Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Congratulations Flames! How exciting for you.

We REALLY need a screened in patio so the lizards don't sit on it and so the big bees don't make me scream and run inside :blink:

Yep. I'm getting tired of bbq'ing the little buggers. They do make a great appie, though. :hehe:

:lol:

Well fluffy thinks so :huh:

What she has been doing - not often but a few times - she toys with these lizards - I think I even saw her carrying one in her mouth - I have seen her swat them. I believe she is the one who placed the stunned lizard on the patio this morning.

Filed: Timeline
Congratulations Flames! How exciting for you.

We REALLY need a screened in patio so the lizards don't sit on it and so the big bees don't make me scream and run inside :blink:

Yep. I'm getting tired of bbq'ing the little buggers. They do make a great appie, though. :hehe:

Well fluffy thinks so :huh:

When my friends were here their son wanted to catch one. However, they didn't realize that their tales come off in order to escape from just such a scenario. Kind of freaked them out, really. :lol:

iagree.gif

Thanks guys.. we will of course take loads of pics, and of course blog all about the adventure (started that yesterday)..

We are stopping in MD tonite, going out for breakfast in the morning with hubbys' BFF's and then heading down through DC, VA & the Carolinas the next day!

:dance::dance::dance:

Oh oh, Emancipation. They've declared a state of emergency in SC..... North Myrtle Beach. Hope you're not staying near Barefoot Landing. :unsure: And I hope it doesn't go any further than that because that's where my inlaws' place is.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-natio...US.SC.Wildfire/

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks guys.. we will of course take loads of pics, and of course blog all about the adventure (started that yesterday)..

We are stopping in MD tonite, going out for breakfast in the morning with hubbys' BFF's and then heading down through DC, VA & the Carolinas the next day!

:dance::dance::dance:

Oh oh, Emancipation. They've declared a state of emergency in SC..... North Myrtle Beach. Hope you're not staying near Barefoot Landing. :unsure: And I hope it doesn't go any further than that because that's where my inlaws' place is.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-natio...US.SC.Wildfire/

Yeah I know.. just going to call the hotel now. I WAS going to book in N. Myrtle, cause that's where I used to live, but something told me not to.. so thankfully we are out of the danger zone. I'm asthmatic though so being outside when it's smokey's not really a good thing :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Yeah I know.. just going to call the hotel now. I WAS going to book in N. Myrtle, cause that's where I used to live, but something told me not to.. so thankfully we are out of the danger zone. I'm asthmatic though so being outside when it's smokey's not really a good thing :(

When I first moved here Florida was on fire. I couldn't open the windows, and going for a walk was out of the question. Too much smoke. I hope it doesn't interfere with your honeymoon. But most of all I hope they get it under control. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

When I first moved here Florida was on fire. I couldn't open the windows, and going for a walk was out of the question. Too much smoke. I hope it doesn't interfere with your honeymoon. But most of all I hope they get it under control. :(

Just talked to the hotel, they said you wouldn't know there was a fire.. I agree.. I do hope they get it under control.. thankfully there hasn't been a loss of life that I know of yet.

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
Just talked to the hotel, they said you wouldn't know there was a fire.. I agree.. I do hope they get it under control.. thankfully there hasn't been a loss of life that I know of yet.

Oh good. Can I ask where you're staying?

Are you going to come stalk me? :lol:

tee hee.. of course.. Compass Cove.. http://www.compasscove.com/

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
Make sure you get pics playing on the toys! :lol:

:blush: ah.. you know me too well!! :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Have you ever have someone give you an abundance of something? Like way too much...

My mom sent my son down with 8 jars of homemade relish. She keeps asking me if I have tried any... I don't like relish. :(

What am I going to do with 8 jars of relish? I am thinking about slowly emptying them into the trash and keeping the mason jars. :P

It reminds me of when my grandma died - I hate doilies more than the average person, I have a doily issue, I don't know where it stems from, I just find them tacky.

Well after my grandma died I got this HUGE box and inside it was all the doilies she made. I think she only knew how to crochet doilies because there were hundreds. I MEAN HUNDREDS! In all shapes and sizes.

Being the sentimental person I am, I kept this box of doilies and I have been dragging it around with me for the past 5 years. It was one of the biggest boxes during my move and when my husband lifted it he asked what was inside and I said: "Doilies" He just gave me this look.

Yes they're doilies, hundreds of doilies in all colours of the rainbow and no I won't get rid of them. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Have you ever have someone give you an abundance of something? Like way too much...

My mom sent my son down with 8 jars of homemade relish. She keeps asking me if I have tried any... I don't like relish. :(

What am I going to do with 8 jars of relish? I am thinking about slowly emptying them into the trash and keeping the mason jars. :P

It reminds me of when my grandma died - I hate doilies more than the average person, I have a doily issue, I don't know where it stems from, I just find them tacky.

Well after my grandma died I got this HUGE box and inside it was all the doilies she made. I think she only knew how to crochet doilies because there were hundreds. I MEAN HUNDREDS! In all shapes and sizes.

Being the sentimental person I am, I kept this box of doilies and I have been dragging it around with me for the past 5 years. It was one of the biggest boxes during my move and when my husband lifted it he asked what was inside and I said: "Doilies" He just gave me this look.

Yes they're doilies, hundreds of doilies in all colours of the rainbow and no I won't get rid of them. :P

Maybe give the relish away to peeps at work, just to avoid wasting it! 8 jars is a bit much, even if you were a huge relish lover!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yummy relish!!! is it the green or yellow stuff?? lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.