't wait until it's over and it technically hasn't even started yet bleh.

Glad I have a place to vent :blush:

K-1 process:

05-05-2009: Mailed I-129F

05-15-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: Check cashed

08-19-2009: NOA2 Email

08-24-2009: NOA2 Hardcopy

08-24-2009: NVC In

08-26-2009: NVC Out

08-28-2009: Consulate Received

09-03-2009: Packet 3 Received

09-04-2009: Packet 3 Returned (via fax)

09-04-2009: Interview date (by email)

09-08-2009: Packet 4 received

09-16-2009: Medical Appointment

09-17-2009: Interview

09-22-2009: Visa in hand

10-20-2009?: POE

10-31-2009: Legal marriage

05-22-2010: <3 Our wedding <3

Our wait is almost over <3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
I got my Welcome to the United States letter in the mail! WOOHOO! :) Totally unexpected but awesome!

Wow. They're really rolling them out in record time now. Congratulations Amy! :)

Thanks for the coffee, Carla. I just love french-press coffee. Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy. :)

No kidding. Quite a few of the February filers have gotten their welcome letters in the past two weeks. I wonder if USCIS hired more staff...

~ Catherine

Timeline

Aww!

My boss walked in this morning with chai tea from starbucks for me and the other assistant and says: "I know I'm late but here you go" and she gives us both a card with a starbucks gift certificate in it. Thats just so nice! I didn't expect anything at all.

Even though they sometimes run things really backwards here, it's nice to know they love us. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Good morning everyone! Have fun at your game Carla (go cubs! :P)

Oh sounds like fun Amanda... break a leg! Err not really! But it'll be fun I am sure!

Kalyn and Ian just called me from NY and are driving down at about 3:00... they've been visiting with friends there for the past couple of days. So excited. Planning on going to the art museum tomorrow and perhaps take them shopping on South St, and to Jims where they make the best cheese steaks ever! Hmm perhaps taking vegans out for cheesesteaks isn't a bright idea... ahh whatever they make veggie sandwiches too. :P

That'll be fun, are you going to run up the stairs of the art museum and jump up and down!?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Ahaha probably not... I'll tell them to do it.

I remember I took my friend from San Diego there a couple of years ago and he ran up and did the whole rocky thing. Then there was this giant spider at the top, like a metal sculpture and I thought: "Wow that would be fun to climb on!" because it looked like a jungle gym and we thought it would be neat to take a picture of us on top of the spider. It was like 11:00 at night and we go to climb the spider, and all of a sudden flood lights go on and this austrian voice comes over a loud speaker and says: "PLEASE GET DOWN! IT'S ART!" :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Sounds like you have quite a few, or just the same, annoying woodpeckers, t-mix. They annoy the ####### out of me.

Today is my first of two choral performances here at the university. We will be singing Faure's Requiem and I Was Glad by Charles Parry. We have a full orchestra and an organ. It's really going to be very pretty. I wish I could hear it in the audience instead of being on stage! :lol:

:)

The choir I was in, in high school, sang that same requiem in our first (and only) general public performance.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

I've always wished I could sing :(

Being totally random, I was thinking about something today. Not to start a huge debate, but hypothetically, what If someone was in a same sex relationship with an American and wanted to come live and marry in the US? I understand that same sex marriages are not legal in most states, but what if the USC resided in a state like Massachusetts, where these marriages are legal. I haven't heard of such a relationship here on VJ... I was just wondering if its possible, or does USCIS say no way? Also too, an American citizen in a same sex relationship could easily be married to a Canadian up in Canada. Does they mean they could file a CR-1 or K3?

The answer is probably no, but under what grounds? As far as I know, there is no national law on the issue. Completely random, just curious!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.