Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You are deliriously happy - yay! Nothing like being able to make REAL solid plans eh?

Hey guys... I never really posted in here... but I was looking for a 'daily banter' and I guess this is it.... LET ME IN! HAHA!

well today is my first day back from Montreal... and i'd like to say that I officially have a cloud that floats over my head... no matter where I go, weather is always ****!!!!! I left for Montreal, it was cold and WINDY! Spoke with my mom back in TO, she was like 'yeah, we are wearing tshirts outside...blah'! and we checked PA weather while we were in MTL and saw it was 22C in PA... #######??? lol!

Now I wake up and it's pouring outside! HAHA! what gives?

I see you guys talking about a honeymoon... is this before moving over? I never though of that... like before the wedding so waiting for AP don't affect us...hmmmmm

Ok, so I am calling the moving co. today..... they want $2k US to move my stuff :( Trust me, I priced it out, called around....

And did I mention that I have to pay out my car before I leave? HAHA!

Ok, this is starting to sound like it belongs in 'The Vent' :blush: SORRY! Don't kick me out, I just got here!!! HAHA! I wanna hang with the cool kids!

Ok, off to the gym.... after 4 days of pastries in MTL lol! I'm really looking forward to my 4 shot Americano....mmmmm

Have a good day!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hey guys... I never really posted in here... but I was looking for a 'daily banter' and I guess this is it.... LET ME IN! HAHA!

well today is my first day back from Montreal... and i'd like to say that I officially have a cloud that floats over my head... no matter where I go, weather is always ****!!!!! I left for Montreal, it was cold and WINDY! Spoke with my mom back in TO, she was like 'yeah, we are wearing tshirts outside...blah'! and we checked PA weather while we were in MTL and saw it was 22C in PA... #######??? lol!

Now I wake up and it's pouring outside! HAHA! what gives?

I see you guys talking about a honeymoon... is this before moving over? I never though of that... like before the wedding so waiting for AP don't affect us...hmmmmm

Ok, so I am calling the moving co. today..... they want $2k US to move my stuff :( Trust me, I priced it out, called around....

And did I mention that I have to pay out my car before I leave? HAHA!

Ok, this is starting to sound like it belongs in 'The Vent' :blush: SORRY! Don't kick me out, I just got here!!! HAHA! I wanna hang with the cool kids!

Ok, off to the gym.... after 4 days of pastries in MTL lol! I'm really looking forward to my 4 shot Americano....mmmmm

Have a good day!

Yeah the weather in Philly was SOOO warm this weekend! Saturday was wearing tee and shorts, had my first Rita's water ice, yum!! Today, back to rain and cold....

We didn't take a honeymoon, just because we want to take a cruise and obviously couldn't leave the US... we're going to do the cruise immediately after our wedding next year!

As for the move, have you considered Uhaul? It's considerably cheaper than movers, we had a 17 foot truck which fit all my stuff (I had alot too, it was packed).... It cost $700 plus fuel.... I drove my car and my fiancee followed behind in the Uhaul, he flew one way to Toronto and we left the next morning.... something to think about anyway, will save you $$.... You're coming from and to the same area as I....

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I do sound dorky don't I?

Speaking of 'eh' this weekend my fiancé caught me saying 'huh' a lot and with a sad face be said 'huh?, what happened to the eh!' haha! He loves making fun of me and is worried I'm losing it!

Jill, we priced out the UHaul move, we considered that cost plus the flight for him to come down and the fact that we would need help loading and unloading... At the end of the day the money came close and the hassle even bigger! Plus my fiancé was mortified that he would have no Satellite radio to listen to Howard Stern all the way home for 8 hours! Haha!

Ps. Sorry for potential typos...I type on my iPhone with these long nails...don't want it mistaken for illiteracy or Ebonics! Lol'!

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline
I do sound dorky don't I?

Speaking of 'eh' this weekend my fiancé caught me saying 'huh' a lot and with a sad face be said 'huh?, what happened to the eh!' haha! He loves making fun of me and is worried I'm losing it!

Jill, we priced out the UHaul move, we considered that cost plus the flight for him to come down and the fact that we would need help loading and unloading... At the end of the day the money came close and the hassle even bigger! Plus my fiancé was mortified that he would have no Satellite radio to listen to Howard Stern all the way home for 8 hours! Haha!

Ps. Sorry for potential typos...I type on my iPhone with these long nails...don't want it mistaken for illiteracy or Ebonics! Lol'!

Understand that, makes sense!! I felt bad for my man because he was driving this Uhaul with nothing but a crappy radio inside, no CD player or anything. At least I had my tunes to sing along to!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am wondering if you guys could help me figure out something :P

first to set it up:

Tuesdays between 9-11am no parking on the side streets because of weekly street cleanings

so you park on the main street but there is a sign that says only 2 hour parking between 9am and 6 pm.. so you have to go move your car around 11am...

could park overnight on Monday on main street but no parking for over 30 minutes between 2am and 4am.., no sign but I guess it is the law here :P

so today I go and buy a permit to park overnight on the main street, it only cost 3 dollars and it expires tomorrow morning at 4am..

my question is this, what if I bought overnight parking permit for 2 nights (you can buy up to 3 nights), (which I would assume expires Wednesday morning at 4am),... do you think I would still have to move my car before 11am tomorrow? :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have no idea what your talking about Marilyn lol

Why is when you make banana bread etc its looks like there are little black strands of spider legs. I imagine it is the banana that does this but why?

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

i am talking about parking my car :P..

what I do now is get up before 9am and move my car to the main street and then before 11am I go and move my car back to the side street...

I was just looking and there is a 3 month permit you can get for 17 bucks but you have to have a qualifying need to park on the main street.. not sure if this would qualify :P

and I am still not sure if I could park my car on the main street for more then 2 hours between 9am and 6pm with the permit... :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I feel so bad for my cousin and his fiancee.

They have decided to get married and they have NO money at all. Her mother just passed away, and she is now living with my cousin at his parents. My cousins parents have NO money and can't help him at all. He's a dishwasher and she's a waitress at Swiss Chalet and she's well an art student at George Brown. I give her props for going to school and working but I just don't know about them having a wedding. Every other day her facebook status is asking people if they know of a cheap space to rent for a reception.

Today they sent me an invitation on facebook for their jack and jill and they've decided to have their jack and jill on the beach... like Kew Beach in Toronto... in June. They are talking about having lots of drinks and stuff for everyone.

Umm drinking on the beach is illegal... so I decided to message his fiancee and ask her if she knew of this stuff. She said she didn't. You can't just have a party on the beach. :lol: Well you can but you can expect to get your a$$es fined.

Also how are you going to justify asking people to spend 25.00 to show up at your jack and jill that is being held on public property??

I can not take his wedding seriously.

I don't think either of them know what they are doing. :lol:

His brother is getting married this fall too, but him and his fiancee have saved up properly for their big day.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why is when you make banana bread etc its looks like there are little black strands of spider legs. I imagine it is the banana that does this but why?

Actually the whole banana turns black - the strands are just probably more noticable (should remove them).

It's just what happens to pretty much all fruit when the air hits it (oxidation).

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Actually the whole banana turns black - the strands are just probably more noticable (should remove them).

It's just what happens to pretty much all fruit when the air hits it (oxidation).

Yeah they were in the freezeer so I had let them thaw and then cut the ends and squeezed them out. lol I'm not the best baker ever..

Timeline

Yeah they were in the freezeer so I had let them thaw and then cut the ends and squeezed them out. lol I'm not the best baker ever..

wow what a great tip.. :thumbs: I am always sitting there trying to take the peel off.... will have to remember that for next time...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

what I do now is get up before 9am and move my car to the main street and then before 11am I go and move my car back to the side street...

I was just looking and there is a 3 month permit you can get for 17 bucks but you have to have a qualifying need to park on the main street.. not sure if this would qualify :P

and I am still not sure if I could park my car on the main street for more then 2 hours between 9am and 6pm with the permit... :unsure:

i dunno, the only answer i could come up with is "this is another reason cali sucks."

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

i dunno, the only answer i could come up with is "this is another reason cali sucks."

correction: "this is another reason that the neighborhood we live in sucks" :P ..lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

wow what a great tip.. :thumbs: I am always sitting there trying to take the peel off.... will have to remember that for next time...

lol They were took black and gross looking for me. I put Ziploc bags on my hands so I wouldn't touch them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.