Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

banana muffins, cake etc. is my favourite... my wedding cake was banana with chocolate frosting, which I baked and decorated myself.. it didn't look the greatest :P but it was soo yummy....

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I feel so bad for my cousin and his fiancee.

They have decided to get married and they have NO money at all. Her mother just passed away, and she is now living with my cousin at his parents. My cousins parents have NO money and can't help him at all. He's a dishwasher and she's a waitress at Swiss Chalet and she's well an art student at George Brown. I give her props for going to school and working but I just don't know about them having a wedding. Every other day her facebook status is asking people if they know of a cheap space to rent for a reception.

Today they sent me an invitation on facebook for their jack and jill and they've decided to have their jack and jill on the beach... like Kew Beach in Toronto... in June. They are talking about having lots of drinks and stuff for everyone.

Umm drinking on the beach is illegal... so I decided to message his fiancee and ask her if she knew of this stuff. She said she didn't. You can't just have a party on the beach. :lol: Well you can but you can expect to get your a$$es fined.

Also how are you going to justify asking people to spend 25.00 to show up at your jack and jill that is being held on public property??

I can not take his wedding seriously.

I don't think either of them know what they are doing. :lol:

His brother is getting married this fall too, but him and his fiancee have saved up properly for their big day.

Oh my! I am not a fan of Jack and Jills at all.... good how you messaged her to let her know, could you imagine if it got raided by the cops what a way to ruin their party!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Yea I am not a fan of jack and jill's either. It doesn't matter that I messaged her though, she's only 23 so she still thinks she's invincible. They're going to go ahead with their plans of having a beach party. Oh well, glad I won't be there.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

That is hilarious! I loved when he was already caught in the one container that he actually went and tried to get in the second, hehehe

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am seriously obsessed with Maru the cat.

That is all.

Maru needs to be ON a diet, not just wearing the diet. :lol:

:rofl:

so true. I like his round pumpkin head and sausage body.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I posted our old furniture for free tonight at 9pm on Craigslist. Chris is staying at the Pahoa house till next week with the old furniture, so I left his cell # to contact. I figured it was a long shot that anyone would want Big Blue (our monstrously ugly robin-egg blue couch). He had 13 phone calls in the past hour. :lol:

So, I had to delete the ads so he doesn't get anymore calls. Better his # than mine. I guess a nice old man is going to pick everything up tomorrow when Chris gets off his night shift.

Which basically was all we wanted - to not have to move anymore furniture. And not to have to take anything to the dump or Goodwill.

Edited by MrsCat

Good morning everyone! My apologies for not posting coffee yesterday morning, but I was running very late before my pilates class yesterday and couldn't stop by!

I'm SO glad I decided to stick it out with the pilates anyway. I was so much more limber yesterday, and was able to do some of the moves! My, what an ab workout! I'm hardly sore today as well, so I think I'm doing it right. :lol: I was in tears last week, and this week I was SO energized!

Enjoy your day everyone! Thanks for serving up coffee yesterday Krikit! It looked SO good!

12359305_eb15cb4b4f.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Good for you, Carla. Usually after the first or second time, you won't hurt as bad. Our bodies are wonderful things.

Our area of New Jersey is infested with ticks. I've been walking the dogs lately in the forests and every time I've gotta pick the ticks off of them. They have had their shots against lime disease.

But then this morning when Jared got up, one was stuck to his leg :(

So I get up to go pee and there it is, swimming in the toilet. Didn't even have the decency to flush it! :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hot yoga is really good too! I started going to Moksha and it sucks and its hard but I'm getting better with each passing class!

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Timeline
Hot yoga is really good too! I started going to Moksha and it sucks and its hard but I'm getting better with each passing class!

My daughter took hot yoga but it made her nauseous so she stopped going. I had to google Moksha. It says it's liberation from the cycle of death and rebirth. :blink:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.